PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:17 am      Post subject: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Looking for additional information on the family of Franciszek Blok.
His parents were Michal Blok and Anna Rzepka, and he was born in 1898 in Bialobrzegi. He married Henryka Juzwik in Warsaw in 1928. I believe that they had a son named Antoni. Franciszek Blok was part of the Polish Military during World War 2 (as per Wikipedia).
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 692

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:45 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Dannyk wrote:
His parents were Michal Blok and Anna Rzepka, and he was born in 1898 in Bialobrzegi. He married Henryka Juzwik in Warsaw in 1928. I believe that they had a son named Antoni. Franciszek Blok was part of the Polish Military during World War 2 (as per Wikipedia).

Hi,
There is some information in his wedding record from 1928. What information are you looking for?

-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:05 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

BarbOslo wrote:
Dannyk wrote:

Hi,
There is some information in his wedding record from 1928. What information are you looking for?

-Barb

Hi,
Franciszek Blok was born on February 16, 1898 in Kosina parish Białobrzegi. He had 5 siblings:
Katarzyna 24.10.1891
Aniela 16.03.1894
Marianna 04.09.1896 - 11.04.1899
Marianna 12.04.1900 - 20.04.1908
Salomea 20.09.1902

-Barb
Dannyk

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:25 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Barb

Thank you for your reply. I already have all of the information regarding Franciszek's brothers and sisters.
FYI - Franciszek's father, Michal Blok, had 2 additional children with his first wife, Anna Wojnar. Stanislaw and Jan Blok.
(The information that I have is all first hand knowledge.)

Stanislaw is my grandfather. Therefore, Franciszek is his half brother, and my grand uncle.

I am trying to find additional information regarding Franciszek's immediate family. On Franciszek's tombstone is also shows Antoni Blok (which I believe to be his son). Don't have any other info on Antoni - like was he married (and to whom) and did he have any children. Obviously Antoni lived in Warsaw, because that is where he was buried.

DannyK
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:50 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Dannyk wrote:
Barb

Thank you for your reply. I already have all of the information regarding Franciszek's brothers and sisters.
FYI - Franciszek's father, Michal Blok, had 2 additional children with his first wife, Anna Wojnar. Stanislaw and Jan Blok.
(The information that I have is all first hand knowledge.)

Stanislaw is my grandfather. Therefore, Franciszek is his half brother, and my grand uncle.

I am trying to find additional information regarding Franciszek's immediate family. On Franciszek's tombstone is also shows Antoni Blok (which I believe to be his son). Don't have any other info on Antoni - like was he married (and to whom) and did he have any children. Obviously Antoni lived in Warsaw, because that is where he was buried.

DannyK

Hi,
Impossible. The children of Franciszek were born after 1928. No church / civil birth documents can be found on line. There is a 100-year limit for these.

-Barb
Dannyk

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:40 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Barb
Thank you

What do you mean when you say "impossible"? Is it that Antoni is probably not Franciszek's son?

I don't speak Polish nor can I read it.

I have attached a picture of Franciszek's tombstone (Brodno Cememtery, Warsaw), for your viewing.

Dan

Krol - Blok - Franciszek & Hedryka Blok Tombstone.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.09 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Krol - Blok - Franciszek & Hedryka Blok Tombstone.PNG

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:17 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Dannyk wrote:
Barb
Thank you

What do you mean when you say "impossible"? Is it that Antoni is probably not Franciszek's son?

I don't speak Polish nor can I read it.

I have attached a picture of Franciszek's tombstone (Brodno Cememtery, Warsaw), for your viewing.

Dan

Hi Dan,
Antoni could be the son of Franciszek. He was born in ab.1946, 18 years after Franciszek and Henryka married. Absolutely possible, but where to look for his birth certificate? There are many churches and the Registry Office in Warsaw.
Nothing is moved to the archives before the birth records are 100 years old. For wedding recorders, the limit is 80 years.
They were buried in Brodno cemetery, there is a high probability that the family lived in the area.
A lot of work, but you have exact dates of birth and death for both Franciszek and Henryka. Any Registry Office (in Poland called USC - Urzad Stanu Cywilnego) can find more.

Best regards,
-Barb
Dannyk

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:34 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Barb
Thank you for your input.

Dan
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:44 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Dannyk wrote:
Barb
Thank you for your input.

Dan

Dan, do you know anything about the parents, grandparents of Franciszek? I know a lot about them.

-Barb
Dannyk

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Barb

I do not know anything about Franciszek's grandparents. I do know that his sister Salomea maried Franciszek Swietoniowski, his sister Katarzyna married Antoni Gorak, and his sister Aniela married Stanislaw Pijanowski is Detroit Michigan on October 20, 1924. Her half brother, Jan Blok was a member of the wedding party. (I remember Aniela from when I was young.) Aniela was the "Maid of Honor" at my grandfather's <Stanislaw>wedding.
I have pictures of Aniela, Stanislaw Pijanowski, Jan Blok, as well as my grandfather.

I would be interested to hear what you know about Franciszek's family, as well as anyone else in and from the Blok family.

Finally, I have attached a picture of Franciszek's father, Michal Blok (who is my great grand father).

Dan

Krol - Blok - Mychal Blok picture 20180218_141940.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.6 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Krol - Blok - Mychal Blok picture 20180218_141940.jpg

Dannyk

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:58 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Barb

Last question: How do you know a lot about Franciszek's parents and grand parents?

Dan
Dannyk

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:49 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Barb

I saw your last message on my phone, regarding Michal Blok marriages etc. when I went to my computer to view your message it was gone.

Can you please copy your message and re send it it to me

Thank you

Dan
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:44 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Dannyk wrote:
Barb

I saw your last message on my phone, regarding Michal Blok marriages etc. when I went to my computer to view your message it was gone.

Can you please copy your message and re send it it to me

Thank you

Dan

Hello,
I found the details of who his parents and grandparents were in Franciszek's birth certificate. Later, I contacted my friend who lives in the Podkarpackie Province. He added the dates that I am posting below.

Michał Blok was born on September 10, 1857. He was the widower of Anna Wojar. He lived in Białobrzegi in house no. 173.
Anna Rzepka was born on April 4, 1864. She lived in Białobrzegi in house no. 158.
They got married on October 11, 1887 in Kosin.

Michal Blok's parents were Martin (Polish Marcin) and Sophia (Polish Zofia) Bosak.
Anna's parents were Michał Rzepka and Catharina (Polish Katarzyna) Marszał.

Michał Blok married Anna Wojnar on February 4, 1879. At that time, he lived in Białobrzegi no. 148. Anna Wojnar was born on April 26, 1857. She lived in Białobrzegi in house no. 173.
Anna's parents were Mateusz Wojnar and Agnieszka Pelc.

Mateusz Wojnar married Agnieszka Pelc on November 27, 1843 in parish Żołynia.
Mateusz’s parents were Józef Wojnar and Katarzyna Stafij.
Agnieszka’s parents were Walenty Stafij and Anna Szajnar.

Hope it's something new for you.
-Barb
Dannyk

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Barb
You are a gift from Heaven. This is great news. Finding information on the BLOK family is extremely difficult. Your name should be "Angel", because that is who you are to me.
I have many questions for you. Can we converse by email?
My email address is [email protected]

Have to go right now. Making dinner.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the new unknown information that you have provided to me.

With my undying gratitude.
Again --- you are my ANGEL.

Dan
Dan
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:41 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for information on Franciszek Blok

Dannyk wrote:
Barb
You are a gift from Heaven. This is great news. Finding information on the BLOK family is extremely difficult. Your name should be "Angel", because that is who you are to me.
I have many questions for you. Can we converse by email?
My email address is [email protected]

Have to go right now. Making dinner.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the new unknown information that you have provided to me.

With my undying gratitude.
Again --- you are my ANGEL.

Dan
Dan

Hi Dan,
My email address is:
[email protected]
Going to work now. We'll talk later.

-Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: