PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:36 am      Post subject: Poznan Project - Original Record

I am looking for the image of the original record of the marriage of Traugott Mathes and Rahel Weber in Turek in 1837.

0706105B-66D5-404F-968C-FBDE1126948B.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  301.97 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

0706105B-66D5-404F-968C-FBDE1126948B.jpeg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 655

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:58 am      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project - Original Record

HelpTheFamily wrote:
I am looking for the image of the original record of the marriage of Traugott Mathes and Rahel Weber in Turek in 1837.

Here is the record from the Protestant community in Turek.
Best regards, Barbara

M-Turek 1837.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB

M-Turek 1837.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:39 pm      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project - Original Record

BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Best regards, Barbara

Married: June 13/25, 1837 - two dates in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. In genealogy we use Gregorian (June 25, 1837) - Protestant community Turek

Groom: Traugott Mathes - single, weaver from Turek. Born in Waldau near Görlitz (Prussia). Parents: Henryk Mathes and Anna Rozyna (Anna Rosa) nee Neumann.
Traugott's mother, Anna Rozyna lives in Turek in 1837. Father Henryk died in Waldau before 1837.

Brigde: Rakela (Rachel) Weber - single, from Turek, 21 years old. Born in the village of Oderwitz near Zittau (Saxony). Rachel was an only daughter.
Parents: Gottlieb (Bogumił) Weber and Johanna (Joanna) Krystyna nee Maur, living in Turek. Father was a weaver.

! Landkreis Görlitz is the easternmost district in the German state of Saxony.
! Oderwitz / Zittau is located in the Görlitz area of Saxony.

maps.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.32 KB

maps.jpg

HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:20 pm      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project - Original Record

BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Best regards, Barbara

Could some please tell me where is this Waldau. Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Lucas Kernan
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:35 am      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project - Original Record

HelpTheFamily wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Best regards, Barbara

Best Regards,

Lucas Kernan

Hi,
What do you think about that place?
Wykroty (German: Waldau in der Oberlausitz) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Nowogrodziec, within Bolesławiec County, Lower Silesian Voivodeship.

-Barb

Waldau.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.68 KB

Waldau.jpg

HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:37 am      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project - Original Record

BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Best regards, Barbara

Best Regards,

Lucas Kernan

Hi,
What do you think about that place?
Wykroty (German: Waldau in der Oberlausitz) is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Nowogrodziec, within Bolesławiec County, Lower Silesian Voivodeship.

-Barb

I took a look of the villlage and it seems to have no protestant church and no digital church records, so I should I search for Traugott's Birth Record
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:32 am      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project - Original Record

Previously, Zgorzelec (a Polish town on the German border) was called Görlitz. Possibly it can limit searches.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:54 am      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project - Original Record

I took a look of the villlage and it seems to have no protestant church and no digital church records, so I should I search for Traugott's Birth Record[/quote]

Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Wykroty was formerly evangelical. The local evangelical community included Godzieszów and Wykroty.
-Barb
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:57 am      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project - Original Record

BarbOslo wrote:
I took a look of the villlage and it seems to have no protestant church and no digital church records, so I should I search for Traugott's Birth Record

Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Wykroty was formerly evangelical. The local evangelical community included Godzieszów and Wykroty.
-Barb[/quote]

Ok. I contacted the parish; Let's see if they reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: