PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:23 pm      Post subject: Matlosz Family

I am trying to determine the names of my grandfather, Jan Matlosz's, parents. He was born 2 Oct 1984, in Godowa. I researched this site (https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/) for the Podcarpackie region, and could only find his name and year of birth, and parish, Strzyzow. Unfortunately, his parents' names were not listed in that database. Can anyone assist in my search?
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:18 am      Post subject:

Tom,

Records for Godowa are still kept locally in the old parish Strzyzow, as well as in Godowa (younger records).

The only possibility to do research for Godowa records is to get to the parish offices and convince the priest to allow access to the records.

If you want such an assistance please fill out the research request form: https://polishorigins.com/research-request . Based on the information you provide and your goals we will check where to look and if the current priests in those parishes are willing to cooperate.

Best,

Zenon
Send e-mail
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 692

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:23 am      Post subject: Re: Matlosz Family

Tom Matlosz wrote:
I am trying to determine the names of my grandfather, Jan Matlosz's, parents. He was born 2 Oct 1984, in Godowa. I researched this site (https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/) for the Podcarpackie region, and could only find his name and year of birth, and parish, Strzyzow. Unfortunately, his parents' names were not listed in that database. Can anyone assist in my search?

Hello,
Yesterday I sent a question to the man who indexed this parish. Will write back if I get a reply.
Regards,
-Barb
Tom Matlosz

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:12 am      Post subject: Re: Matlosz Family

Tom Matlosz wrote:

Attached is my paternal grandmother's Baptimal Certificate from Godowa. If my grandfather's baptismal record with similar information could be found that would be awesome.

Caroline Zwiercan Baptismal Cert.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.52 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Description:
 Filesize:  1.52 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1028

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:20 am      Post subject: Re: Matlosz Family

Tom Matlosz wrote:
Tom Matlosz wrote:

Attached is my paternal grandmother's Baptimal Certificate from Godowa. If my grandfather's baptismal record with similar information could be found that would be awesome.

Hi Tom,
The image you posted is of a document prepared in 1950, documenting what is in the church records for your grandmother's birth/baptism in 1886. She must have requested it from the church.
The original record of her baptism/birth would have been in a book held in the church in Godowa. If that is where your grandfather's baptism was performed, then his record would similarly be in a church book.
Some churches are very open about sharing their records. Many have allowed them to be scanned and the images placed online for all to see. Other churches take a different approach. When Zenon says that the only option for research in Godowa is to approach the church and ask, then I believe him. He is a professional genealogist and does this work all the time. I would definitely recommend that you follow his advice and ask Polish Origins to pursue the conversation with the parish, unless of course Barb is able to get additional info from the indexer.
For your grandmother's record, have you been able to fully translate it, or do you need assitance with some part of it?
Best of luck in your search,
Sophia
Tom Matlosz

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:53 am      Post subject: Re: Matlosz Family

Sophia wrote:
Tom Matlosz wrote:
Tom Matlosz wrote:

Hi Tom,
The image you posted is of a document prepared in 1950, documenting what is in the church records for your grandmother's birth/baptism in 1886. She must have requested it from the church.
The original record of her baptism/birth would have been in a book held in the church in Godowa. If that is where your grandfather's baptism was performed, then his record would similarly be in a church book.
Some churches are very open about sharing their records. Many have allowed them to be scanned and the images placed online for all to see. Other churches take a different approach. When Zenon says that the only option for research in Godowa is to approach the church and ask, then I believe him. He is a professional genealogist and does this work all the time. I would definitely recommend that you follow his advice and ask Polish Origins to pursue the conversation with the parish, unless of course Barb is able to get additional info from the indexer.
For your grandmother's record, have you been able to fully translate it, or do you need assitance with some part of it?
Best of luck in your search,
Sophia

Google translate works well enough for me to understand the contents of the document.
Dziękuję bardzo.

Tom Matlosz

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:37 am      Post subject:

It seems I've reached a dead end.
Tom Matlosz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: