PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:28 pm      Post subject: Possible Records for Malastow, Gorlice?

The two primary branches of my family, Szkirpan and Adam, were in the Malastow, Poland region from the mid-1700s onwards. I can trace Szkirpans back to the earliest available Greek Catholic church records book from the 1760s but am not finding many Adams that early and can't find any earlier church records easily for the 1700 and 1800s. My family were primarily Greek Catholic and Lemkos from the Galician region. Does anyone have any tips on other church records that might cover these time periods in this area?
HelpTheFamily

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:55 am      Post subject:

Hi,

Malastow was a Greek Catholic Parish.

Here is a Geographical dictionary Refernce of Malastow:

It says in Polish:

Malastów, w& wow. Gorlice, over the stream.
Sekowa, coming from the right. b. to Oil. See Malastka. In a narrow mountain valley, the buildings of the estate stand in a long row over the river, near the goscirc leading & Gorlice
through Konieozno to Hungary.
The écieénia valley from the west is covered with a forest
ska 814 meters above sea level, from the wehoda Ostra mountain 735 meters of insignificant height. The geological structure of this wei was studied by H. Walter and Dr. Duni-Kowaki (Kosmos, 1882) and recognized Magóra Matastowak as an Oligocene,
New Eocene,
430 inhabitants, namely 399 Greek-Catholic and 31 Roman-Catholic; the latter attached to the parish in Selowy. There is a Greek Catholic parish here. with an orthodox church, a brick one, a post office and a one-class folk school. The ground is barren, stony and cold. pos. age, (Wilh, count. Sieminaki-Lewioki) is 19 mr, role and 136 mr. forest; pos, less. 494 mr. role, 115
mr. lake, 481 pastes. and newout. and 116 mr. forest. Equipment parocho gr.-cat. it is assumed to be 191 mr. role in general and 135 zt. addition to the congrua. The parish includes Ropice, Ruska, Petne and adv. Draguazów from the General Lizba 1974
Greek-cat., 40 rzyin,-cat. and 39 Jews.
In 1440, this village was granted by the Magde-
burski and was the property of the Giebuktowekis. Siarczynski (Rkp. Bibl. Ossol. No. 1825) nazy. in the stream Sekowe Malastow and praises it for the abundant catch of petragush. M. graniezy on)
south from Petma, and north from Draguazo-
wem.

You can look at these links for more information of Malastow:

Malastow Vital Records
https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=3934&sid=2ebfc1a7c302180a0959e8ee9ab6ae83#29151

Szkirpans in Malastow, Gorlice
https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=16781&highlight=Malastow

Małastów Wikipedia (in Polish)
https://pl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Małastów
eszkirp

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:04 pm      Post subject: Thank you!

Thank you for your response! I apologize for my delayed reply as your message was lost in my email notifications. This is helpful and I appreciate your assistance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: