PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:20 pm      Post subject: Gonet Family Tree

More pages

image.jpeg
 Description:
Page 9 (no Gonets on page 8.)
 Filesize:  1.65 MB
 Viewed:  5876 Time(s)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 Description:
Page 7
 Filesize:  1.58 MB

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 Description:
Page 6
 Filesize:  1.52 MB

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 Description:
Page 5
 Filesize:  1.5 MB

image.jpeg

Ncdrew

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:27 pm      Post subject: re: Gonet family tree

Thank you so much for sharing! This must have taken quite a bit of effort and time for him to put together.
VBentley

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:39 am      Post subject: Re: Korczyna

Hello!

My (maternal) grandfather, Walter Pelczar (b. 1923 Dracut, Mass) told me that we were related to St. Josef Sebastian. He was an uncle to him, however, I do not remember how many "great's" were in front. His father was Szymon Zigmund Pelczar (b. Oct 30, 1890) in Polanka, Poland. He came to America in 1906 and Married Karolina Blecharczyk of Lowell, Mass. I have on my family tree information on Karolina, but the line stops at Szymon. Thoughts? Help?

Dziękuje!
Vanessa

walturbanek wrote:
Hi Trina,

I have neither heard of anyone with stigmata nor named Helena Pelczar when interviewing my father, nor do we have any known Cleveland connections. In "Polish By Heart"(PBH) there is a supplemental section on St. Josef Sebastian Pelczar. In it I write that I cannot find any direct link to my family even though there is an "Urbanek" in the saint's family tree. The only "Pelczar" I know of is an Andrew Pelczar who married into the family. Andrew immigrated to Newmarket, NH and then moved to Middletown CT. His 1919 wedding party's photo is on page 18 of "PBH".

The two most famous Korcyzna residents were St Josef Sebastian Pelczar and General Stanislaw Szeptycki.

I maintain a family tree also that was researched by my aunt (who is still alive and whom I will visit in September). I have four main sources on Korczyna: 1. The parish records of the church in Korcyzna which is where my aunt found many records. 2. If you research Ellis Island you can find many of the passengers who came from Korcyzna. Maybe you could do a search of where people came from. 3. Another source is the Jewish web site on Korcyzna which gives records and names connected with the Hollocost there. 4. There is also a web-site that one of my Pelczarski relatives runs out of Chicago. You can find it by typing in that family name. He maintains his family tree on that site and if you ask you may be granted permission to view that tree. I have contributed to that research. He also relates what he suspects is the origin of his family's name.

Keep me informed of anything you find of interest.

Walter
Send e-mail
SteveWojnar

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:21 pm      Post subject: Casimir Prazjner

Hi Walter,

I found and read your book this morning, and thank you - you helped me make another advance in my family research. It turns out that you and I are related. The Casimir Prazjner in your book who moved to Philadelphia from his family's farm in western Massachusetts is my first cousin once removed. Casimir's mother, Mary (Wojnar) Prazjner, is my grandfather's sister. Mary and my grandfather (Andrew) and their 4 siblings grew up in Korczyna, but I don't know more than that - I don't know where, but I'm working on it. Only John Wojnar stayed in Poland, the other 5 siblings moved to the U.S. I also think that we my share another relative in the Gonets, as I've determined that Andrew's grandmother on his father's side was Catharine Gonet.

I'm traveling to Poland in April of this year. I know I am going to go to Korczyna, where my grandfather's family is from, and to Zalipie, where my grandmother's family (Slosek) is from. Do you have any more information about Casimir's Polish roots? Can you point me in the right direction to do more research on the family in Poland? Any tidbit or nugget you can provide will be helpful and appreciated. Thank you!! I really enjoyed reading your book and I about fell out of my chair when I realized the Casimir connection was to us. Casimir's little brother Henry was my dad's best bud in the family when they were little and my dad spent a lot of time on the farm with Henry and the Prazjners.

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: