PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:26 pm      Post subject:

1/2pint wrote:
Once you get the town information, we can help you with how & where to obtain Polish family records.
Smile
Joyce

I was wondering if I could take you up on this offer. I am researching my family tree. My mother's maiden name was Pryszcz. I have been able to craft a fairly large family tree structure from US records, such as you mention above, as well as some 1st hand accounts.

My mother's father, he emigrated in 1906, and his family are from Rajcza, Galicy

My mother's mother is from Rycerka, Galicy

What I am most interested in knowing is who the parents (and grandparents) were of the following people.

SIBLINGS
Lorenz Pryszcz, b. 6/27/1882, emig: 1/19/1906, from: Rajcza, Galicy
Michal Pryszcz, b. 8/12/1886, emig: 8/20/1913, from: Rajcza, Galicy

COUSIN OF ABOVE SIBLINGS
Ludwik Pustelnik, b. 1877, emig: 2/4/1902, from: Rajcza, Galicy

SIBLINGS
Franciszek Rylko, b. ~1884, emig: 4/18/1914, from: Rajcza, Galicy
Rozalia Rylko, b. ~1887, emig: 7/5/1905, from: Rajcza, Galicy
Wojciech Rylko, b. ~1889, emig: 8/5/1913, from: Rajcza, Galicy
Josef Rylko, b. ~1891, emig: 12/9/1909, from: Rajcza, Galicy
Witka Rylko, b. ~1892, emig: 2/14/1910, from: Rajcza, Galicy

If you could help me in any way get closer to these answers it would be greatly appreciated.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:53 am      Post subject:

Welcome to the Forum Islay,

I checked that Rajcza since 1844 was a sit of parish. Before it belonged to Milówka parish. Rycerka since 1844 also belonged to Rajcza parish. Unfortunately, records from this region (Żywiec, Beskid Żywiecki) are still usually stored locally in parish churches. Most probably the same case is here, because there are no records from Rajcza in State Archives.

There is a chance that the books are in Bishops archives in Krakow, but they are closed for months because of renovation works... I have no idea when they finish.

The only way to find and get the records is first and foremost to make sure that the records from the years you are interested in are really in local church in Rajcza. Then either:

- write a request letter to parish priest for finding the records (there is a risk not getting any answer), or

- hire someone to go there and try to find the records (he or she has to have permission from priest), or

- visit your forefathers village personally Smile .
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: