PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:23 pm      Post subject: Looking for info on Jan Trepa and Wiktoria Jabłońska

My grandmother Genowefa Trepa was taken at the age of 14 in about 1938 and sent to work for Germany. We don't have any records other than what she was given later by ITS to find her parents. Her birth is listed in Oscek and Lodz, July 7th 1924. She had three siblings, Wladyslav, Danka, and Helena. I believe her father's middle name is Andrzej.

Jan Trepa was born around 1900. He was executed in 1939 with other police officers during Operation Tannenberg in Lodz. Wiktoria was born in about 1902 and died sometime in the 1960's.

I've requested more information from ITS and the Arolsen Archives. They were all Roman Catholic, I just have no idea where they lived prior to Lodz or what their parish was.

Are there are resources I can try? Any information would be helpful in sorting out the pre-war history of my family.

Dziękuję!

001-5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.21 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

001-5.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 706

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:41 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for info on Jan Trepa and Wiktoria Jabłońska

mwigle wrote:
My grandmother Genowefa Trepa was taken at the age of 14 in about 1938 and sent to work for Germany. We don't have any records other than what she was given later by ITS to find her parents. Her birth is listed in Oscek and Lodz, July 7th 1924. She had three siblings, Wladyslav, Danka, and Helena. I believe her father's middle name is Andrzej.

Jan Trepa was born around 1900. He was executed in 1939 with other police officers during Operation Tannenberg in Lodz. Wiktoria was born in about 1902 and died sometime in the 1960's.

I've requested more information from ITS and the Arolsen Archives. They were all Roman Catholic, I just have no idea where they lived prior to Lodz or what their parish was.

Are there are resources I can try? Any information would be helpful in sorting out the pre-war history of my family.

Dziękuję!

Hello,
I think the place where Genowefa was born is called Osiek not Oscek.
Osiek is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Kocierzew Południowy, within Łowicz County, Łódź Voivodeship, in central Poland.[1] It lies approximately 6 kilometres (4 mi) north-west of Kocierzew Południowy, 17 km (11 mi) north of Łowicz, and 63 km (39 mi) north-east of the regional capital Łódź.
In the parish of Łowicz, I found in the death register Stanisław Trepa, the son of Jan Trepa and Wiktoria Jabłońska. The child died aged 11 months in 1929.
Regards,
-Barb

D-Trepa Stanislaw, 1928.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.02 KB

D-Trepa Stanislaw, 1928.jpg

Osiek-Lowicz-Lodz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.35 KB

Osiek-Lowicz-Lodz.jpg

mwigle

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:12 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for info on Jan Trepa and Wiktoria Jabłońska

BarbOslo wrote:

Hello,
Osiek is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Kocierzew Południowy, within Łowicz County, Łódź Voivodeship, in central Poland.[1] It lies approximately 6 kilometres (4 mi) north-west of Kocierzew Południowy, 17 km (11 mi) north of Łowicz, and 63 km (39 mi) north-east of the regional capital Łódź.
In the parish of Łowicz, I found in the death register Stanisław Trepa, the son of Jan Trepa and Wiktoria Jabłońska. The child died aged 11 months in 1929.
Regards,
-Barb

Thank you! That's a very helpful start as we can now focus on a parish and diocese to search records How did you learn that he was 11 months old?

UPDATE: Wictoria Jabłońska died in 1993, not in the 60's. I would imagine it would be easier to find her death certificate. My grandmother Genowefa died in 1993 a few months after her.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 706

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:33 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for info on Jan Trepa and Wiktoria Jabłońska

mwigle wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:

Hello,
Regards,
-Barb

Thank you! That's a very helpful start as we can now focus on a parish and diocese to search records How did you learn that he was 11 months old?

UPDATE: Wictoria Jabłońska died in 1993, not in the 60's. I would imagine it would be easier to find her death certificate. My grandmother Genowefa died in 1993 a few months after her.

Hi,

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=D&w=05ld&rid=2002&search_lastname=trepa&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1929&to_date=1929

Take the arrow on i.
-Barb

Trepa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.29 KB

Trepa.jpg

mwigle

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for info on Jan Trepa and Wiktoria Jabłońska

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi,

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=D&w=05ld&rid=2002&search_lastname=trepa&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1929&to_date=1929

Take the arrow on i.
-Barb

Ah! I had to turn off a security feature in my browser to get that info to appear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: