PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:29 pm      Post subject: Surname search Pajcz or Piach and Funtowicz

Hello,

My Great Grandmother's maiden name is Funtowicz. Her full name is Antionelle Funtowicz. She is from the ton of Pyzdry. My Grandfather was born in 1881. His name was Frank Pajcz or Piach. I am wondering about the origin of the surnames. I would also like to know if they were Catholic or Jewish surnames. We heard that my Great Grandmother was possibly Jewish. Thank you in advance.

Sharon S.
TadWysocki

Replies: 70

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:50 am      Post subject:

Hello dear Sharon,

Very fortunately you have them in Posen Project [index of local marriages 1800 - 1899], here is translation into English

Catholic Parish Pyzdry [Peisern], record 19 / year 1878

Teofil Pajtz (23 years old)
Parents: Karol Pajtz and Zuzanna Pajtz nee family Koralewski
&
Antonina Fątowicz alias Funtowicz (22 years old)
Parents: Piotr Fątowicz alias Funtowicz, and Katarzyna Fątowicz alias Funtowicz nee family Suchorski

Small confirmation from the present-day Poland [census/records abt 2000], in this very old Polish/Germany town Pyzdry are still living Polish families surnamed Koralewski and Suchorski:
Halina Koralewska
Stanislawa Koralewska
Marek Koralewski
Pawel Koralewski
Roman Koralewski
Tadeusz Koralewski
etc.
and
Maria Suchorska [=family Suchorski]

Pajtz and Fątowicz/Funtowicz supposingly left Pyzdry in all the 20th century to other Polish towns, and of course to the U.S.

Rich family roots, good luck in your further search!

Tad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: