PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:07 pm      Post subject: Old Russian & Polish Translation

Seeking help with three translations, two Old Russian, one in Polish The scans and information are from Lubin before they shutdown. Hope these are good to read.
Old Russian record 135, Page 215 or 265, 208 of 250, 1913 death record of Jan Garbula. Son? of Maciej & Marianka (Jonic) husband of Anastazja ??
Old Russian record 72, 16 of 107, 1858 birth record of Anastasia Romanczuk.
Polish record or Russian 27, page 492, 247 of 431, 1852 birth record of Marianna Garbula. Daughter of Maciej and Marianka(Jonic) ??

Screenshot (105).png
 Description:
Birth record of Marianna Garbula 1852, 27, page 492, 247 of 431. Daughter? of Maciej & Marianka (Jonic)?? Grandparents?
 Filesize:  1.2 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot (105).png

Screenshot (45).png
 Description:
Birth record of Anastasja Romanczuk 1858, record 72, 16 of 107. grandparfents?
 Filesize:  815.31 KB

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (91).png
 Description:
Record 135, page 215 or 265, 208 of 250, 1913 death record of Jan Garbula. possible? son of Maciej & Marianka(Jonic), husband of Anastazja??
 Filesize:  1.17 MB

Screenshot (91).png

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:46 am      Post subject: Re: Old Russian & Polish Translation

gabby wrote:
Seeking help with three translations, two Old Russian, one in Polish The scans and information are from Lubin before they shutdown. Hope these are good to read.
Old Russian record 135, Page 215 or 265, 208 of 250, 1913 death record of Jan Garbula. Son? of Maciej & Marianka (Jonic) husband of Anastazja ??
Polish record or Russian 27, page 492, 247 of 431, 1852 birth record of Marianna Garbula. Daughter of Maciej and Marianka(Jonic) ??

Hi Gabby,
It's great that you have these screen shots, since the szukajwarchiwach website is still down. When it does come back up, I'm sure you know that you can obtain easier-to-read images of the scans, but I will just mention it here for whoever else reads this. You can use the "scan link" or "download" options (they show up on each of your three images, on the right-hand side) and add that to your translation request.
Your death record for Jan Garbula is in Russian, as you said, but both Anastazja's birth and Marianna's birth are in Polish. In Marianna's birth record, I see her mother's name as Maryanna Dziura (or Dziur, you have to know how to work backwards from the phrase "z Dziurow" which someone fluent in Polish will know but which often trips me up), whereas you are expecting the surname to be Jonic. Is Jonic a spelling which you saw in an index or in a Polish document, or is it a name that has come down through your family?
Best regards,
Sophia
gabby

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:03 pm      Post subject: Old Russian & Polish Translation

Hi Sophi,
Thank you as usual for your help and directions in using scans and the information sometimes contained in them. First of all, I was not familiar with using "scan link or download options" to obtain better quality to read scans, no background in doing these things I just went with the easy screenshot's method. I have not checked to see if POF has any tutorials that shows how to use things for improved posting. (I am an 87 year old, no geek, prior purchasing agent, with no children who learned about computers and what they can do back in 1985. Social media was never my interest, so I really have limited computer and program knowledge and no young people to help.)
From you comment concerning the Marianna birth record, I believe it must belong to another Marianna Garbula because I have info from Marcel that my great grandparent are Maciej & Marianna (Joniec) NR 31, and I thought that this was maybe her birth record. The translation I have of their marriage record (Old Russian) states English "Janusz", but I have gone with the Joniec. In searching the archives from 1820 to 1895 for Garbula's in Tomaszow Lubelski, I found 116 birth, 52 marriages, and 74 deaths so there are a lot of records to look at, and I wish I could read the Polish, but, my father had a hard time learning English when he came to the US, so he thought it more important that his children learn English and did not teach us any Polish other than a few words. I am sure that I will find the Dziura connection seeing how I recall seeing that name before along with a Katarzyna Dziurawa.

Thank you as usual,
Gabby
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 656

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:24 am      Post subject: Hjelp

Hi Gabby,
I sent you PM yesterday. Reply to email if you are interested.

Barb
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Old Russian & Polish Translation

gabby wrote:

I am working on it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:29 am      Post subject: Re: Old Russian & Polish Translation

gabby wrote:

Nr 27

It happened in the town of Tomaszów, on January 29th, 1852, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Maciej Garbula, a peasant living in the village of Majdan Gómo [currently the name of the village is Majdan Góny}, 30 years old, in the presence of Wojciech Dziura, 33 years old and Michał Słoboda, 21 years old, both farmers from Majdan Gómo and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in Majdan Gómo on the 29th day of the current month and year, at 8 a.m., to his wife, Marianna nee Dziura, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Marianna, and the godparents were: the aforementioned Wojciech Dziura and Barbara Srutwa.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by Us only, because they were illiterate.

Kwiatkowski, the parish-priest.

Nr 72
The village of Wieprzowe Jezioro

It happened in the town of Tomaszów, on March 6th, 1858, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Jan Romańczuk, a single man from Wieprzowe Jezioro, 40 years old and Józef Borowicz, 33 years old, both peasants from Wieprzowe Jezioro and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in Wieprzowe Jezioro, on the 4th day of the current month and year, at 6 p.m., to his wife, Anna nee Duć, 36 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Anastazja and the godparents were: Józef Tryndoch and Anastazja Zezula.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by Us, because they were illiterate.

The parish-priest, Kwiatkowski.

Majdan Górny
Jan Garbula

It happened in the town of Tomaszów, on October 7th/20th, 1913, at 10 a.m.'Appeared Michał Garbula, 36 years old and Andrzej Sidor, 58 years old, farmers living in the village of Majdan Górny and they declared that on the 18th day of October of the current year, at 3 p.m., died in the village of Majdan Górny: Jan Garbula, 53 years old, a farmer, married, who waa born and lived in the village of Majdan Górny, son of Wojciech and Marianna nee Stybel, the Garbula legal spouses. He was survived by his wife, Katarzyna nee Sidor.
After convinced myself about the death of Jan Garbula this act was read to the illiterate declarants and it was signed by Us only.

Signature olf the administrator priest.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: