PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:38 am      Post subject: Population Registry 1870-1931

I am unable to find ANY of my relatives in this registry. I've used the search on E-kartoteka without success.

And it's not just one of my families I am looking for; there are four families, still nothing. I believe they must be in this population registry somewhere because they were alive; and if so, there would be great ancestral information within it. They were living in Mogilno, Ludzisko, and Klecko/Lopienno. Am I wrong? Are only some of the files digitized or indexed?

At one point I even went through a lot of the scanned images on szuka for a last name beginning with a letter and still nothing.

Thanks for any input
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 655

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:43 pm      Post subject:

Write some more. Which years are you looking for. Name associated with it.
Barbara
[email protected]
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:58 am      Post subject: Re: Population Registry 1870-1931

a4u2fear wrote:
I am unable to find ANY of my relatives in this registry. I've used the search on E-kartoteka without success.

And it's not just one of my families I am looking for; there are four families, still nothing. I believe they must be in this population registry somewhere because they were alive; and if so, there would be great ancestral information within it. They were living in Mogilno, Ludzisko, and Klecko/Lopienno. Am I wrong? Are only some of the files digitized or indexed?

At one point I even went through a lot of the scanned images on szuka for a last name beginning with a letter and still nothing.

Thanks for any input

Hi Andrew,

Your family members are not found on E-kartoteka because the names found on that site were those individuals who lived in the city of Poznań, not in the whole of what was known during the 19th Century after 1848 as the Province of Posen (German: Provinz Posen; Polish: Prowincja Poznańska). Prior to 1848 it was known as the Grand Duchy of Posen (German: Großherzogtum Posen; Polish: Wielkie Księstwo Poznańskie). The Polish Genealogical Society has a sub-site which contains scans of some population registers https://meldunkowe.genealodzy.pl/ However, the only towns and villages I’ve seen on that site were in Russian controlled Poland aka The Kingdom of Poland (Królestwo Polskie).

Wishing you continued successful research,

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: