PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:24 pm      Post subject: Polish Estate inventories in Galicia mid 1800's

I have come across numerous documents relative to estate inventories in Dubryniow, Stratyn and Pukow - Rohatyn - early 1800's in the szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl website.

I understand the recording of expenses but would appreciate someone illuminating me on how peasants specific to each of the three villages contributed. The attached document seems to define perhaps the amount of land owned and how many hours perhaps had to be contributed to the landowner? One of the folks listed in Dubryniow is my gr gr gr grandfather. The years cover 1834, 1835 and 1836.

Thanks

Tymko Fedun scan 155 out of 222 3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  415.09 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Tymko Fedun scan 155 out of 222 3.jpg

Kmichael8

Replies: 547

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:09 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Estate inventories in Galicia mid 1800's

galicia seeker wrote:
I have come across numerous documents relative to estate inventories in Dubryniow, Stratyn and Pukow - Rohatyn - early 1800's in the szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl website.

I understand the recording of expenses but would appreciate someone illuminating me on how peasants specific to each of the three villages contributed. The attached document seems to define perhaps the amount of land owned and how many hours perhaps had to be contributed to the landowner? One of the folks listed in Dubryniow is my gr gr gr grandfather. The years cover 1834, 1835 and 1836.

Thanks

Gail,

This document is written in German and shows a list of annual contributions. The column headings are hard to read but seem to show a consecutive number in the first column. I’m unsure about the next two columns. The fourth column shows the names of those who had to contribute (“Namen der Contributenten”), followed by the amount of land tax (“Grundsteuer”) and house tax (“Haussteuer”) in “f” for “Taler” and “k” for “Kreuzer” for each year and a total sum of the three years. Please note 1 “Taler” had 60 “Kreuzer”.

There was a lot of mobility, people coming (no entries in the first years) or leaving (no entries in the last years). Most of them had a house – probably a cottage – and a – probably small – piece of land.

Michael
galicia seeker

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:15 pm      Post subject: Polish Estate inventories in Galicia mid 1800's

Michael

Thank you for your response! I am just starting to look into how taxes were collected in the first part of the 19th century in Stratyn, Dubryniow and Pukow.

The document that you commented on was for taxes collected in these three villages. My question will be who benefited? I understand that a nobleman named Ignacy Krasicki owned Stratyn during this period but I will have to research if he owned the other two. There are multiple tax collection documents for the same years - 1834, 1835 and 1836, all listing my gr gr grandfather with different numbers.

I am attaching a couple of these for interest only including the cover pages. I may never get very far in this project unless, miraculously, I can become fluent in Polish - lol!

Thanks again Michael

Gail

Cover page Stratyn 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.08 KB

Cover page Stratyn 1.jpg

Tymko cover .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.07 MB

Tymko cover .jpg

Tymko scan 40.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.84 MB

Tymko scan 40.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: