PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:59 pm      Post subject: Help me discover my roots - Dziuba

Hello,

I am interested in trying to find my Polish roots. I have done quite a bit of research but I still do not know which part of Poland my family originated from. I know that my Great Great Grandfather entered the United States in 1913. His name was John Dziuba. His parents were Frank Dziuba and Mary Municza both of Poland. His wife was Mary Gron (sometimes I see it as Marya) and they married on November 4, 1913 in Cayuga County New York. I would like to find out what ship he came in on and what part of Poland our family lived in. John and Mary’s children as of 1930:

Rosalia Dziuba 15
Helen Dziuba 13
Joseph Dziuba 11
Martha Dziuba 10
Stanley Dziuba 8
Janina Dziuba 5

1915.png
 Description:
1915 Census
 Filesize:  68.19 KB
 Viewed:  701 Time(s)

1915.png

Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 963

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:34 pm      Post subject:

Hi Erin,
Your grandfather married quickly after his arrival - did he know his bride when he lived in Poland - maybe they were from the same village? You have the date of the marriage, were you able to view the church record?

I found your GG-grandfather in the 1920 census under the name Zuba or Juba. You probably already have it, but I've attached it just in case. See line 35.

Dzuba, John 1920.jpg
 Description:
1930 census - Rochester, NY.
Click to enlarge image
 Filesize:  1.03 MB

Dzuba, John 1920.jpg

Erin Dziuba

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:13 pm      Post subject:

Hi!

I am not actually sure if they met in Poland. I couldn't find any information on Jan (John's) parents from poland either. Any search for Frank Dziuba and Mary Municza came up empty. I have a lot more on Marya Gron:

Marya Gron Daughter of John Gron and Mary
Barczyk both of Poland, born 1888, immigrated 1909. Per Ellis Island, came of the ship SS Pennsylvania on Dec 31, 1909 from Hamburg Germany and had been living in Sacz, Austria prior to immigration and was Polish and Austrian.

But I still have no town information and can't find any information on remaining documents.

Thanks for looking!
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1541

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:39 pm      Post subject:

Erin Dziuba wrote:
Hi!

Marya Gron Daughter of John Gron and Mary
Barczyk both of Poland, born 1888, immigrated 1909. Per Ellis Island, came of the ship SS Pennsylvania on Dec 31, 1909 from Hamburg Germany and had been living in Sacz, Austria prior to immigration and was Polish and Austrian.

But I still have no town information and can't find any information on remaining documents.

Thanks for looking!

Hi, Erin

I had seen this arrival but left it aside because father's name did not match. It seems to be Stanislaw. Also, could not identifiy her birth place (K.....kowo?)

Gilberto

father.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.89 KB

father.JPG

place.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.41 KB

place.JPG

Send e-mail
Iurii

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:40 am      Post subject: Re: Help me discover my roots - Dziuba

Erin Dziuba wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in trying to find my Polish roots. I have done quite a bit of research but I still do not know which part of Poland my family originated from. I know that my Great Great Grandfather entered the United States in 1913. His name was John Dziuba. His parents were Frank Dziuba and Mary Municza both of Poland. His wife was Mary Gron (sometimes I see it as Marya) and they married on November 4, 1913 in Cayuga County New York. I would like to find out what ship he came in on and what part of Poland our family lived in. John and Mary’s children as of 1930:

Rosalia Dziuba 15
Helen Dziuba 13
Joseph Dziuba 11
Martha Dziuba 10
Stanley Dziuba 8
Janina Dziuba 5

Hello, Erin!

I think you should look up some information about surname Dziuba here (http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/settlements/PL_wetlina_poland.htm), by the way, my great-grandmother was Eva Dziuba from Wetlina.

Please, contact me.
joepolish1

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 pm      Post subject: Dzuiba

Hi Erin
I'm new to doing this research but stumbled on your name. My sister Marianne Plesniak married a Stanley Dzuiba somewhere around 1950 in Perth Amboy, New Jersey. He came from somewhere in Poland after WW11, probably 1947 or 8. He was captured by the Germans and was held somewhere in Poland and managed to get away. He died quite a few years ago(probaly30) but left a son Stanley and a daughter Jacquiline. Stanley lives near Ocala, Florida and Jacquiline is still in New Jersey but plans to move to Florida in a about a year
I don't know if this is any help but it seemed interesting.
Joe Plesniak
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: