PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:22 pm      Post subject: Need help getting a birt certificate for my aunts

Hello,
My aunt in Massachusetts is in need of a birth certificate in order to renew her gov ID and my other aunt in Florida who wants one for her records. Both were born in Huta Stepanska in the 1930s. That area is no longer part of Poland but now part of Ukraine. I visited Poland in September of last year and I was recommended to visit the Polish Archive of New Records office in Warsaw (Archiwa Panstowoe). I spoke to the workers there and they said if they were born in Huta Stepanska they would be able to find them. I also was sent a website (https://wolynskie.pl/miejsca-h/huta_stepanska-03.html) and they are listed on this website as are my grandparents (line 153). The aunts in question are Jane (Janina) and Sophie (Zofia). I sent this information to the archive office as well. However, after a few months I got an email back from them saying they could not help me and that I would need to reach out to the Civil Registration Office (https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/).

I attached this email and reached out to that office and explained everything in detail again and they responded with sorry we cannot help you those records are lost due to the church being burned down and any archives they have do not have their names listed.

I am at a loss, my aunt in Massachusetts cannot get her ID renewed they are requiring 2 other forms of ID which is crazy she’s lived in the same house since probably the 1950s and never had an issue until a few years ago when her drivers license expired. She cannot vote because of this and it’s making her really upset. My other aunt in FL does not have any issue her drivers license is up to date and she has an up to date passport so she’s good to go however she wants a birth certificate for her own records. Does anyone here have any idea who I might be able to reach out to for help on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: