PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:19 pm      Post subject: Piasecka

Looking for my grandmother, three times removed. Her name was Brauer Piasecka, who had a married daughter by the name of Lieb Gurgold. The family was from Makowo. I do not think Brauer ever emmigrated but Lieb did in 1912. Lieb was married to Sam (Shmuel) Gurgold. Brauer's name appeears on Lieb's immigration papers. I have no idea of who Brauer's husband was or if Brauer had siblings. Help would be appreciated. Lieb changed her name to Lillian after she arrived.
dlsaunders

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:04 pm      Post subject:

I am researching the Katnik (Kutnyik), Spunar (Szpunar) and Panek families that resided in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in the early 1900's. I have discovered that Walter Panek, and his wife Amelia V are buried in the All Saints Cemetery in Braddock, Pennsylvania under the name of Spunar on the Panek/Spunar monument. There is also a Walenty Spunar buried on the same monument, and he is the uncle of one of my Katniks. Walter Panek adopted Thelma Katnik, grandaughter of Tekla Szpunar when her parents died and is listed as a lodger on 1910 and 1920 Andrew Katnik census forms. Does anyone know what the relationship between the Paneks and Spunars is and why Walter and his wife Amelia are buried under the name Spunar with the Paneks and not under their name of Panek? I keep thinking that Walter Panek and Walenty Spunar may be brothers but I cannot find any records to link them together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: