PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:29 pm      Post subject: Zbrodnie hitlerowskie w wsi polskiej 1939-1945

Hi,

I have bought this book (by Jozef Fajkowski and Jan Religa).
I can do lookups (by surnames, please consider the diacriticals).

Gilberto
Send e-mail
MegSondey

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 am      Post subject:

This is a far reach, but could you search for the names Paczkowski, Korpaczewski, Kochanowicz and Sadej (I don't know how to make the diacritical mark that is found under the "a"). I am most interested in the final name (Sadej) as that is my grandfather. If there are any locations noted, the Sadej family was around Lemberg/Lwow/L'viv and the village of Lukowies/Lukovets. Thank you so much.

Meg
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:19 pm      Post subject:

Try:
http://straty.pl/index.php/en/szukaj-w-bazie
Program "Straty osobowe i ofiary represji pod okupacją niemiecką"
SEARCH FOR VICTIMS OF (GERMAN) OPPRESSION
Diacriticals are not needed.
MegSondey

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:31 pm      Post subject:

Thank you!! I'll start searching right now.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:48 pm      Post subject:

MegSondey wrote:
This is a far reach, but could you search for the names Paczkowski, Korpaczewski, Kochanowicz and Sadej (I don't know how to make the diacritical mark that is found under the "a"). I am most interested in the final name (Sadej) as that is my grandfather. If there are any locations noted, the Sadej family was around Lemberg/Lwow/L'viv and the village of Lukowies/Lukovets. Thank you so much.

Meg

Meg,

Kochanowska, Jozefa, 62
Kochanowski, Franciszek 60
Kochanowski, Michal 47
on November 23, 1943 in Bichinów, woj. czestochowskie

Kochanowski, Alexander, 42
Kochanowski, Jan 32
on August 1944, in Osowiec, woj. lomzynskie

Paczkowski, Korpaczewski and Sadej - nothing listed.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
MegSondey

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:00 pm      Post subject:

.... and thank you once again. There were many names listed under "Sadej" on straty.pl . I have a microfilm from the LDS that appears to have some relations listed on it and I will be comparing these two sets of records. It is not that common of a name in the US (Sondey, Sondej or Sadej) and most of those with that last name either lived in Connecticut (my relations) or in New Jersey (I suspect they are distant cousins, but no proof). There are a few in Canada as well and some are known relations and others, well.... again... distant cousins perhaps? I keep picking away at distant hints and someday hope to have that "a ha" moment when things connect. Again thank you so much.

Meg
Cheri Vanden Berg

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:08 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Gilberto, this is very kind of you. I am looking for Marya/Maria Gal. Her gravestone is engraved with the year 1944, when she died, and she was 42 years old. She was born in Załuczne, and I think was living in nearby Odrowąż when she was shot. My grandmother said her sister Maria was shot by Nazis while her husband and children watched. Her name does not show up at http://straty.pl/index.php/en/ My understanding is that this site is a work in progress. I think I would be able to add her name if I found proof. I don't expect her name to show up in your book either, as there were so many victims, but I appreciate your effort.
Thanks again,
Cheri
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:47 pm      Post subject:

Cheri Vanden Berg wrote:
Thank you Gilberto, this is very kind of you. I am looking for Marya/Maria Gal. Her gravestone is engraved with the year 1944, when she died, and she was 42 years old. She was born in Załuczne, and I think was living in nearby Odrowąż when she was shot. My grandmother said her sister Maria was shot by Nazis while her husband and children watched. Her name does not show up at http://straty.pl/index.php/en/ My understanding is that this site is a work in progress. I think I would be able to add her name if I found proof. I don't expect her name to show up in your book either, as there were so many victims, but I appreciate your effort.
Thanks again,
Cheri

Cheri,

There is Maria Galle, 50 years old, on Sep 3, 1939 in Lobodno, woj. czestochowskie
And a Antoni Gal, 42, on Sep 5-6, 1939, in Kajetanowice, woj. czestochowskie

I don't read Polish but it seems this book was written based on many sources.
On the other hand, and for the same reason, I don't know if the Straty site lists ALL the names on this book (for instance, some Magrowski are in that site, but not in this book).
A polish reader may clarify us if the site concerns miltary personel and the book is about civilians, partisans, etc.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Books & Movies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: