PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:52 pm      Post subject: Wilinski from Sompolno, Racięcice / Raciecice, and Chicago

Frank Wilinski - 15 Nov 1894 - lived in Sompolno, Racięcice / Raciecice / Raciecin / Racince, and Chicago

I am researching my grandfather Frank Wilinski who was born in Poland.

Frank was born 15 Nov 1894 and from his WWI registration card was born unable to read city (?kolo), Poland but on his Intent of Declaration states his birth city was Sempolno, Russia.

The Naturalization index card states he was born in Russia/Poland on 15 Nov 1894 and arrived in the US 14 Nov 1912.
I found an arrival record dated 14 Nov 1912 on the ship "Barbarossa" and his residence was stated as Racince. His contact at home was his father Wojciech Wilinski in the same village. He was traveling with Wladyshavwa Kazmierska and her 6 year old son Mieczyslaw Kazmierska. Their contact in America was Cieslaw Kazimierski at 1233 Jefferson St, Gary Indiana. Cieslaw is listed as Wladyshavwa's husband and brother-in-law of Frank Wilinski.

Frank settled in Chicago and lived there until he died. I would like to know more about the name Wilinski and talk with other people in the villages of Racięcice, Raciecice, Racince, Raciecin, or Raciecice

Any information regarding my grandfather would be greatly appreciated.

passenger list.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.12 KB
 Viewed:  4151 Time(s)

passenger list.jpg

WWI registration card.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.38 KB

WWI registration card.jpg

naturalization intent.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.23 KB
 Viewed:  19455 Time(s)

naturalization intent.jpg

record_image franciszek wilinski naturalization.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.08 KB

record_image franciszek wilinski naturalization.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1742

Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:13 am      Post subject: Re: Wilinski from Sompolno, Racięcice / Raciecice, and Chica

mhardee wrote:
Frank Wilinski - 15 Nov 1894 - lived in Sompolno, Racięcice / Raciecice / Raciecin / Racince, and Chicago

I am researching my grandfather Frank Wilinski who was born in Poland.

Frank was born 15 Nov 1894 and from his WWI registration card was born unable to read city (?kolo), Poland but on his Intent of Declaration states his birth city was Sempolno, Russia.

The Naturalization index card states he was born in Russia/Poland on 15 Nov 1894 and arrived in the US 14 Nov 1912.
I found an arrival record dated 14 Nov 1912 on the ship "Barbarossa" and his residence was stated as Racince. His contact at home was his father Wojciech Wilinski in the same village. He was traveling with Wladyshavwa Kazmierska and her 6 year old son Mieczyslaw Kazmierska. Their contact in America was Cieslaw Kazimierski at 1233 Jefferson St, Gary Indiana. Cieslaw is listed as Wladyshavwa's husband and brother-in-law of Frank Wilinski.

Frank settled in Chicago and lived there until he died. I would like to know more about the name Wilinski and talk with other people in the villages of Racięcice, Raciecice, Racince, Raciecin, or Raciecice

Any information regarding my grandfather would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

In addition to what Shellie has informed you, I have found out (in Poznan Project) a couple named
Wojciech Wiliński and Jozefa Zawacka, getting married in 1879 (record #7).
Wojciech's parents were Tomasz Wiliński and Ludwika Czerwiński
Jozefa's parents were Jakub Zawacki and Marianna Jaroński.
The best part is that they married in Dęby Szlacheckie, a place located just 5 miles East of Racięcice.
Link to the scanned marriage record, in russian_
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/742/0/4.1/72/skan/full/4iuotMLWhzt0JtMmHTe6lA

So far, no birth record online for Deby Szlacheckie in 1894.
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/742/0/1.1#tabJednostki

Same for Raciecice:
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/pradziad/41774?q=raciecice&wynik=4&rpp=15&page=1

Two boys and two girls in polish social network Nasza Klasa in Sompolno. However, since the surname is pretty common it is hard to say, at this point, if your ancestors and theirs were related.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Shellie

Replies: 975

Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 pm      Post subject:

I started a thread for this village Raciecice.
http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=2033&sid=805560fd1dc75bca2c327d2e65f48af4
mhardee

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:42 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Gilberto for this information.
Mary
TadWysocki

Replies: 70

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:32 am      Post subject:

Dear Mary,
Here is the analysis of the Wilinski in the local area with Polish old white pages (CDs):
In this Raciecice (nowadays 401 inhabitants): no family Wilinski, but as many Polish families in all the 20th century they maybe left a village, and moved to the nearest local town looking for better life and educational chances for their children, so, let's check few around:
In NE we have Lubstow: no Wilinski's
in SE we have Kolo, and have there:
Halina Wilinska
Marianna Wilinska
Wanda Wilinska
Artur Wilinski
Erwin Wilinski
In SW we have Konin, and there we have:
Mariola Wilinska
Stanislaw Wilinski
Wieslaw Wilinski
Zdzislaw Wilinski
In NW we have Kleczew: no Wilinski's
And in North we have Sompolno, and have there with the family Wilinski:
Ireneusz Wilinski
==
Generally, the nearest place would be Sompolno, as also in the 19th century (Slownik Geograficzny 1880-1902) your family Raciecice belonged to gmina (community) Sompolno, and this was also a parish for Raciecice Kolonia, for main Raciecice the main parish was Lubstowek.
==
But! After seeing info from my best friend Gilberto, I've checked your Raciecice with Jozefa's surname Zawacki, and a miracle!, two families Zawadzki (Zawacki is given phonetically) are still living there:
Kazimierz Zawadzki, Raciecice, Pooland
Slawomir Zawadzki, Raciecice, Poland
==
Mary, I can call them and ask their postal addresses, do you want to post them a letter with your query, could you attach any old picture of your Frank, just to give them a chance to recognise the family, if not, maybe they could tell you something about Wilinski's from the village, in my many-years experience in this kind of search I see Poles in the villages as very open, and helpful, and the neighbours know the history of the neighboured family even after many years.
Tad
mhardee

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 pm      Post subject:

Tad,
This is so incredible. You have already found information for me. I found the earliest picture I have of my grandfather Frank which was taken in 1942 in Chicago.
I did not understand your request. Will I be contacting these people or will you be contacting them? Also, will the contact be through mail or email?

Greatfully,
Mary

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.64 KB

image.jpg

TadWysocki

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:40 am      Post subject:

Mary,
Thanks for sharing your Gpa Frank-Franciszek Wilinski's picture! It would be a big joy for me to start for you, as a Shellie's friend, contacting family Wilinski in Poland. First of all I will contact Wilinski's in Sompolno, as I see from your message, I can presume, your Gpa Frank Wilinski's POB would be Sompolno[town or parish], and his last residence before leaving Europe would be Raciecice (the home of his parents/grandparents?) - the same I met in many cases in my many years help to other American families looking for their roots and relatives in Poland. I can presume the family of your Frank was the Sompolno townspeople. In the meantime you are kindly invited to visit your family ancestral lands in Poland, here are some images from your Sompolno province, enjoy first virtual tour to Poland: http://mapa.nocowanie.pl/sompolno/zdjecia/
Your, Tadeusz "Tad" Wysocki
TadWysocki

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:18 am      Post subject:

Mary,
Here is the first search report, in last 2 days I've contacted few families in the Raciecice asking them about any Wilinski's from this Raciecice, and very sorry, nowbody remembers them, so, we are sure the family left this Raciecice in the 20th century. Also very kind Soltys - village mayor confirmed me that nowbody from Wilinski's is living there, but he told me second very important information, one family Wilinski is living in the Jazwiny part of Sompolno, so, I'm trying now to contact this family. Wish me luck.
Tadeusz "Tad" Wysocki
http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=2045&sid=1edf26af32898d96e5a8059cc5776ef1
mhardee

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:28 am      Post subject:

This is so exciting......I wish you the best!
Thank you,
Mary
TadWysocki

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:20 am      Post subject:

The next 2 days of search: after yesterday calls, today morning I had a long phonetalk to Mr. Kazimierz Wilinski and his wife, living in the Jazwiny (not found on map, today this is part of village Koszary) located just on the border with your Frank's family Raciecice, these very kind old, open, and cordial Wilinski's knowing almost all local families told me they are three Wilinski's in the area:
1. Their family is originated from Police, located just on the border with Sompolno.
2. The another family Wilinski is living in Ploszewo, just on the border of Police.
3. Mrs. Malgorzata Wilinska is working in Urzad Gminy Sompolno.
As they cannot remind in fast so long past, I promised to post them, and family Wilinski's in Ploszewo, together with Mrs. Malgorzata Wilinska, the letters with your query, and picture of your Gpa Frank. I'm sending the letters today, but I cannot grant the positive results, as your info is very limited, but who knows...
We must wait few days, maybe few months, if somebody from family in Poland would find any relation. The problem of Polish families would be same as you have, they don't have the family tree going to so long past. In every letters I gave also address to this forum, maybe somebody from Wilinski's from Poland will contact us directly.
=
Generally, I've also checked the invaluable Posen Project database giving the index of marriages from the Wielkopolska - Greater Poland area from the 19th century, and you are lucky and our Gil is right, this database confirms few Wilinski's records, including two Wojciech Wilinski (the name of your GGFather):
1. Parish Lubstow, year 1881, record 14, marriage Wojciech Wilinski (23 years old) with Emilia Ast (23), the parents of Wojciech were Jan Wilinski and Zofia Wilinska nee family Lewandowski, the parents of Emilia were Andrzej Ast, and Ludwika Topfer
2. Parish deby Szlacheckie, year 1879, record 7, marriage Wojciech Wilinski (20) with Jozefa Zawacka (Zawadzka as other spelling) (22), the father of Wojciech was Tomasz Wilinski, the parents of Jozefa were Jakub Zawacki and Marrianna Zawacka nee family Jaronski.
They are also few marriages more including family members surnamed Wilinski, from nearly located parishes Lubstow, Lubstowek, and Deby Szlacheckie, where the family Wilinski's cradle might be located from the 19th and earlier centuries.
The source is this Posen Project given on the website: http://poznan-project.psnc.pl/?lang=pl
This would be your homework in future to note all the Wilinski's from this database, and crossing data with your future finds.
I must tell you also, after seeing your message giving the info that your Gpa Frank Wilinski immigrated on the same ship with cousins Wladyslawa Kazimierska and her son Mieczyslaw Kazimierski, from this database I've found out the marriage record connecting family Wilinski's and Kazimierski's from the area:
3. Parish Lubstow, year 1846, record 9, marriage Andrzej Kazimierski and Malgorzata Wilinska, the parents of Andrzej were Jan Kazimierski and Katarzyna Kazimierska, the parents of Malgorzata were Maciej Wilinski and Katarzyna Wilinska.
=
The last point for today would be to tell you which parish was of your Wilinski's from the Sompolno area, and as with many cases we have the problem, historical sources tell the RC parish for the Raciecice was Lubstowek, but my analysis and experience tell this would be also Lubstow, Deby Szlacheckie and/or Sompolno. Please look on this webpage, from Raciecice to Lubstowek in North is abt 4 km, to Lubstow in SW is only 3,2 km, to Deby Szlacheckie in East is 8 km, and to Sompolno in North is abt 8 km, all are in "walking distance" search theory important in every family roots search, all can be the pariches/churches of your ancestors from Poland, please follow all these local roads and touch the family ancestral lands, you have zoom + and i - to see more:
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=pl&lat=52.357571&lon=18.494110&z=12&m=h
Happy virtual tour to your old country Poland, and happy weekend to you in States,
Tadeusz "Tad" Wysocki
Warsaw, Poland
Shellie

Replies: 975

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:31 pm      Post subject:

Hi Tad,
Thank you so much for helping my friend Mary with your 10 point offer!

Your excellent knowledge and genealogy resources are such a treasure! From the information you posted here, the name Emilia Ast from Lubstow caught my eye. On Frank Wilinski's death certificate, his mother is listed as Emily Ott. Since there are many clues, but few facts to go on, I think it would be interesting to look further into Wojeciech Wilinski and Emilia Ast.

Mary,
I looked at the link that Tad provided and searched for Emila Ast. The website states: The original record for this marriage is held in the National Archive in Konin, Poland. You can write for its photocopy or digital copy to the address provided below. Further genealogical research is also offered there.

Archiwum Panstwowe w Poznaniu - Oddział w Koninie
Ul. 3 Maja 78
62-500 Konin
POLAND

WWW: http://www.poznan.ap.gov.pl/oddzialy.htm
E-mail: [email protected]

Does anyone know if Lubstow church records are on LDS microfilm?

Have a wonderful weekend dear friends!

Shellie

Wilinski - Ast Marriage.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.71 KB

Wilinski - Ast Marriage.png

TadWysocki

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:44 am      Post subject:

Hi Mary and Shellie,

Shellie, thanks for so kind words, really, it's so big joy for me to help others in discovering the family homelands, "the most valuable family memory treasure on the planet", I wish I had more time in next months to help all every day.

Mary, he is the next report: I've just sent this morning 3 letters to these 3 family Wilinski's in the Sompolno area, as I said, we must wait now few days, maybe few months, giving them time do make their "homework".

Now, after very important note given by Shellie, we could estimate the family parish was Lubstow! (and not Lubstowek stated in Slownik...), so, the family records would be in:

Parish Lubstow on-place - they have from 1854, here is the info from our PTG KZM: http://parafie.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pr&pid=4483

Polish State Archive: AP Poznan, and O/Konin

Some of them are now as open on-line: http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/780/0#tabZespol

LDS with microfilms, they copied books and have microfilms from years 1808-1884!: https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/printing/titledetailsprint.asp?titleno=294492

Mary, for today the next cordial gift from Poland, here is the image of your family Wilinski's possible ancestral church, where their rich family religious life was focused on in the 19th century, and where your Gpa Frank Wilinski was baptized in one of the family Wlinski's happy day of November of the year 1894:

http://www.eholiday.pl/info-lubstow-23838-zdjecie-10759.html

Very cordially,

Tad
mhardee

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:13 pm      Post subject:

Tad,
That you for the information you gave me on Monday, September 9th. I have access to my computer again and I will be looking at the information you gave me tonight.
Have a great week!
Mary
Annie

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:21 pm      Post subject: Wolinski Family from Lubstow

We are an Australian family linked to the Wolinski/Wielinski/Wilinski family under discussion.
My husbands great grandfather was Wojciech Wolinski born 1871 Konin area died Poznan 6 August 1935. He married Elzbieta Ratuszny from the Gniezno area and the family lived in this area for many years. We would love some help with the background of this family.

Line of descent:
Pawel Wielinski born about 1775 m Marianna.
Son of Pawel and Marianna:
Karol Wielinski born 1801 Lubstow married Konstancja Hospiejewski - name spelling varies on records.
Sons of Karol and Konstancja:
1. Jan Wilenski born 1824 married Zofia Lewandowska - their son Wojciech Piotr Wilinski born 1858 married Emilia Ast in 1881 - parents of Frank under discussion
2. Valentinus or Walenty Wielinski born 1832 married Marianna Piskorzowna - parents of Wojciech Wolinski who married Elzbieta Ratuszna and our ancestor.
We would love to know the correct spelling of WOLINSKI and any information that has been discovered about this family from your previous research. Any help greatly appreciated. It has taken us many years to unearth my mother in laws family as she was taken by the Germans and removed to a slave labour camp in 1942 and never saw any of her family again. We have found relations in Warsaw and Gneizno and had a wonderful visit to Poland to meet them in 2008.
Regards
Annie in QLD Australia

Last edited by Annie on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: