PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:59 pm      Post subject: Polish Translation Help

Originally posted this on Polish Translations, but it was not showing in my posts, but I found it in the Polish Translations and have deleted it and moved it here.
Two birth records in Polish: One is birth of Maciej Garbula 1829, scan 36, page 296 149/323, Tomaszow Lub. Second one is birth of Wojciech Garbula 1834, scan 34, 67/335, Tomaszow Lub.

Do they both share the same Father, ie brothers, as I can see a Bartlomiej Garbula in both records near the top of each record? Maciej may be my Great Grandfather, and Bartlomiej my Great Great Grandfather. Waiting your translations.

gabby

Screenshot (80).png
 Description:
Birth record Wojciech Garbula 1834, scan 83, 67/335, Tomaszow Lub.
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (29).png
 Description:
Birth record Maciej Garbula 1829, scan 36, page 296,149/323, Tomaszow Lub.
 Filesize:  935 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot (29).png

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:17 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation Help

gabby wrote:
Originally posted this on Polish Translations, but it was not showing in my posts, but I found it in the Polish Translations and have deleted it and moved it here.
Two birth records in Polish: One is birth of Maciej Garbula 1829, scan 36, page 296 149/323, Tomaszow Lub. Second one is birth of Wojciech Garbula 1834, scan 34, 67/335, Tomaszow Lub.

Do they both share the same Father, ie brothers, as I can see a Bartlomiej Garbula in both records near the top of each record? Maciej may be my Great Grandfather, and Bartlomiej my Great Great Grandfather. Waiting your translations.

gabby

I am working on it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
gabby

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:48 pm      Post subject: Polish Translation Help

Vico11 if you are the one working on my translations, my reply is that I am patiently waiting to see the information, if someone else is doing it please advise. I have no problem with a "Thank you" gift as I have done in the past. It seems like it is taking a lot longer for translations.
Thank you
gabby
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:04 am      Post subject:

Hi Gabby,
I'm sure Marcel will come back to this, he always does, and give you the translation that he is working on. In the meantime, I can help you with the basic question you asked: Do these two birth records have the same father? Yes, they do. Bartlomiej Garbula is the father, and the mother is Anna (maiden name Kukielka) for both records.
Hope this helps,
Sophia
gabby

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:11 am      Post subject: Translation Help

Sophia,
Thank you very much for your continued help with the site and your information on the relationship of the two records.
I was somewhat concerned because generally the translation requests have brought a reply within a couple of days. My problem is not being able to read the Polish or have anyone who can. I did give copies of some records to my brother-in- laws, mother-in-law who was born in Poland and came here as a young child and has been part of the Polish community for years, but I have not heard back from her for several months. So I have become dependent on this site for Polish or Old Russian translations. I have about eight other document scans that I would like to get translations on but have been trying to stay within the five per month.

Thank you so much,
Gabby
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:56 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation Help

gabby wrote:

gabby

Nr 83

It happened in the town of Tomaszów, on March 25th, 1834, at 1.30 p.m.
Appeared Bartłomiej Garbula, a peasant living in the village of Majdan Górny, 35 years old, in the presence of Antoni Jeruzal, 26 years old and Jakub Gorączka, 38 years old, both peasants from the village of Majdan Górny and presented Us a male infant child, who was born today in Majdan Górny, at 4 a.m., to his wife, Anna nee Kukiełka, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today the child was given the name: Wojciech, and the godparents were: the aforementioned Antoni Jeruzal and Anna Raszkiewicz.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, who all were illiterate, and it was signed by Us only.

The parish-priest, Kwiatkowski.

Nr 36

It happened in Tomaszó, on February 17th, 1829, at 4.30, p.m.
Appeared Bartłomiej Garbula, a peasant, living in the village of Majdan Górny, 36 years old, in the presence of Krzysztof Garbula, a peasant from the village of Majdan Górny, 30 years old and Bazyli Pakosik, a daylaborer from the town of Tomaszów, 28 years old, and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in Majdan Górny on the 15th day of the current month and year, at 8 p.m., to his wife, Anna nee Kukiełka, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Maciej, and the godparents were: the aforementioned Krzysztof Garbula and Marianna Sidorowa.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by Us only because they were illiterate.

PAYPAL: [email protected]

Last edited by marcelproust on Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
gabby

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:45 am      Post subject: Translation

Thank you very much Marcel, waiting for the second one on Maciej Garbula.

gabby
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:55 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Help

gabby wrote:
Sophia,
Thank you very much for your continued help with the site and your information on the relationship of the two records.
I was somewhat concerned because generally the translation requests have brought a reply within a couple of days. My problem is not being able to read the Polish or have anyone who can. I did give copies of some records to my brother-in- laws, mother-in-law who was born in Poland and came here as a young child and has been part of the Polish community for years, but I have not heard back from her for several months. So I have become dependent on this site for Polish or Old Russian translations. I have about eight other document scans that I would like to get translations on but have been trying to stay within the five per month.

Thank you so much,
Gabby

Hi Gabby,
Glad I could help!
I know it is challenging to learn to read these records yourself. You did well to spot Bartlomiej's name near the top of these two records. I hope you go back to them and try to spot the mother's name as well. It will show up as "Anny z Kukielkow" which makes it a bit tricky, but the rules of grammar force some changes to the endings of names. Anyway, take a look because it may assist you in finding other siblings.
I'm happy to see that Marcel provided both translations for you yesterday.
Best of luck in your search,
Sophia
gabby

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:18 pm      Post subject: Lubin Website Issue

Sophia,
Have not been able to access any scans on registry.lubgens.eu/news.php for almost a week, end up with 404 error code file not found. Have email the administrator, and one of the moderators concerning this and have not received a reply. Wondering if you know of some issues going on with the site? Always appreciate your help.
Thank you,
Gabby
ps. with your help and Marcel I have been able to locate information on my grandfather, great grandfather, and great great grandfather.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:15 am      Post subject: Re: Lubin Website Issue

gabby wrote:
Sophia,
Have not been able to access any scans on registry.lubgens.eu/news.php for almost a week, end up with 404 error code file not found. Have email the administrator, and one of the moderators concerning this and have not received a reply. Wondering if you know of some issues going on with the site? Always appreciate your help.
Thank you,
Gabby
ps. with your help and Marcel I have been able to locate information on my grandfather, great grandfather, and great great grandfather.

Hi Gabby,
The problem is that the Lubgens site scans are links to the szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl site, which has been down for a while. There is a recent post here on the forum, in which Zenon says that szukajwarchiwach may remain closed until the end of November. I expect you will regain access to scans at that point.
Best of luck in your continued research,
Sophia
gabby

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:07 am      Post subject: Re: Lubin Website

Thank you, as usual you always have been of much help. Would be nice if the posted something the site.

Gabby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: