PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:23 am      Post subject: Two questions regarding deaths in Piotrawin

Greetings,
I'm looking for clarification on a couple of lines in two different death records in Piotrawin.
In record #21 the line between the two red dots seems to refer to a burial, which is an unusual occurence, and why is the Sąd involved?
In record #42, what is the precise meaning of the underlined words mean. To me, it could be one of two possibilities.

TIA,
Cheers,
Henry

1842 Death Record 42.jpg
 Description:
Query regarding the underlined words
 Filesize:  215.16 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1842 Death Record 42.jpg

1842 Death Record 21.jpg
 Description:
Query regarding the line between the two dots.
 Filesize:  194.61 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1842 Death Record 21.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:27 am      Post subject: Re: Two questions regarding deaths in Piotrawin

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,
I'm looking for clarification on a couple of lines in two different death records in Piotrawin.
In record #21 the line between the two red dots seems to refer to a burial, which is an unusual occurence, and why is the Sąd involved?
In record #42, what is the precise meaning of the underlined words mean. To me, it could be one of two possibilities.

TIA,
Cheers,
Henry

It happened in Piotrawin, on July 24th, at 10 a.m., in the year of 1842.
Appeared Wincenty Krzak, the deceased's father, 36 years old and Józef Dygus, 40 years old, both peasants from Głodno and they declared that on July 23rd of the current year, at 1 p.m., died Katarzyna Krzak, four and a half year old, daughter of Wincenty and Marianna nee Mosińska.
After convinced myself about the death of Katarzyna this act was read to the illiterate declarants and it was signed by Us.

Priest Bąkowski, the administrator of the Piotrawin parish.

The underlined words are: pół piąta roku: which can be understand as a four and a half year (or maybe a four and a half of the year).

It happened in Piotrawin, on April 5th, at 3 p.m., in the year of 1842. Appered Wojciech Cieślak, 50 years old and Franciszek Sekuła, 43 years old, both peasants, farmers from Zakrzew and they declared that on the 30th day of March of the current year, at 11 a.m., died in Łopoczno: Franciszek Markowicz, 45 years old, a daylaborer feom Zakrzew. He was survived by his widowed wife, Marianna nee Madej. He was burried by a Kazimierz Court of Piece order dated March 24th/April 5th of the current year, number 412.
This act was read to the declarants and it was signed by Us, because they were illiterate.

Priest Wojciech Bąkowski, the administrator of the parish.

PAYPAL: [email protected]

Last edited by marcelproust on Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Henry Soszynski

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:27 pm      Post subject: Re: Two questions regarding deaths in Piotrawin

marcelproust wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

TIA,
Cheers,
Henry

It happened in Piotrawin, on July 24th, at 10 a.m., in the year of 1842.
Appeared Wincenty Krzak, the deceased's father, 36 years old and Józef Dygus, 40 years old, both peasants from Głodno and they declared that on July 23rd of the current year, at 1 p.m., died Katarzyna Krzak, four and a half year old, daughter of Wincenty and Marianna nee Mosińska.
After convinced myself about the death of Katarzyna this act was read to the illiterate declarants and it was signed by Us.

Priest Bąkowski, the administrator of the Piotrawin parish.

The underlined words are: pół piąta roku: which can be understand as a four and a half year (or maybe a four and a half of the year).

Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Henry Soszynski
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: