PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 18

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:03 pm      Post subject: Adam Günter / Christina Niethammer

my wife's great-great-great grandparents are:
Mr. Adam Günter, born 1784 in Rojewo (Liszkowo) powiat Inowrocław. He died about 1829.
Mrs. Christina Niethammer, born 1787 in Dąbrowa (Mierucin) powiat Mogilno. She died 1831 in Torún (Rudak)

All localities are in the voivodship Kujawsko-Pomorskie.

Does anyone here know the couple and have information or documents relating to their marriage?

Kind regards
Torsten Seemann[/list]
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 709

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:17 pm      Post subject: Re: Adam Günter / Christina Niethammer

Hi Torsten,
Do you have any information on when and where the couple's children were born?

Regards,
-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:51 pm      Post subject:

I found information about the children.
TorSee

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:44 am      Post subject:

Hi Barb,
the children of the couple are:
Martin Friedrich Günther (my wife's great-great grandfather), born 1814
and according to my information the following siblings:
Adam (*1810),
Anna Catharina (*1816),
Jacob David (*1819),
Johann (*1821),
Christian (*1824),
August (*1827).
I have a birth document of Martin.
All children are born in Rudak a part of the city of Toruń.

Kind regards
Torsten
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:06 am      Post subject: Re: Adam Günter / Christina Niethammer

TorSee wrote:
my wife's great-great-great grandparents are:
Mr. Adam Günter, born 1784 in Rojewo (Liszkowo) powiat Inowrocław. He died about 1829.
Mrs. Christina Niethammer, born 1787 in Dąbrowa (Mierucin) powiat Mogilno. She died 1831 in Torún (Rudak)

All localities are in the voivodship Kujawsko-Pomorskie.

Does anyone here know the couple and have information or documents relating to their marriage?

Kind regards
Torsten Seemann[/list]

Hi Torsten,
I have been looking for some connections and am missing a common thread. Can you attach the birth and death record for Christina?
-Barb
TorSee

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:39 am      Post subject:

Hi Barb,
attached you find the birth entry of Christina. The parents named there are Jacobo Nitmar (= Jacob Niethammer) and Agatha Heli (Hölle). Birth date is 23th and baptism date is the 25th August 1787.
Christina is also mentioned in her son's birth entry. There she is called Christina Nittnagel, 25 years old. I attach this document too.

Torsten

1814 Geburt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1814 Geburt.jpg

1787 Geburt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB

1787 Geburt.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:48 am      Post subject:

TorSee wrote:
Hi Barb,
attached you find the birth entry of Christina. The parents named there are Jacobo Nitmar (= Jacob Niethammer) and Agatha Heli (Hölle). Birth date is 23th and baptism date is the 25th August 1787.
Christina is also mentioned in her son's birth entry. There she is called Christina Nittnagel, 25 years old. I attach this document too.

Torsten

Hi
Which parish does Christina's birth record come from?
-Barb
TorSee

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:41 am      Post subject:

It is from
Parlin catholic church book, film #008018190 - image #431
-> https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSX8-Q9N9-Z?cat=1040248
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:42 am      Post subject:

Hello,
On FamilySearch, the family of Christina Niethammer has been posted for many generations. I am surprised that Christina was born in Mierucin (Mogilno), but her father Johann Jacob and all his ancestors come from Vöhringen, Sulz, Württemberg, Germany.
The distance between the places is approximately 1000 km. Christina was born in 1787 and I have never seen people move so far from the place they were born at that time.
I am looking for the death records of Christina and her husband Adam. You say that Christina died in 1831, and Adam in about 1829. The surnames of both sound German, and I would think they belong to the Evangelical Church. In the wedding record of the eldest of the children (from October 11, 1846) there is an annotation that the father is dead, while the mother is still alive.
I think the wedding record you are looking for can be found either in Mierucin where Christina was born, or in Stawki / Rudak where the children were born. I have access to something from Rudak, but not weddings.

Regards,
-Barb

M-Günter Adam, 1846.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.48 MB

M-Günter Adam, 1846.jpg

TorSee

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:46 am      Post subject:

Hi Barb,
In fact, J.J. Niethammer (and also his wife Agathe) emigrated from Württemberg to Poland around 1780. At that time, he lived there in the Prussian administrative district of Bydgoszcz (german: „Bromberg“). The family lived as Germans in the area between Poznań and Warsaw for several generations, even when the area became part of Poland again. But after the Second World War my wife's grandparents had to flee to Germany. Part of the family finally ended up back in Württemberg. However, the origin of their ancestors from Württemberg was also surprising for my mother-in-law's family and unknown until then.
Re the death of Christina Niethammer: There is an entry in the church book of Toruń in 1831, according to which she died of "nervous fever" (typhus) at the age of 48 (44 would probably be correct). By the time of the marriage of the eldest son, on the other hand, she would already be 59 years old. Hence I suspect that when the son was married, it was forgotten to mark her as already deceased.

Regards
Torsten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: