PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:09 pm      Post subject: Researching in Lithuania

Looking for some insight on researching in Lithuania. My 3x great grandparents (Dranginis/Majauskas) were from Prienai, Lithuania. They came to USA in 1908. I have the complete family traced in the USA. Now trying to find more family info in Lithuania. I have contacted the Lithuania state archive and have found some records. My main question is I would like to find a more local researcher around the Prienai area to focus my research on this family and some other families around the Prienai area. Could anyone point me in the right direction of finding a local researcher? Or if anyone has some other ideas of research that would help also.

Thank you for the help,
Michael Wisniewski
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm      Post subject:

Michael,

If you've not used the links on the website of the Federation of East European Family History Societies (feefhs.org) it may be worth checking out. On the home page clicking on Lithuania will take you to a page with a fairly good number of resources for research in Lithuania. There is a researcher in Lithuania listed on one of the Lithuania pages.

Wishing you success in your search,

Dave
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:03 pm      Post subject:

Michael,

On Epaveldas site (Lithuanian Virtual Electronic Heritage System), you can search by name.
I looked up and found several Dranginis and several Majauskas.
As far as I recall, for one given man name, the feminine version differs by suffix.

Best,
Elzbieta

http://www.epaveldas.lt/tezauro-paieska

EDITED:
http://www.epaveldas.lt/en/tezauro-paieska in English

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
trishsa2
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 110

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:13 am      Post subject: Lithuanian researcher

Michael, I have sent you a personal email with the name of a Lithuanian researcher. Trishsa : )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: