PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Ciotuszynski; Busa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:45 am      Post subject:

Ciot wrote:
Would you be able to help with the spelling of Jana's name or even be able to translate the Baptism record for me from Polish to English?? It appears that the name changed from Buchalski to Buza/Buze in Poland around 1849.

Rita,

If you have the record in a picture file upload it here. I (or maybe someone else) will try to help you.
Send e-mail
Ciot

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:12 pm      Post subject: Buse/Buza/Buchalski

Zenon....thank you for helping with this transaction......

Rita

1849 - Felix0001.jpg
 Description:
Baptism record of Felix Buse/Buchalski
 Filesize:  998.23 KB
 Viewed:  3692 Time(s)

1849 - Felix0001.jpg

Zenon

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:46 am      Post subject:

Translation of the baptism record:

---
No. 47
Słońsk

It happened in the town of Raciążek on April 19, 1849 at noon. Jan Buze, age 36, farmer from Słońsk, in presence of Szymon Buze, age 30, and Szymon Romanowski, age 42, both farmers from Wołuszewo, showed us a male child declaring that it was born in Słońsk in house no. 30 on day 16th current month and year at 2 P.M. declaring that it is begot by him and Rozalia nee Modrzejewska, age 32, his wife, both farmers, Catholics. To the child, on the baptism ceremony held today, was given name Felix and its godparents was mentioned Szymon Buchalski and Marianna Buchalska. The certificate was read for the father of the child and witnesses signed only by us. Father and witnesses are illiterate.
Father Jan K..... (?)

Side note: Correction of surname to actual (?) Jan.....
---end of translation

I am not sure for 100 per cent about the surname's last letter "e". I am sure that the first three letters are Buz. HOWEVER I have checked Buze surname deployment in Poland and.... there are 208 people bearing this name and the most (54) live in Aleksandrow Kujawski seat of the county where Słońsk and Raciążek belong to Exclamation Look at the map here: http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/buze.html .

There is also inconsistency in witness/godfather surname. His surname at the beginning, where he is mentioned as a witness, is changed into Buze, later, when he is mention as the godfather his surname is Buchalski.
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:39 am      Post subject:

Ciot wrote:

Zenon.....can you get documents on the Ciotuszynski family?? Some Ciotuszynski's were in Bydgoszcz; Inowroclaw; and Woluszewo. My greatgrandfather was born in Poland in 1852 coming to America in 1888 thru Hamburg, Germany and Harve, France. He was born as Stanislaus Ciotuszynski. He married Julianne Buza born 1862 and came to America with children Stanley age 9, Marianne age 2, Michaline age 8 and Victoria age 6 months from Woluszewo, Poland.

Thank you for any help; you sure was a big help before.

Best Regards,
Rita Ciot (Ciotuszynski)

Rita,

Together with James we came back from Włocławek and Toruń area last week. Among other things, we visited Włocławek Archives (you can read more and see a few pictures from James' Forefathers' Traces Tour on our blog here: http://blog.polishorigins.com/ ). In one of the days James generously agreed for me to look quickly through the books from Raciążek parish in search of your ancestors from Wołuszewo as well as visit Wołuszewo village and take a few pictures for you Exclamation

There was a gap in the records from Raciążek parish for years 1849-1854 so most probably period when your great grandfather Stanisław Ciotuszyński was born. I was able to look through books for years 1875 - 1888 (to the year of emigration of your ancestors).

In the book from 1878 I found marriage certificate of your Great Grandparents Stanisław Ciotuszyński and Julianna Buze Exclamation What is also important in the next years there were no records of any children of them in the books from Raciążek parish. It most probably means that after marriage in 1878 they moved to another village or town outside of the Raciążek parish before emigrating to the New World. I will write you more details from the marriage record in e-mail.

And here: http://travel.webshots.com/album/572347531PEQwWD you can watch pictures of today's Wołuszewo Smile
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Page 3 of 3

Jump to: