PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 70

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:50 am      Post subject:

Sheille,

I owe you two next information from my following search:

1. If the GC parish of your GGGGGMa Maria Mazylak [1776-1844] was proposed by me Tomaszow Lubelski, then, according to Polish archival system "Pradziad", the GC records from this GC parish are accesible from 1689, including the births of the year 1776 - the Polish local state archive is AP Lublin. Please ask your Polish friend searcher to contact this archive asking birth record from ABT 1776, they will make it for free, or ask small fee for their kwerenda, if they find the record they will ask few zlotys for xerocopy or scan.

2. Maybe you saw this Polish website and blog of Polish Monika Rebizant-Siwilo, who is trying to collect and preserve the family mementos and memoirs of the family Rebizant from your Rebizanty, like you are trying same in the U.S. = http://rebizantsiwilo.blogspot.com/p/rebizant.html
We can see on this webpage the memoirs of Jan Rebizant from this Rebizanty, born in Rebizanty in 1923, his parents were Eliasz Rebizant and Maria Rebizant nee family Tepilo [aka Tepylo] from this Rebizanty [you can add new names to your family tree on the left bottom]. The few sentences there are wonderful and very moving, telling about three sisters Rebizant emigrated to America:

"Mój dziadek ze wsi Rebizanty wyjechał w 1901 roku do Kanady. Później ściągnął tam swoją siostrę. Ojciec mi tłumaczył, że najpierw do Kanady pojechał Kudyba z Huty, kolega dziadka, który pisał do niego listy. Dziadek postanowił też wyjechać. Sprzedał wtedy pół łąki, żeby wyjechać. Do Kanady jechali trzy tygodnie. Trzy ciotki stąd pojechały. Jedna miała 14 lat, jak pojechała i widziała jak tu było i jak tam. Jak byłem w Kanadzie w 1983 roku, to ona jeszcze żyła. Mówiła, że gdyby nie ta woda, to by z powrotem na piechotę przyszli. Tam było tak, że jak zajechali, to puszcza była, pustynia bez ludzi. Do miasta to trzy dni jechali, po naftę i sól. A pola, to było ile kto chciał, ale to wszystko krzaki. Jak ktoś sobie wykarczował to miał, żeby jakieś ziemniaki posadzić. Jednego roku tak zdobyli kartofle i posadzili, to mieli co jeść, bo na początku, jak przyjechali, była bieda straszna, nic nie było."

My fast translation:

My grandfather from the village Rebizanty emigrated in 1901 to Canada. Later, he took there his sister. My father explained me that the first who emigrated to Canada was Kudyba from Huta, the friend of my grandfater, to whom he sent letters. My grandfather decied to emigrate as well. He sold then a half of meadow, to have money for it. They traveled to Canada three weeks. Also 3 unties emigrated from here. One was 14 y old, and when she arrived she knew how was here and there. I was in Canada in 1983, and she was still alive. She said that if not this big water, they would go back home by walk. It was so, after they arrived, the forest was around, the desert without people. They traveled to the town three days, for oil and salt. And the fields were as much as somebody would like to have, but bushes only. If anybody wanted to reclaim them, he could plant the potatoes. One year they had potatoes, and planted it, so they had food, because at the beginnig when they arrived the poverty was terrible, it was nothing.

With no comments. Happy weekend, Your, Tad
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:07 am      Post subject:

Thank you Tad for all that you have done. I will follow the clues that you have so generously given to me. I do know Monika. Not only is she preserving her family history, she is also an author with 2 fiction novels. Sadly they are in Polish, so I have not yet read them. When I traveled to Poland in 2011, I met the Jan Rebizant who you describe above. Theodore Rebizant and Maria Mazylak were his great-great grandparents! His family in Rebizanty and in Canada are now dear friends to me.

Even though I am further along in my genealogy work, I've found your expertise very helpful to me. It shows that we are never too far along to learn from the basics. This is truly a gift you have given to me Tad! Thank you.

Happy day to you Tad!
Shellie
TadWysocki

Replies: 70

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:37 am      Post subject:

Your joy is my joy dear Shellie, I see your many years incredible efforts to preserve Polish family roots, DZIEKUJE!
Tad
JPKonopka

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:20 am      Post subject: Czarnowski Family Radzilow please help

Hi, I am searching for any information on the Czarnowski family from Radzilow. My family has spent months searching for other siblings to no avail, and we do not speak Polish so the research is very slow. My great grandmother Marya Czarnowski b: 1887, her brother Konstanty b:1875-1881, and his cousin Pavel b:1885 all came to the US between 1905 through 1910. We have those records and documents. Marya and Konstanty's parents are listed as Stanislaw Czarnowski and Ewa Chylinsa, we are not sure of the year of their marriage, listed in the Radzilow records with that name is a marriage in 1860, but that seems too early and there is a record of two births from that couple in 1863 Jozef and 1865 Walerya. We have never heard those names before. That would make them much older when they had Marya and Konstanty if it is the correct marriage. I am searching to see if Stanislaw Czarnowski and Ewa Chylinska had more children than Konstanty and Marya, if so I need the names. We are searching for a family connection with those who were left behind in Warsaw many years ago. We don't know the family relation now that everyone has passed away.

Also, Pavel's parents were Casimir Czarnowski and Etolia Koslowski. Casimir was a brother to Stanislaw and they also had another brother Czeslaw who was hurt in a farming accident at the families farm. My family needs to know how many brothers or sisters Casimir, Stanislaw and Czeslaw had and their names if possible. I would also like the parents names of Casimir. We are told that Casimir's father, or grandfather was a Judge.

Thank you for taking the time to read this my email is [email protected]

S Konopka
Bielec in Bydlowa

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:35 pm      Post subject: Searching for family of Zygmunt Bielec

Hello everyone! I am new to this site so hopefully complete this request out as required:
My grandfather Zygmunt Bielec was born in Bydlowa Swietokryskie Poland on July 3, 1902. He had two brothers I know of one named Walter who immigrated to Florida, USA. The other brother immigrated to New York, USA. I have my grandfather's passport and Canadian immigration card from his traveling to Canada in 1928 on the Minnedosa Ship. He landed in Quebec ON will a colony going to Saskatchewan ON then somehow made it to Ontario ON where he spent his life there raising my family. On the ship's records it is stated he had a wife in Bydlow named Tekla Bielec and Olenica, distr Stopnica listed. He also wrote his marital status on the documents as M (for Married so he had planned on having her come I guess however not sure if that happened. My grandfather married my grandmother Clara, in Ontario Canada so not sure what happened to Tekla. I tracked a Tekla who was born in Poland named Tekla Bielec and travelled to New York and married a man named Zygmunt so this may not be her.
His Polish passport lists he was in the military in 1924. The passport shows parents however it is very hard to read. These are some suggestions of his parents names: "Basminery" "Baruuiers" "Ryollsnie" "Ryollamic"??? The first letter of father looks like a G however is similarly written as the "B" on Bielec so I was trying B names. Should I post up an attachment picture of the hand written names on his passport?
I am looking for ancesters in Poland. Smile

Thank you for any help or direction for my search.

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:01 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for family of Zygmunt Bielec

Bielec in Bydlowa wrote:
Hello everyone! I am new to this site so hopefully complete this request out as required:
My grandfather Zygmunt Bielec was born in Bydlowa Swietokryskie Poland on July 3, 1902. He had two brothers I know of one named Walter who immigrated to Florida, USA. The other brother immigrated to New York, USA. I have my grandfather's passport and Canadian immigration card from his traveling to Canada in 1928 on the Minnedosa Ship. He landed in Quebec ON will a colony going to Saskatchewan ON then somehow made it to Ontario ON where he spent his life there raising my family. On the ship's records it is stated he had a wife in Bydlow named Tekla Bielec and Olenica, distr Stopnica listed. He also wrote his marital status on the documents as M (for Married so he had planned on having her come I guess however not sure if that happened. My grandfather married my grandmother Clara, in Ontario Canada so not sure what happened to Tekla. I tracked a Tekla who was born in Poland named Tekla Bielec and travelled to New York and married a man named Zygmunt so this may not be her.
His Polish passport lists he was in the military in 1924. The passport shows parents however it is very hard to read. These are some suggestions of his parents names: "Basminery" "Baruuiers" "Ryollsnie" "Ryollamic"??? The first letter of father looks like a G however is similarly written as the "B" on Bielec so I was trying B names. Should I post up an attachment picture of the hand written names on his passport?
I am looking for ancesters in Poland. Smile

Thank you for any help or direction for my search.

Hi,

The correct orthography of your villages in Świętokrzyskie:

Bydłowa,+Poland/Oleśnica,+Poland/Stopnica,+Poland/

We had here on PO records for Bielec family from Dynów,+Poland, in Podkarpackie.

All above is on today Google maps,
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bydłowa,+Poland/Oleśnica,+Poland/Stopnica,+Poland/Dynów,+Poland/

The record of your grandfather Zygmunt Bielec is in Oleśnica, and I guess that his brothers Bielec are on that page too:

http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&rid=B&search_lastname=Bielec&exac=&from_date=&to_date=&w=13sk&lang=pol&bdm=B&rpp1=50&ordertable=[[0,%22asc%22],[1,%22asc%22],[2,%22asc%22]]&searchtable=&rpp2=50

I selected Oleśnica, and attach B M and D for all Bielec.

Please post handwritten document!

Best,
Elzbieta

NB. ADDING hypothesis about your "Walter Bielec", brother of your grandfather Zygmunt.
1. His given name at birth was Władysław - this Polish name is the most tricky to transcript to English, Ladislas is a possibility, but you change the first letter - very often Władysław became Walter (the first 2 letters of Władysław: w in English spells like ł in Polish).
2. Władysław and Jan were TWINS - two records, 94 and 95.
1896 94 Jan Bielec Oleśnica Oleśnica [Uwagi: Oleśnica k/Pacanowa] [Indeks dodał: Wojciech_Liśkiewicz]
1896 95 Władysław Bielec Oleśnica Oleśnica [Uwagi: Oleśnica k/Pacanowa] [Indeks dodał: Wojciech_Liśkiewicz]
3. Little Jan passed in 1897 (there are two Jan on the death records list, my guess is this one)
1897 43 Jan Bielec Oleśnica Oleśnica [Indeks dodał: Wojciech_Liśkiewicz]

==

Bielec-Olesnica-Death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.63 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Bielec-Olesnica-Death.jpg

Bielec-Olesnica-Marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.47 KB

Bielec-Olesnica-Marriage.jpg

Bielec-Olesnica-Birth.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.28 KB

Bielec-Olesnica-Birth.jpg

Bielec in Bydlowa

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:45 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Elzbieta! Wow. The brother who went to New York was called "Petre" so perhaps Petre is Jan who was not the twin. This all is so amazing as there are no relatives for me to find this information however I thought I would reach out to cousins in USA. This is even better Smile I have attached two written pages with my Grandpa's parents name.

IMG_2022.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  122.94 KB

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.71 KB

IMG_2021.JPG

Bielec in Bydlowa

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 pm      Post subject: Walter Bielec

I am sure this is my grandpa's brother. He lived in Ontario for a bit then moved to Florida. I have a picture of my grandpa and his brother Walter standing in suits and long over coats and hats supposedly while waiting for the ship but my grandpa came over to Canada after Walter did and on different ships. On Walter's ship documents he indicated "Myrna" as his mother so then I wondered if this is the correct person?

007793490_00462.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  805.2 KB

007793490_00462.jpg

Bielec in Bydlowa

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:18 pm      Post subject: Kazimierz Bielec and Marianna Pyzik

When I guess these two were my great grandparents, I found both names on ships coming to New York USA however Kazimierz came over at 1907 and Marianna came over at 1910 and brought 3 children with her (Isabella, Leon and Oussa?) Maybe they are listed on my grandfather's papers as aunt and uncle for contact not parents? I also looked up the other names on the marriage. Nothing ties in.
Bielec in Bydlowa

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:33 pm      Post subject: Closer pic of names Bielec

this is a closer picture of the names on my grandfather's document/passport

IMG_2052.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.04 KB

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.05 KB

IMG_2051.JPG

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:07 am      Post subject:

Bielec in Bydlowa wrote:
Thank you Elzbieta! Wow. The brother who went to New York was called "Petre" so perhaps Petre is Jan who was not the twin. This all is so amazing as there are no relatives for me to find this information however I thought I would reach out to cousins in USA. This is even better Smile I have attached two written pages with my Grandpa's parents name.

“Grandpa’s parents names” – explicit is better: it is a document of Zygmunt Bielec. This document is a military booklet.

Left side:
Born 3.VII.1902, in Bydłowa // 3 July 1902
Gmina: Olesnica, Powiat: Stopnica
Wojewodztwo: Kieleckie Wyznanie: Rzym-K // voievodship Kielce, Roman Catholic
Jezyk macierzysty: polski // mother tongue: Polish
Imiona rodzicow: Kazimierz Marja // Marja = old orthography of Maria (orthography reform in 1936)
Miejsce zamieszkania: Bydłowa
Bottom: In case of accident, person to contact: Kazimierz Bielec, wies Bydłowa, gm. Olesnica, pow. Stopnica

Right side:
Zawod cywilny: rolnik // occupation: farmer
Residence when drafted: Bydłowa, gmina Olesnica, pow. Stopnica
Bottom: Pozniejsze zmiany – subsequent changes: Biechów, gmina Wójca (today Wójcza), pow. Stopnica

==

Cluster-villages-Bydlowa-Olesnica-Biechow-Wojcza-Stopnica.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.51 KB

Cluster-villages-Bydlowa-Olesnica-Biechow-Wojcza-Stopnica.JPG

Military-document-Zygmunt-Bielec-born-1902-Bydlowa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  280.36 KB

Military-document-Zygmunt-Bielec-born-1902-Bydlowa.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:12 am      Post subject: Re: Walter Bielec

Bielec in Bydlowa wrote:
I am sure this is my grandpa's brother. He lived in Ontario for a bit then moved to Florida. I have a picture of my grandpa and his brother Walter standing in suits and long over coats and hats supposedly while waiting for the ship but my grandpa came over to Canada after Walter did and on different ships. On Walter's ship documents he indicated "Myrna" as his mother so then I wondered if this is the correct person?

Yes, Walter (Wladyslaw) - as on this document, is your grandpa's brother.

The name is not Myrna, but Marja -- see military booklet of your grandpa. Marja - always spelled Maria, "j" is a long "i", like "ee" in English, writes Maria since the reform of Polish orthography in 1936.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:58 am      Post subject: Re: Kazimierz Bielec and Marianna Pyzik

Bielec in Bydlowa wrote:
When I guess these two were my great grandparents, I found both names on ships coming to New York USA however Kazimierz came over at 1907 and Marianna came over at 1910 and brought 3 children with her (Isabella, Leon and Oussa?) Maybe they are listed on my grandfather's papers as aunt and uncle for contact not parents? I also looked up the other names on the marriage. Nothing ties in.

That is interesting. You must learn reading Geneteka!

On this MARRIAGES page:
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=13sk&rid=3157&search_lastname=Bielec&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=
You have:
1880 35 Kazimierz Bielec Marianna Pyzik Oleśnica [ Miejscowość: Oleśnica] [Indeks dodał: Wojciech_Liśkiewicz]
You shall know that in old books the name Maria was recorded Marianna (Maria being considered reserved to the Virgin Mary).
It is possible that the above Kazimierz and Maria(nna) are parents of your grandpa Zygmunt, and dozen of other children as you can see on BIRTH page:
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=13sk&rid=3099&search_lastname=Bielec&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=
Some of that children died young, as you can see on the DEATH page:
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=D&w=13sk&rid=3179&search_lastname=Bielec&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=

Trying to recover the family of Kazimierz Bielec and Marianna Pyzik, married in 1880. Assuming they were both circa 20 y old, therefore both born circa 1860. And that you win the lottery.
Was Zygmunt the last child?

NOTE1:
"Maybe they are listed on my grandfather's papers as aunt and uncle for contact not parents?"
On the military dokument in the bottom, it is just contact, in case of accident the person to inform. But this person is the same name as father on the top. Please note on the right side, that the adress did change at some moment, it is Biechów gmina Wójca/Wójcza - no more parents in Bydlowa? because everyone left to the USA?

NOTE2:
The Excel file made of BMD records from Olesnica for Bielec, let me imagigine the following HYPOTHESIS:

Two brothers Bielec, Jan and Kazimierz, get married in 1879 and 1880 - it could be that Marianna Bielec who married in 1880 to Maciej Drzazga is their sister - that is the generation born circa 1860.

The above two brothers, Jan and Kazimierz, had a number of children, and both emigrated to the USA. The family solidarity was important for everyone, it could be that nephews and children were traveling to the USA with aunt or mother (uncle or father), whoever was available. The same for taking care of family in Bydlowa - whoever was awailable, was taking care of children and nephews.

It might be possible you check on your cousins side the names of their GGfather and GGmother (Jan and Franciszka?)?

NOTE3:
In Geneteka there is a number of Bielec from other villages, most of them from Beszowa, circa 2 miles pedestrian south of Bydlowa.

Best,
Elzbieta

Bielec-Olesnica-tree.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bielec-Olesnica-tree.pdf
 Filesize:  43.2 KB
 Downloaded:  436 Time(s)

Bielec in Bydlowa

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:31 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta, thank you again. Yes I believe my grandfather was the youngest and with the information you found and my further research I have found a little more. With the war at that time, I am thankful for any of these records Smile Are there any records that would show Jan and Kazimierz's parents' names?
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:37 pm      Post subject:

Bielec in Bydlowa wrote:
Elzbieta, thank you again. Yes I believe my grandfather was the youngest and with the information you found and my further research I have found a little more. With the war at that time, I am thankful for any of these records Smile Are there any records that would show Jan and Kazimierz's parents' names?

I am happy you found more!

I thought yes, there are records with Jan and Kazimierz's parents' names - but then wanted to check more, and I do not know. Found following note searching in Geneteka forum, which translates to "Russian liberators put fire to the church in 1945, and books were burnt"
"niema ksiąg metrykalnych z Oleśnicy koło Połańca, bo nimi na ognisku w 1945 roku w styczniu ogrzewali sobie nóżki ruscy oswobodziciele. Są chyba na Famili Search od 1875 roku, byłem tam osobiście w tej parafii i tak opowiadał ksiądz proboszcz ; pozdrawiam - Julian"

The person who saw parish documents, or, as far as I understood on the Geneteka forum, the additional documents, so called alegatas, and made indexes for Oleśnica is shown:
[ Miejscowość: Oleśnica] [Indeks dodał: Wojciech_Liśkiewicz]
Parish Oleśnica: http://parafie.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pr&pid=5745

The list of persons doing indexes in Geneteka is here:
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/autorzy.php?op=authors&lang=pol
Wojciech_Liśkiewicz in number 5 on the list, with enormous number of records.

How to contact him - I do not know. Would he accept to search in alegatas - no idea. In that part of Poland it is probably in Cyrillic Russian, so even for Poles reading Russian it is slower that reading Polish.

Sorry, this time not much optimism.

Best,
Elzbieta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page 3 of 4

Jump to: