PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:59 am      Post subject: Renkiewicz/Rynkiewicz clan from Krasnopol, Poland

He wanted to die in Poland ...

I come from Sejny, located on the Polish – Lithuanian borderland. There are my family roots, both the father’s and mother’s side. As a child I had a limited awareness of the subject. Those days my knowledge of a family circle was narrowed down to a few dozen people in the area. We’ve had maintained a close contact only with people from the neighborhood, due to the obvious lack of transport possibilities, as well as time for celebration meetings. In the stories repeated by my mother the most recent was a story about the nobility origin of her ancestors Buchowski. After some years I decided to check it, but also throw in something about my ancestral roots from the father’s side, the Szczudlo. That’s how I stepped deep into genealogy. I started digging information mainly about three names in the family: Buchowski - my mother's maiden name, Szczudlo and Rynkiewicz - paternal. From the Rynkiewicz came my grandmother Marianna, my father's mother.

Family Rynkiewicz of Krasnopol always knew that they had a family members in America. No one living, however, could tell who it was, what is the actual relationship to them. Layers of memory launched my father, Zygmunt, who remembered that in the interwar period to their home in Zagowiec (name in use until 1975, after which the village was connected to the neighboring one named Gawieniance) did come packages with different goods from across the ocean. One of them he memorizes the most because it makes him smile everytime it’s brought up. Some uncle from the USA sent my grandmother ointment, but in fear of eating it by the unaware people from the village wrote as he could: “Marianna, you do not need to eat that!”. He probably thought that the grandmother should not eat it, but lubricate the affected area, however after several years in the USA uncle had a right not to know the words “should, shall” etc., which would better describe the meaning of his message. It came out funny, but was saved thanks to that he was the uncle from America, who did send the packages. We also know that these packages sometimes contained cigarette paper, which later Jan Szczudlo, earlier mentioned Marianna’s husband and my grandfather, ritually pulled from behind the beam of his house. There was some more equipment behind the beam: special pad holder and a sharp knife for cutting tobacco as well as a bag for it. From my childhood, when I lived in Olecko and used to be on vacation with my grandfather, I remember when he took to the preparation of a cigarette. Focusing he did pull characteristically his tongue out (my father inherited this habit, also did I) and linger after the edge of the paper. Then stacked together and the cigarette was ready. Sometimes the American cigarette was not enough and then grandfather Jan was using an ordinary newspaper. It have been an awful stink and maybe that is why I have discouraged to cigarettes for a lifetime.

Grandfather left for eternity within a year after grandmother, in 1970. From my observation I gained an instructive memory: when she lived, he did argue with her ​​to death, but when’s gone, he had the courage to say that he would rather have her sick, take care of her - if only she was. It reminds a well known phrase of Father Twardowski to haste in loving people because they leave so quickly.

Since then it's been more than 40 years and now we are able to assert the truth of who was this mysterious Uncle from America. The story of a relative from overseas told me in 2007 my aunt Halina Debinska from Gdynia, the daughter of Antoni Rynkiewicz - the brother of my grandmother Marianna. She mentioned that many years ago her father, Antoni, contacted him. Some time after our meeting, my aunt sought in home archive and found documents explaining that.

Actually it is not known exactly when and under what circumstances John Rynkiewicz went to America. However, from archival documents we know that in the 20s of the twentieth century he was wanted by Ludwika Wierzbicka. December 30th, 1936, the Regional Court in Grodno Branch in Suwalki in closed session dealt with filed by above mentioned Ludwika motion for recognition John Rynkiewicz and Antonina and Wiktoria Krzywicki as missing and a motion for appointment of a guardian. As a result of the Prosecutor’s of the District Court in Grodno motion to establish the guardianship for the rights and property of John Rynkiewicz aka Renkiewicz – as to the power of attorney authorizing Jozef Rynkiewicz, which was attached in the original to the motion filed on December 22nd, 1936 (duly certified by the Consulate General of the Polish Republic on June 2nd, 1936), the District Court in Suwalki on August 29th, 1923, overruled the motion in part to recognize John Rynkiewicz for missing and to appoint a guardian, dismissed Jozef Swiacki of guardian duties and redeemed further proceedings. The Court also ordered to notify Swiacki and Jozef Rynkiewicz, return the power of attorney and send a copy of this order together with the Jozef Rynkiewicz’s motion to the Prosecutor of the District Court in Grodno.
The content of the power of attorney:

“I, the undersigned, Jan Renkiewicz, a former resident of the Krasnopol, from Land Suwalki in Poland and now inhabited in Meriden, New Haven County, Connecticut, North America, give these power of attorney for Jozef Rynkiewicz currently inhabited in Krasnopol, in the Land Suwalki in Poland.
By this power of attorney I authorize Jozef Rynkiewicz to manage my property and real estates in Krasnopol, in the Land Suwalki, Poland as a manager and proxy on my behalf until my arrival to Poland.
Jozef Rynkiewicz is authorized to lease for money whomever he wants. Money received from my real estates is to be used to pay taxes. The remaining part should be deposited to the bank on the name of Jan Renkiewicz.
I also authorize Jozef Rynkiewicz, giving him the overall power and authority in all matters substitution of judicial and extrajudicial also as to protect my interests regarding my real estates in front of all authorities etc.
Whereof this power of attorney complies with my will it is signed by the presence of the witnesses personally.”

Meriden, Connecticut, May 22nd, 1936
Handwritten signature: Jan Renkiewicz

Years passed, and John from America did not return. The 50s of the twentieth century came, and with them the next official communication on the “reality (real estate – added by the author) in Krasnopol”. The letter, written on December 13th, 1956, reveals the entire genealogical puzzle concerning John. Here are its contents:

Notarial Act
“I, Jan Renkiewicz, once using the surname of Rynkiewicz, born on May 13th, 1881, the son of Franciszek and Jozefa maiden name Andruszkiewicz, residing now at 5 Main Street, New Britain, Connecticut, USA, own the plot of land with an area of ​​8,40 acres bordering the north to the land of Jan Kowalewski, east of Boleslaw Nosekowski, south of Kazimierz Malinowski, and on the west by Stanislaw Karlowicz, located in Krasnopol, a former district Suwalki, Bialystok province now, Poland.
The plot, under the notarized power of attorney issued by me on May 22nd, 1936, manages my cousin Jozef Rynkiewicz, and now leases it my nephew Antoni Rynkiewicz, the son of above mentioned Jozef Rynkiewicz and Stefania maiden name Stawinski.
By this Act, the above-described property with all components and appurtenances, I give to my nephew Antoni Rynkiewicz listed at the beginning of the act.
I hereby authorize Antoni Rynkiewicz to any legal and required actions to settle the above mentioned property as well as to the disclosure of this Act in the land register.”
Jan Renkiewicz

From the stories told by my aunt Halina Debinska I know that in the 60s John contacted Antoni in Poland wanting to be buried in his fatherland. He was, however, already too old and sick to take a trip across the ocean. For a long trip to the United States, in order to bring the Uncle back, Antoni did not decide. His daughter Halina wanted to go, but unfortunately she did not get a passport permission.

The epilogue of this touching story is contained in a letter of 5 September 1967. Adel Raffler from Meriden - daughter of John Renkiewicz, writes to Antoni Rynkiewicz, then living in Swinoujscie:

“Dear Uncle!
We sincerely wish to write to you that our dad John Renkiewicz deceased last week, on Thursday at eleven o'clock in the morning. Our dad has not been healthy for a few years. My dad told me to write to you and let you know when he is dead. Our dad had 8 girls and 4 boys. Our mother had died three years ago (around 1964). We thank God that my dad lived for so many years. Dad died on August 31st, 1967, at 11 o’clock in the morning.
May God give you all health, long life and blessings.”
Adel Raffler
59 Frary Ave, Meriden, Connecticut, 06450, United States

Having had a lot of news about the “American Uncle” and powerful tool as the Internet is, at the beginning of the 21st century I made ​​the effort to locate at least one person from the families of his twelve children. Information about the Renkiewicz of Meriden and the surrounding area are on the Internet, even with email addresses, but unfortunately no one responds the messages. Certain members of the family did accept my invitation on Facebook, but did not enter a discourse.

More useful occurred to be contact made by my friend from the USA, also John Rynkiewicz, but with a different line. Several years ago I decided to help him find his family in Poland, which eventually succeeded. Ancestors of John come from the countryside Mscichy and Zebry near Grajewo. Since that time, I was his "Help in Poland", and he is my support in the USA. John Rynkiewicz launched an online family forum, which was visited by different Rynkiewicz. Finally, there also appeared Slovak Latzo John Noel, whose mother was of our Rynkiewicz line. It was he who decided to spend $ 2,000 on the lookout for documents. The company from Warsaw did look through Polish archives for appropriate metrics. They established one continuous history of the family Rynkiewicz, starting in 1730. The oldest revealed ancestor was Szymon Rynkiewicz, the oldest traces of whom were found in the village Wilkokuk in the parish Berzniki on Land Sejny. Then the family moved among the Zlobin, Krasnopol and widely spread in the area. Some people emigrated to America. Probably the first of them was Feliks, (born in 1845 in Zlobin, his parents: Jozef and Wiktoria Terlecki), then his brother Jozef (born in 1848), who was greatly deserved citizen for the community town of Shenandoah, Pennsylvania. Another person from the same family of Krasnopol was another Feliks (born 1879 in Krasnopol, parents: Benedykt and Franciszka Kraszewska) who married in America Michalina Cichocka (in 1900), the daughter of an emigrant from Jeziorki Male, a village located few miles from the Krasnopol. Today, their cousin Joe Cichocki from Texas effectively gathers the evidence of the family presence in America.

The main character of this text, Jan Rynkiewicz arrived in America in the beginning of the 20th Century. In 1905 he married, and in 1934 obtained American citizenship and then took the legitimate dispositions relating to his real estates in Krasnopol. It was he who has sent packages to his relatives left behind in Poland.

Detailed genealogical line is not generally available, because such a condition - I hope temporarily - has been made by the project sponsor. I'm obviously in its possession. I maintain e-mail contact with John Latzo who quite rarely use the Internet. However, I hope that soon I will meet him in person during scheduled for June this year stay in the USA.

Andrzej Szczudlo, Wschowa, Poland
John J. Rynkiewicz, Lockport, NY 14094-6674 ([email protected])

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
MDuplaga
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:52 am      Post subject: Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs

jjrynk,

An interesting gathering of facts. Many names, and a bit hard to follow when it is not one's own family!

I notice that there are many entries of the name "Renkiewicz" on Ancestry.com in the "Public Member Trees"

It may be beneficial to check out all the trees to see if you find any further connections. If you are able to access the Pulbic Member Trees you can look under the "R's" and see what you find.

Good Luck to your further research and finding of relatives,

MaryAnne
jjrynk

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:17 am      Post subject:

MaryAnne,

Thank you as I and others have been at this genealogy for a very long time and have gathered quite allot of information on three different clans of Rynkiewicz/Renkiewicz's. Some or most of the info you have eluded too on Ancestry and other websites have been placed there either by myself or others who have been helping me with this research. We place this info there free of charge in hopes that others will be able to save time/money whence trying to establish family origins and roots. However, as you and I both know, Ancestry and now www.findagrave.com which merged with Ancestry charges individuals a fee to get what was intended as free info for anyone who felt that they needed it. The above letter of text & documents was transcribed from Polish to English by Michal Szczudlo for our benefit here in America. It was taken from actual documents / correspondence concerning the RYNKIEWICZ/RENKIEWICZ clan from Krasnopol and Zlobin.

My family of ZRENKiewicz/ZrYNKiewIC's hails from Mscichy, Sokolka and Monki while others settled in Radzilow and Zebry & Wasosz. I actually hired a private researcher from Warsaw, Poland by the name of Michal Marciniak of PolGen. He did a wonderful job and produced many documents of and for my family. That list was published free of charge on the interent years ago by myself and is also on my Yahoo page. Here is another family link that I have done over the years:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~instjose/familyphotos/John_Rynkiewicz/renkiewicz_rynkiewicz.htm

God Bless you and Good Luck also in your family endeavors.

The Best,

John J. Rynkiewicz ([email protected])
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
MDuplaga
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:07 pm      Post subject: Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs

John,

Thank you for sharing the above information and especially the link to your family photos. It is always interesting to view the information that others have gathered on their family and to see the volume of information they have amassed. It is also interesting to see just how others have managed to Organize & Arrange this mass of information so that it makes sense in following individuals, and can be shared with their other family members and others as you have done. I always enjoy viewing the Old family photos and especially the ones that originated in Poland from years gone by!

Thank you for sharing it all,
MaryAnne
jjrynk

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:57 pm      Post subject:

MaryAnne,

You are very welcomed.

Happy Hunting

The Best,

John J. Rynkiewicz ([email protected])

P.S. Should you ever come across my surname(s) I would appreciate an email.

Thank you
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
jjrynk

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:06 am      Post subject: Rynkiewicz family from Mscichy, Poland

Descendants of Jan Renkiewicz

Generation No. 1

1. JAN(1) RENKIEWICZ was born Abt. 1779, and died 04/12/1849 in Mscichy, Poland(1). He married WIKTORIA RENISZEWSKA
. She died Bef. 1842.

Notes for JAN RENKIEWICZ:
Appeared at the death certificate:
Piotr Rynkiewicz, 24yo
Jozef Kukawski, 44yo
Peasants day-laborers of Mscichy

Jan was a peasant day-laborer and a widower of Mscichy at the death.

More About JAN RENKIEWICZ:
Burial: 04/13/1849, Radzilow

Children of JAN RENKIEWICZ and WIKTORIA are:
1. ROZALIA RENKIEWICZ, B. ABT. 1809, Mscichy, Poland; d. 19/04/1869, Okrasin, Poland.
2. i. MICHAL2 RENKIEWICZ, b. Abt. 1815; d. 1873.
3. ii. PIOTR RENKIEWICZ, b. Abt. 1825, Mscichy, Poland; d. 07/07/1894, Mscichy, Poland.
4. iii. MONICA RENKIEWICZ b. , Mscichy, Poland; d. Mscichy, Poland

Generation No. 2

1. ROZALIA(2) RENKIEWICZ (JAN(1)) was born Abt. 1809 in Mscichy, Poalnd, and died 19/04/1869 in Okrasin, Poland. She married Antoni Barglowski.

2. MICHAL(2) RENKIEWICZ (JAN(1)) was born Abt. 1815, and died 18732. He married ANTONINA MODZELEWSKA Abt. 1832, daughter of ANTONI MODZELEWSKI and JOZEFATA POPLAWSKA. She was born 23/02/1814 in Zblutowo, and died 06/12/1870 in Mscichy, Poland(3).

Notes for MICHAL RENKIEWICZ:
I missed his death certificate during research Radzilow because Michal is not listed under letter "R" in the index. He was written down after letter "S". We set out more details from his death certificate. The death record confirms that his parents were Jan and Wiktoria. I'll try to make a stop in Radzilow to make a photo of the death record when I'll be around in abt. three weeks.

Notes for ANTONINA MODZELEWSKA:
Jan Rynkiewicz, 30yo
Matuesz Bielski, 50yo
Farmers of Mscichy

I decipher the place of Antonina's birth as "Bloty". There is nothing like Bloty around Radzilow. There is a town of Blonie which belongs to the Radzilow church. From the other side, probably she was not born far from Radzilow because the witnesses who reported her death knew her parents' names including mother's maiden name and her place of birth. The
name of Modzelewski was common nobility name in this area. The name of Poplawski is very rare in Radzilow parish records. The name of Poplawski is much more common on the other bank of Biebrza river, in the Monki area. Maybe the mother of Antonina Jozefata Poplawska Modzelewska came from the Monki area.

It's important for us to find out where she was born because the marriage between Michal and Antonina could have taken place where she was born. The marriage records for Radzilow parish from the 1830's have not been preserved, so in our case it would be good if they got married somewhere else. We may check out marriage records for the neighboring parishes to look for the marriage record or for any other Rynkiewicz's who could be related to your family. We may also look for her parents' death records. Also any marriage record for her sibling could provide us with valuable information.

One thing is strange. Nobody from the Modzelewski family were godparents or witnesses at any Renkiewicz event (birth/marriage/death).

More About ANTONINA MODZELEWSKA:
Burial: 06/13/1870, Radzilow

Children of MICHAL RENKIEWICZ and ANTONINA MODZELEWSKA are:
4. i. ANNA3 RENKIEWICZ, b. Abt. 1833, Mscichy, Poland; d. 1873, Mscichy, Poland.
5. ii. JOZEFATA RENKIEWICZ, b. 03/18/1837, Mscichy, Poland; d. 01/01/1880, Mscichy, Poland.
iii. MARIANNA RENKIEWICZ, b. 11/07/1839, Mscichy, Poland(4); d. Bef. 1842.

Notes for MARIANNA RENKIEWICZ:
Appeared at the birth certificate:
Michal Rekiewicz, 29yo, peasant, day-laborer of Mscichy
Karol Sierbinski, 35yo, landowner of a part of Mscichy
Franciszek Jankowski, 36yo, andowner of a part of Mscichy

Godparents:
Karol Sierbinski and Ewa...

More About MARIANNA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 11/10/1839, Radzilow, POL

6. iv. JAN RENKIEWICZ, b. 10/13/1840, Mscichy, Poland; d. Aft. 1894.

v. ANASTAZJA RENKIEWICZ, b.04/ 08/1843, Mscichy, Poland(5).

Notes for ANASTAZJA RENKIEWICZ:
Michal Rynkiewicz (father), 30yo
Jozef Kukawski, 35yo
Franciszek Nieradko, 30yo
Peasants, day-laborers of Mscichy

Godparents:
Jozef Kukawski and Zofia Gwiazdowska

More About ANASTAZJA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 04/10/1843, Radzilow

vi. ADAM RENKIEWICZ, b. 03/20/1845, Mscichy, Poland(6); d. 08/27/1845, Mscichy, Poland(7).

Notes for ADAM RENKIEWICZ:
Michal Rynkiewicz, 30yo
Jan Rynkiewicz (he was a father of Michal), 70yo
Jan Chmielewski, 27yo

Godparents:
Jan Rynkiewicz and Jozefa Zawadzka

Michal Rynkiewicz, 30yo
Jan Rynkiewicz, 70yo

More About ADAM RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 03/21/1845, Radzilow
Burial: 08/28/1845, Radzilow

vii. EWA RENKIEWICZ, b. 03/20/1845, Mscichy, Poland(Cool.

Notes for EWA RENKIEWICZ:
Michal Rynkiewiczm 30yo
Jan Rynkiewicz, 70yo
Jan Chmielewski, 27yo

Godparents:
Jan Chmielewski and Monika Kukowska (I assume that Monika was a wife of Jozef Kukowski and her maiden name was Renkiewicz. She could be a sister of Piotr and Michal)

More About EWA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 03/21/1846, Radzilow

viii. ANIELA RENKIEWICZ, b. 11/05/1848, Mscichy, Poland(9); d. 10/05/1857, Mscichy, Poland(10).

Notes for ANIELA RENKIEWICZ:
Michal Rekiewicz (father), 40yo
Wojciech Bielski, 30yo
Franciszek Sobolewski, 50yo

Godparents:
Wojciech Bielski and Aniela Sobolewska

Michal Rynkiewicz (father), 46yo
Jozef Grudzinski, 30yo
Peasants of Mscichy

More About ANIELA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 11/05/1848, Radzilow, POL
Burial: 10/06/1857, Radzilow, POL

ix. MARIANNA RENKIEWICZ, b. 08/24/1850, Mscichy, Poland(11); d. 08/29/1850, Mscichy, Poland(12).

Michal Renkiewicz, 37yo, peasant, day-laborer of Mscichy
Stanislaw Mscichowski, 30yo, landowner of a part of Mscichy
Franciszek Jankowski. 40yo, landowner of a part of Mscichy

Godparents:
Walenty Bartlinski and Katarzyna Piotrowska

Michal Renkiewicz, 47yo
Jan Piotrowski, 22yo

Baptism: 08/25/1850, Radzilow
Burial: 08/30/1850, Radzilow, POL

7. x. ANDRZEJ RENKIEWICZ, b. 11/27/1852, Mscichy, Poland; d. 02/13/1887, Mscichy, Poland.

xi. STANISLAW RENKIEWICZ, b. 01/18/1855, Mscichy, Poland(13); d. 03/27/1855, Mscichy, Poland(14).

Notes for STANISLAW RENKIEWICZ:
Tomasz Zawadzki, 50yo
Mikolaj Dziegielewski, 40yo

Godparents:
Mateusz Bielski and Katarzyna Bielska

The birth certificate of Stanislaw says that his mother's maiden name is Czajkowska. I think that the priest confused the name. It should be Modzelewska.

Michal R阫iewicz (father), 45yo
Tomasz Zawadzki, 50yo

More About STANISLAW RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 01/18/1855, Radzilow, POL
Burial: 03/28/1855, Radzilow, POL

xii. TEOFILA RENKIEWICZ, b. 04/18/1856, Mscichy, Poland(15); d. Aft. 1874; m. FRANCISZEK CHMIELEWSKI, 11/16/1874, Radzilow, POL(16); b. Abt. 1845, Mscichy, Poland; d. Aft. 1874.

Notes for TEOFILA RENKIEWICZ:
Michal R阫iewicz, 45yo
Mateusz Tokarzewski, 24yo
Michal R阫iewicz, 40yo

Godparents:
Jan Chalustowski and Agnieszka Dziegielewska

More About TEOFILA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 20/4/1856, Radzilow

Marriage Notes for TEOFILA RENKIEWICZ and FRANCISZEK CHMIELEWSKI:
Witnesses at the marriage:
Jan Kochmanski, 44yo
Piotr Renkiewicz, 51yo, uncle of Teofila
Peasants farmers of Mscichy

Franciszek was a farmers' son living in Mscichy and Teofila was living with a brother in Mscichy at the marriage.

3. PIOTR(2) RENKIEWICZ (JAN(1)) was born Abt. 1825 in Mscichy, Poland, and died 07/07/1894 in Mscichy, Poland(17). He married ANNA BIELSKA Abt. 1843. She was born Abt. 1822, and died 17/12/1885 in Mscichy, Poland.

Notes for PIOTR RENKIEWICZ:
Stanislaw Kukowski, 46yo,
Jan Rynkiewicz, 54yo,

Piotr was a day-laborer and then a farmer of Mscichy during his life.

More About PIOTR RENKIEWICZ:
Burial: 07/09/1894, Radzilow

Children of PIOTR RENKIEWICZ and ANNA BIELSKA are:
i. MARIANNA3 RENKIEWICZ, b. 12/10/1845, Mscichy, Poland(1Cool.

Godparents:
Franciszek Nieradko and Monika Kukowska (I assume that Monika was a wife of Jozef Kukowski and her maiden name was Renkiewicz. She could be a sister of Piotr and Michal)

Baptism: 12/11/1845, Radzilow

ii. KATARZYNA RENKIEWICZ, b. 12/12/1849, Mscichy, Poland(19).

Notes for KATARZYNA RENKIEWICZ:
Godparents:
Jakub Wisniewski and Katarzyna Bielska

More About KATARZYNA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 12/13/1849, Radzilow

iii. ANNA RENKIEWICZ, b. 12/20/1852, Mscichy, Poland(20).

Notes for ANNA RENKIEWICZ:
Godparents:
Jozef Kukowski and Zofia Bielska

More About ANNA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 12/21/1852, Radzilow

iv. ZOFIA RENKIEWICZ, b. 01/25/1854, Mscichy, Poland; d. Aft. 1876; m. JAN ZAJAC, 02/21/1876, Radzilow, POL(21); b. Abt. 1857, Chrzanowo, POL; d. Aft. 1876.

Notes for ZOFIA RENKIEWICZ:
Godparents:
Piotr Piotrowski and Antonina Rekiewicz

More About ZOFIA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 01/26/1854, Radzilow

v. TEOFILA RENKIEWICZ, b. 12/31/1856, Mscichy, Poland(22).

Notes for TEOFILA RENKIEWICZ:
Godparents:
Jan Chmielewski and Marcjanna Bielska

More About TEOFILA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 01/01/1857, Radzilow

vi. MACIEJ RENKIEWICZ, b. Abt. 1860, Mscichy, Poland; d. Aft. 1885; m. JULIANNA BARGLOWSKA, 11/23/1885, Radzilow, POL(23); b. Okrasin.

4. MONIKA(2) RENKIEWICZ (JAN(1)) was born Abt. 1827 in Mscichy, Poland, and died ???? in Mscichy, Poland(17). She married JOZEF KUKOWSKI Abt. 1847. He was born Abt. 1827, and died Bet. 1877 - 1884.

Generation No. 3

4. ANNA(3) RENKIEWICZ (MICHAL(2), JAN(1)) was born Abt. 1833 in Mscichy, Poland, and died 1873 in Mscichy, Poland(24). She married JOZEF MIKOLAJ GRUDZINSKI 11/05/1850 in Radzilow, POL(25), son of HERSZEK MOSZKIEWICZ and MALKA. He was born Abt. 1829 in Radzilow, POL, and died Aft. 1881.

She probably died in 1873. Anna Grudzinska listed in a death index for 1873.

I'll try to make a stop in Radzilow to make a photo of the death record when I'l be around in abt. three weeks.

Marriage Notes for ANNA RENKIEWICZ and JOZEF GRUDZINSKI:
Franciszek Sobolewski, 50yo, neighbor of groom
Franciszek Nieradko, 35, neighbor of bride

Jozef was a servant of Mscichy and Anna was living with her parents, day-laborers in Mscichy at the marriage. Parents of Jozef were Jews. It did not happen often that Jews converted their faith and married to Catholics at that time.

Children of ANNA RENKIEWICZ and JOZEF GRUDZINSKI are:
i. MARIANNA WERONIKA(4) GRUDZINSKA, b. Abt. 1852; d. 08/07/1852, Mscichy, Poland(26).

More About MARIANNA WERONIKA GRUDZINSKA:
Burial: 08/08/1852, Radzilow

ii. WERONIKA GRUDZINSKA, b. Abt. 1853; d. 10/03/1857, Mscichy, Poland(27).

More About WERONIKA GRUDZINSKA:
Burial: 10/04/1857, Radzilow

iii. TOMASZ GRUDZINSKI, b. Abt. 1863; d. 06/11/1881, Mscichy, Poland(2Cool.

More About TOMASZ GRUDZINSKI:
Burial: 06/13/1881, Radzilow

iv. BARBARA GRUDZINSKA, b. Abt. 1861, Glinki, POL; d. Aft. 1878; m. JAN GRZYMKOWSKI, 02/05/1878, Radzilow, POL(29); b. Abt. 1856, Radzilow, POL; d. Aft. 1878.

Marriage Notes for BARBARA GRUDZINSKA and JAN GRZYMKOWSKI:
Stanislaw Sulewski, 33yo, landowner, living in Zalesie
Adam Tokarzewski, 50yo, peasant farmer of Radzilow

Jan was living with parents farmers in Radzilow and Barbara was living with her father manager[?] of Mscichy estate farm at the marriage. There are signatures of Jan and Barbara below the marriage record.

v. PIOTR GRUDZINSKI, b. 07/02/1856, Mscichy, Poland(30).

Notes for PIOTR GRUDZINSKI:
Jozef Grudzinski, day-laborer, 27yo
Piotr R阫iewicz, peasant, 31yo
Mikolaj Dziegielewski, peasant, 40yo
All of Mscichy

Godparents:
Piotr R阫iewicz and Jozefa R阫iewicz (who is she?)

There is a signature of Jozef Grudzinski below the act.

More About PIOTR GRUDZINSKI:
Baptism: 07/03/1856, Radzilow

5. JOZEFATA(3) RENKIEWICZ (MICHAL(2), JAN(1)) was born 03/18/1837 in Mscichy, Poland(31), and died 01/01/1880 in Mscichy, Poland(32). She married APOLINARY KUKOWSKI 02/04/1855 in Radzilow, POL(33), son of JOZEF KUKOWSKI and MARIANNA DOWNARSKA. He was born Abt. 1836 in Mscichy, Poland, and died Aft. 1880.

Notes for JOZEFATA RENKIEWICZ:
Michal R阫iewicz, 27yo
Bartlomiej Piotrowski, 49yo
Idzi Wisniewski, 50yo

Godparents:
Bartlomiej Piotrowski and Magdalena Wisniewska

Apolinary Kukowski, 35yo
Piotr Renkiewicz, 50yo

More About JOZEFATA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 03/19/1837, Radzilow
Burial: 01/03/1880, Radzilow

Marriage Notes for JOZEFATA RENKIEWICZ and APOLINARY KUKOWSKI:
Franciszek Nieradko, 40yo
Antoni Brzozowski, 32yo

Apolinary was living with his parents, day-laborers in Mscichy as well as Jozefata was.

Children of JOZEFATA RENKIEWICZ and APOLINARY KUKOWSKI are:
i. MIKOLAJ(4) KUKOWSKI, b. Abt. 1855, Mscichy, Poland; d. 08/11/1856, Mscichy, Poland(34).

More About MIKOLAJ KUKOWSKI:
Burial: 08/11/1856, Radzilow

ii. MARIANNA KUKOWSKA, b. Abt. 1859, Mscichy, Poland; d. Aft. 1878; m. GRZEGORZ PRZESTRZELSKI, 11/25/1878, Radzilow, POL(35); b. Abt. 1848, Borawskie; d. Aft. 1878.

Notes for GRZEGORZ PRZESTRZELSKI:
He was born in Borawskie in the Przytuly Parish.

Marriage Notes for MARIANNA KUKOWSKA and GRZEGORZ PRZESTRZELSKI:
Wintesses at the marriage:
Konstanty Mscichowski, 29yo
Jan Saniewski, 25yo
Farmers of Mscichy

Grzegorz was a worker of Okrasin and Marianna was living with her parents farmers of Mscichy at the marriage.

iii. ANIELA KUKOWSKA, b. Abt. 1862, Mscichy, Poland; d. 07/08/1870, Mscichy, Poland(36).

6. JAN(3) RENKIEWICZ (MICHAL(2), JAN(1)) was born 10/13/1840 in Mscichy, Poland(37), and died Aft. 1894. He married ANIELA KADYSZEWSKA 08/31/1862 in Radzilow, POL(3Cool, daughter of ADAM KADYSZEWSKI and MARIANNA KRAINSKA. She was born Abt. 1842 in Okrasin, POL, and died 10/25/1886 in Mscichy, Poland(39).

Michal Rekiewicz, 30yo
Jozef Bienkowski. 40yo
Bartlomiej Piotrowski, 50yo

Godparents:
Jozef Bienkowski and Anna Konopka

Jan was a tenant farmer of Mscichy.

Baptism: 10/14/1840, Radzilow

More About ANIELA KADYSZEWSKA:
Burial: 10/27/1886, Radzilow

Marriage Notes for JAN RENKIEWICZ and ANIELA KADYSZEWSKA:
Jan Chmielewski, 40yo
Wincenty Bielski, 38yo
Tenant farmers of Mscichy

Jan was living with his parents, tenant farmers and Aniela was living with her father, tenant farmer in Okrasin at the marriage.

We may look for the descendants of Jan and Aniela. It looks like he was the only one alived son of Michal and Antonina who remained in Mscichy. So, presents living Rynkiewicz's in Mscichy are descendants of Jan or his uncle Piotr Rynkiewicz who was married to Anna Bielska.

Children of JAN RENKIEWICZ and ANIELA KADYSZEWSKA are:
i. JOZEF(4) RENKIEWICZ, b. Abt. 1864, Mscichy, Poland; d. 10/03/1864, Mscichy, Poland(40).

More About JOZEF RENKIEWICZ:
Burial: 10/03/1864, Radzilow

ii. TEOFIL RENKIEWICZ, b. Abt. 1876, Mscichy, Poland; d. 12/29/1878, Mscichy, Poland(41).

More About TEOFIL RENKIEWICZ:
Burial: 12/30/1878, Radzilow

iii. PAULINA RENKIEWICZ, b. 13 Apr. 1879, Mscichy, Poland; d. 07/29/1882, Mscichy, Poland(42).

More About PAULINA RENKIEWICZ:
Burial: 07/31/1882, Radzilow

iv. Jan RENKIEWICZ, b. Abt. 1880, Mscichy, Poland; d., Mscichy, Poland.

7. ANDRZEJ(3) RENKIEWICZ (MICHAL(2), JAN(1)) was born 11/27/1852 in Mscichy, Poland(43), and died 02/13/1887 in Mscichy, Poland(44). He married (1) APOLONIA KRAINSKA 02/21/1876 in Radzilow, POL(45), daughter of JAN KRAINSKI and ANNA NIERADKO. She was born Abt. 1855 in Okrasin, POL, and died 12/02/1876 in Okrasin, Poland(46). He met (2) MARIANNA CHMIELEWSKA 02/04/1878 in Wasosz, Poland(47), daughter of WOJCIECH CHMIELEWSKI and FRANCISZKA KULIKOWSKA. She was born 13/08/1860 in Zebry, Poland, and died 19/03/1918 in Zebry, Poland.

Notes for ANDRZEJ RENKIEWICZ:
Andrzej Sobolewski, 23yo
Franciszek Nieradko, 40yo

Godparents:
Andrzej Sobolewski and Katarzyna Kochmanska

Mateusz Piotrowski, 40yo
Jozef Piotrowski, 50yo
Farmers of Mscichy

The documents of his and Marianna's children say that he was a farmer of Zebry.

More About ANDRZEJ RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 11/28/1852, Radzilow
Burial: 02/15/1887, Radzilow, POL

Notes for APOLONIA KRAINSKA:
Jan Krainski, father of the Deceased, 53yo
Maciej Krainski, 35yo
Peasants farmers of Okrasin

Apolonia probably died at the childbirth.

More About APOLONIA KRAINSKA:
Burial: 03/12/1876, Radzilow

Marriage Notes for ANDRZEJ RENKIEWICZ and APOLONIA KRAINSKA:
Kazimierz Grzymkowski, 27yo
Jan Kachmanski, 50yo

Andrzej was living with his brother in Mscichy and Apolonia was living with her parents farmers in Okrasin at the marriage.

Andrzej probably moved to Okrasin after marriage with Apolonia.

Marriage Notes for ANDRZEJ RENKIEWICZ and MARIANNA CHMIELEWSKA:
Witnesses at the marriage certificate:
Tadeusz Wysocki, 46 years old
Konstanty Stefanowicz, 37 years old
Farmers of Zebry

Andrzej was a farmer of Mscichy and Marianna was residing in Zebry at the marriage.

Children of ANDRZEJ RENKIEWICZ and MARIANNA CHMIELEWSKA are:

i. JAN(4) RENKIEWICZ, b. 11/19/1878, Zebry, Poland(4Cool; m. Mariana Hajduk, 15 Nov 1909 , Wilkes-Barre, PA; b. 21 Jun 1892, Ladzin, Austria d. 17 Aug 1957, Nanticoke, PA

Witnesses at the birth certificate:
Jan Renkiewicz, 40 years old
Franciszek Wisniewski, 50 years old
Farmers of Zebry

Godparents:
Jan Renkiewicz and Julianna Wisniewska

Baptism: 11/21/1878, Wasosz, Poland

ii. ANTONI RENKIEWICZ, b. 11/05/1880, Zebry, Poland(49); m. Franciszka E. Zarzecka, 22 Jun 1901, Freeland, PA, b. 1888, d. 16 Jun 1967, Hunlock Creek, PA

Notes for ANTONI RENKIEWICZ:
Leonard Kulikowski, 44 years old
Stanislaw Barglowski, 30 years old
Farmers of Zebry

Godparents:
Wojciech Karwowski and Marianna Dobrzynska

More About ANTONI RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 11/07/1880, Wasosz, Poland

iii. ANNA RENKIEWICZ, b.08/20/1887, Zebry, Poland50; d. 10/10/1982, Zebry, Poland(51); m. JOZEF CIECIERSKI, 05/29/1912, Wasosz, Poland(52); d. Aft. 1982.

Jozef Drzazgowski, 25 years old
Konstanty Stefanowicz, 46 years old
Stanislaw Barglowski, 43 years old
Farmers of Zebry

Godparents:
Jozef Drzazgowski and Antonina Chmielewska

More About ANNA RENKIEWICZ:
Baptism: 08/21/1887, Wasosz, Poland

Endnotes

1. Death certificate no. 26/1849. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
2. Death certificate no. 111/1873. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
3. Death certificate no. 40/1870. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
4. Birth certificate no. 76/1839. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
5. Birth certificate no. 38/1843. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
6. Birth certificate no. 24/1845. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
7. Death certificate no. 35/1845. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
8. Birth certificate no. 24/1845. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
9. Birth certificate no. 91/1848. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
10. Death certificate no. 68/1857. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
11. Birth certificate no. 62/1850. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
12. Death certificate no. 41/1850. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
13. Birth certificate no. 2/1855. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
14. Death certificate no. 26/1855. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
15. Birth certificate no. 33/1856. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
16. Marriage certificate no. 14/1874. Marrige records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
17. Death certificate no. 44/1894. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow, file no. 2 available at at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
18. Birth certificate no. 77/1845. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
19. Birth certificate no. 88/1849. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
20. Birth certificate no. 81/1852. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
21. Marriage certificate no. 9/1876. Marriage records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
22. Birth certificate no. 1/1857. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
23. Marriage certificate no. 19/1885. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow, file no. 4 available at at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
24. Death certificate no. 105/1873. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
25. Marriage certificate no. 15/1850. Marriage records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
26. Death certificate no. 53/1852. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
27. Death certificate no. 67/1857. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
28. Death certificate no. 37/1881. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
29. Marriage certificate no. 6/1878. Marrige records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
30. Birth certificate no. 44/1856. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
31. Birth certificate no. 31/1837. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
32. Death certificate no. 1/1880. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
33. Marriage certificate no. 4/1855. Marriage records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
34. Death certificate no. 52/1856. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
35. Marriage certificate no. 30/1878. Marrige records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
36. Death certificate no. 48/1870. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
37. Birth certificate no. 75/1840. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
38. Marriage certificate no. 22/1862. Marriage records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
39. Death certificate no. 62/1886. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow, file no. 2 available at at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
40. Death certificate no. 56/1864. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
41. Death certificate no. 104/1878. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
42. Death certificate no. 71/1882. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
43. Birth certificate no. 77/1852. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
44. Death certificate no. 10/1887. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
45. Marriage certificate no. 11/1876. Marrige records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow.
46. Death certificate no. 79/1876. Death records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Radzilow available at the parochial archive in Radzilow. Microfilm available at the State Archives in Bialystok, branch in Lomza.
47. Marriage certificate no. 7/1878. Marriage records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Wasosz available at the parish archives in Wasosz.
48. Birth certificate no. 39/1878. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Wasosz available at the parish archives in Wasosz.
49. Birth certificate no. 288/1880. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Wasosz available at the parish archives in Wasosz.
50. Birth certificate no. 201/1887. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Wasosz available at the parish archives in Wasosz.
51. Birth certificate no. 23/1982. Available in the Registry Office in Wasosz.
52. Death certificate no. 201/1887. Birth records of the Roman-Catholic Church in Wasosz available at the parish archives in Wasosz.

Initial research completed in 2007 by Mr. Michal Marciniak of PolGen in Warsaw, Poland.

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: