PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:16 am      Post subject: Michal Greim's photgraphs - the exibition in Krakow

Mary Anne: Thank you very much for your remarks and compliments. It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoy the photos.

I am near the end of the catalog unfortunately, but I already have some new ideas from the history of Polish photography to show you in September.

And today I'm continuing with Michał Greim:

Untitled picture, 2nd half of the 19th c., albumen print

Another copy is known, annotated, in the author's hand: "Drang nach Osten! A Prussian Kulturtrager and his family rest on their journey to the Podolia colony".

Text from: Wojciech Nowicki, A dim light. The photographs of Michał Greim (1828-1911), Krakow 2013

DSC01614.JPG
 Description:
Untitled, 2nd half of the 19th c., albumen print
 Filesize:  138.76 KB
 Viewed:  4825 Time(s)

DSC01614.JPG

Visit poster's website
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:12 am      Post subject: Michal Greim's photographs - the exibition in Krakow

"A Ruthenian from the Prut river basin", 1870s-1880s, albumen print

DSC01623.JPG
 Description:
"A Ruthenian from the Prut river basin", 1870s-1880s, albumen print
 Filesize:  128.04 KB

DSC01623.JPG

Visit poster's website
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:20 am      Post subject: Michal Greim's photographs - the exibition in Krakow

Today I'm posting for you the last picture from Michał Greim's exhibition catalog. I hope that you liked it.

I have already some more ideas to show you the history of Polish photography - I will start in September, as tomorrow I am leaving for my Summer holidays.

Greetings,

Aga

"A Jew from Podolia (The First Sitter of my beloved but prematurely departed son Jaś", 1874, albumen print

DSC01622.JPG
 Description:
"A Jew from Podolia (The First Sitter of my beloved but prematurely departed son Jaś", 1874, albumen print
 Filesize:  127.87 KB

DSC01622.JPG

Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: