PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:21 am      Post subject: Birth Record Search Request (Please)

Is there a birth record of Henryk Matys around 1840 to franciszek Matys and Rachel Weber in the catalog link below:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/3047690?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Can someone please help as I can’t read german.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 684

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:31 am      Post subject:

Hi
I checked 1838-1842, and can't see Henryk Matys. There are church records from Bialystok. Are you sure he was born there? Was he an evangelical?
Best regards Barbara
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:16 pm      Post subject:

Here is his Marriage record (detailed)

32. Of the Matys

On 27th of May, 1862, in the Roman Catholic Parish Church of Białystok the Reverend Father Franciszek Sidorowicz, the vicar administrator of the church, after three announcements, of which the first on 13th, the second on 17th and the third on 20th May, before the people who had gathered for the liturgy were made.
[According to the header]: Of Henryk Matys, a young man of the Evangelical Confession[=Evangelic Lutheran=Protestant], aged 22, and the urban commoner Ludwika Matrys[here - ru:Matris], a maiden of 20 years, both parishioners of the parish of the Bialystok parish church, upon a written request for impediments to the marriage made in advance by both parties and upon revealing none, and also upon the mutual consent of both persons, which was manifested by outward signs.
[According to the header]: (I/the officiator wedded and solemnly blessed) the son of Franciszek1 and Rachel, née Weber, the lawful spouses Matys, with the daughter of urban commoners, Jan and Marijanna, née Oślicka, the lawful spouses Matrys[Matris], in the face of the Church and in the presence of the faithful witnesses Ivan[Jan/Johann(es)] Gliter[or Glitter, Glütter, Glühter etc.] and Robert Elert[Ehlert], and many others who were there.

It mentions he was of Evangelical Confession and was part of the Bialystok Parish Church.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:12 am      Post subject:

I found this wedding record. Can speak Russian. Both lived at that time (1862) in Bialystok, but it is not noted where Henryk was born. It is common for weddings to take place in the bride's home parish. This is correct. Ludwika (1838) and her siblings were born in Bialystok, and baptized in Bialystok NMP. Her parents married in Bialystok NMP. But I can't see Henrik's birth in this parish.
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:14 am      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
I found this wedding record. Can speak Russian. Both lived at that time (1862) in Bialystok, but it is not noted where Henryk was born. It is common for weddings to take place in the bride's home parish. This is correct. Ludwika (1838) and her siblings were born in Bialystok, and baptized in Bialystok NMP. Her parents married in Bialystok NMP. But I can't see Henrik's birth in this parish.

If he wasn’t born there, how can I know if I can find his Birth Record?
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:58 am      Post subject:

It is not an easy job. It could be the nearest evangelical parish which is not far away. It is possible that he is registered in another parish in Bialystok. Or the family came from a completely different place. I would start by finding the death record. Often both the place of birth and the parents are given in the record. Start work in Bialystok NMP. Henryk and Ludwika's first child is registered in this parish.
Barbara Smile
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:11 am      Post subject:

Please look at the 4 things:
1. Note that the age from the wedding does not match the reality. Wedding in 1862 - Ludwika was 20 years old. It gives an implied birth around 1842. But she was born in 1838. This is a 4 year difference! This means that she was only 16 when she married Henryk. What about Henrik? Is his age listed correctly?
2. In the wedding record (1862), it says that Henryk's parents were "foreigners". This confirms my theory that they were not from Bialystok.
3. My suspicion is also that it is only Henrik who belongs to the evangelical church. Parish Bialystok NMP is a Catholic church.
4. Baptism could take place long after birth. So it's a good idea to check with margin. Children are entered in church books on the day she/he was baptized - not born.

Barbara Smile
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:01 pm      Post subject:

I was able to find death records on szukajwarchiwach. I can't read Russian so if soemone could be happy to look through the records, I would appreciate it and I will tip their paypal.

(Click the years)
Death Records:

Last edited by HelpTheFamily on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:20 pm      Post subject:

Sorry, I don't live in Poland. Szukaj w Archiwach does not work outside of Poland.

Barbara
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:18 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Sorry, I don't live in Poland. Szukaj w Archiwach does not work outside of Poland.

Barbara

You can download a app called PolishVPN.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:15 am      Post subject:

Have you picked up the death records that are connected to the family? Or are all the deaths connected to those years?

Barbara
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:17 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Have you picked up the death records that are connected to the family? Or are all the deaths connected to those years?

Barbara

Forgot to add after 1882 to 1912

1913 is when his wife died, where she is listed as a widow.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:57 am      Post subject:

It's 40 years! About 700-800 people died each year. I am not able to read all this. Can translate if you have the record ready. Sorry!
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:34 pm      Post subject:

What else do you know about the Matys / Matrys family? Which of Henryk and Ludwika's children are your ancestors? Do you have an account at Myheritage?
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:44 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
What else do you know about the Matys / Matrys family? Which of Henryk and Ludwika's children are your ancestors? Do you have an account at Myheritage?

I am related through Henryk Matys, one of the sons of Them. He amrried felicia Szreder.

I have a photo of both.

Henryk

Felicia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: