PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:15 pm      Post subject: St Adalbert Records - post 1915

Hello! my great-grandparents both emigrees from Poland were married in Chicago in 1918, presumably it was at St. Adalbert but the Family search records end in 1915. are there any resources for this? I tried to see if there was a civil marriage license available in the county but that didn't seen to exist either when requesting.
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2793

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:32 pm      Post subject: Re: St Adalbert Records - post 1915

waterbottle wrote:
Hello! my great-grandparents both emigrees from Poland were married in Chicago in 1918, presumably it was at St. Adalbert but the Family search records end in 1915. are there any resources for this? I tried to see if there was a civil marriage license available in the county but that didn't seen to exist either when requesting.

Hi,

The online records for parishes of the Archdiocese of Chicago end with the year 1915 because when Family Search filmed the records the contract with the diocese stipulated 1915 as the cut off date to protect the privacy of individuals who were alive at that time (about35 years ago) St. Adalbert parish closed a few years ago and merged with St. Paul parish. The parish records for St. Adalbert are housed at St. Paul’s. You can contact the parish and request a copy of the marriage record. The contact info follows
ST. PAUL (III-E) 773.847.6100
CHURCH: 22nd Place & Hoyne Ave. FAX: 773.847.6500
RECTORY: 2127 W. 22nd Pl., Chicago, IL 60608-4003
MAILING ADDRESS: 2127 W. 22nd Pl., Chicago, IL 60608-4003
WEB SITE: www.stpaulchgo.org
E-MAIL: [email protected]
PASTOR: Rev. Michael P. Enright, STL
DEACON(S): Juan J. Dominguez, Rodrigo Silva

Civil records are available from the office of the Cook County Clerk. It used to be possible to request copies online but since the pandemic & with a new clerk in office it appears that it is now necessary to contact the clerk’s office directly. Bureau of Vital Records 118 N. Clark St., Room 120
Chicago, IL 60602 Phone (312) 603-7790 Fax (312) 603-4899
Email [email protected]

Wishing you success,

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: