PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:17 pm      Post subject: Polish Translation Help

Looking for help with the translation of a birth record for Maciej Garbula Tomaszow Lub. 1823, akt 41. I do not have a scan to attach because szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/ is not available to the US as of this date. I understand that it is available in
Poland. I appreciate the assistance you provide to people like myself who are unable to read the language.

I could also use the translation of a marriage record for Maciej Garbula 1841, akt 80, I believe this to be the same person as above. No scans for this also.

gabby
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:05 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation Help

gabby wrote:
Looking for help with the translation of a birth record for Maciej Garbula Tomaszow Lub. 1823, akt 41. I do not have a scan to attach because szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/ is not available to the US as of this date. I understand that it is available in
Poland. I appreciate the assistance you provide to people like myself who are unable to read the language.

I could also use the translation of a marriage record for Maciej Garbula 1841, akt 80, I believe this to be the same person as above. No scans for this also.

gabby

I am working on it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:37 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation Help

gabby wrote:

gabby

Nr 41

In the year of 1823, on the 4th day of February, at 2 p.m., in front of Us, the parish-priest of Tomaszów, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Tomaszów, located in the county of Tomaszów, in the Lubelskie voivodeship, appeared Krzysztof Garbula, 25 years old, a peasant living in the village of Majdan Górny, and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in his house number 50, on the 3rd day of the current month and year, at 6 p.m., and declared that the child was born to him and his wife, Regina nee Probola, Chrzanowska by her first marriage and Garbula by her second marriage, 37 years old, and that his wish was to give the child the name: Maciej.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Bartłomiej Garbula, 30 years old and Wojciech Herda, 41 years old, both peasants who live in the village of Majdan Górny, this act was read to the present, who were illiterate, and it was signed by Us only.

F. Kwiatkowski, the parish-priest of the Tomaszów Lubelski parish, serving as Civil Registrar.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:37 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation Help

gabby wrote:

gabby

Nr 80

It happened in the town of Tomaszów, on November 21st, 1841, at 12.45 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Jan Fusiarz, 30 years old and Andrzej Typek, 40 years old, both peasants from Majdan Górny, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Maciej Garbula, a single man, 19 years ol, a son of the late Krzysztof and Regina nee Probola, the Garbula spouses, peasants from Majdan Górny, who was born in the village of Majdan Górny and living at his mother's

and

Marianna Dziura, a miss, 20 years old, daughter of Mikołaj and Rozalia nee Osuch, the Dziura spouses, peasants, from Majdan Górny, who was born in the village of Majdan Górny and lives at her parents'.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish of Tomaszów Lubelski, on: the 7th, 14th and 21st day of the current month of the current year.

The groom's mother and the bride's parents, who were present at writing this marriage act, gave their oral permission for this marriage.
There were no objections for this marriage.
The newlyweds did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds anf the witnesses and it was signed by Us only, because the witnesses and the newlyweds were illiterate.

On behalf of the parish-priest: Antoni Bzowski.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: