PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:39 am      Post subject: Help with Hamburg Passenger Index on Ancestry.com

In researching my grandfather-Boleslaw TYLICKI these past few years, I have found many discrepancies regarding the name of his village in Poland. The one consistency has been it is located in Plock. I recently learned of this resource digitized at Ancestry-the Hamburg Passenger Index. This may help me in my quest. Non subscribers are able to perform searches by surname -limiting results by place/date etc. Only paid members may access the actual record which provides the emigrants name, age,occupation, previous residence,state, destination. It is written in German.
I have discovered 8 TYLICKI relatives through Ellis Island-the manifests confirm they all sailed from Hamburg to NY. I was able to pin down 3 through the Ancestry search-my grandfather's brother's-note the spellings !
If anyone is an Ancestry member and would be able to perform an search for Jan Telicki 1910/ Franz Kilicky 1903/ Josef Tylecka 1905/ and bring up the scans-I would be most interested in the "Bisheriger Wohnort" (previous residence)..."Staate" (state) and "Aiter" (age) for each.
Thank you for taking the time to read this...Nancy in Orlando, Fl.
starkey76

Replies: 164

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:19 am      Post subject:

Hello, here's the scans for Jan Telicki 1910, Franz Kilicky March 24, 1903, and Josef Tylecka 1905. There was another Frank Kelecki/Kilecki record in Feb/March 1903, with both Hamburg and NY passenger arrival. Not sure which is which, so I posted the other Kelecki/Kilecki arrival also. Says Josef was 11 months and his mother was Marya(28 years old)? Not sure if that helps any.

John

Franz Kilecki 1903.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  618.76 KB
 Viewed:  5677 Time(s)

Franz Kilecki 1903.jpg

Franz Kelecki 1903.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB

Franz Kelecki 1903.jpg

Josef Tylecka.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.05 MB

Josef Tylecka.jpg

Franz Kilicky.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  977.45 KB

Franz Kilicky.jpg

Jan Telicki.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB

Jan Telicki.jpg

starkey76

Replies: 164

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:25 am      Post subject:

Also found that if it was Franz Kilicky departing on March 24, 1903 on the ship Bulgaria, I think his NY arrival would be this scan under Franz "Kiliczty" arriving on April 10 1903. Always try and search just the ship with names that could have been butchered like that. If you can narrow down which is your relative, I can probably get you the census info also.

John

Franz Kiliczty.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  591.97 KB

Franz Kiliczty.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:09 am      Post subject: Re: Help with Hamburg Passenger Index on Ancestry.com

nercell wrote:
In researching my grandfather-Boleslaw TYLICKI these past few years, I have found many discrepancies regarding the name of his village in Poland. The one consistency has been it is located in Plock. I recently learned of this resource digitized at Ancestry-the Hamburg Passenger Index. This may help me in my quest. Non subscribers are able to perform searches by surname -limiting results by place/date etc. Only paid members may access the actual record which provides the emigrants name, age,occupation, previous residence,state, destination. It is written in German.
I have discovered 8 TYLICKI relatives through Ellis Island-the manifests confirm they all sailed from Hamburg to NY. I was able to pin down 3 through the Ancestry search-my grandfather's brother's-note the spellings !
If anyone is an Ancestry member and would be able to perform an search for Jan Telicki 1910/ Franz Kilicky 1903/ Josef Tylecka 1905/ and bring up the scans-I would be most interested in the "Bisheriger Wohnort" (previous residence)..."Staate" (state) and "Aiter" (age) for each.
Thank you for taking the time to read this...Nancy in Orlando, Fl.

Nancy,

I read Stoki, or maybe Skoki. There are more than one for both names. However, there is one near Plock, right across the Wisla.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Emigration All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: