PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:11 pm      Post subject: Online Phone Book fo Zachodniopomorskie Poland

Are there any online phone books or listings for Zachodniopomorskie Poland please?
JoyD
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:45 am      Post subject: Re: Online Phone Book fo Zachodniopomorskie Poland

JoyD wrote:
Are there any online phone books or listings for Zachodniopomorskie Poland please?
JoyD

Joy,

I understand you are searching the international phone number for Koszalin. The phone numbers do not change often, so the local number should be still valid.
The ITU prefix for Poland is +48. My experience is that in Poland the cell prefix starts with "5" or "6" (we have "6" and "7" in France, so it looks like a kind of telcos idea accross Europe).
The roaming cost on receiving party is significant (and on calling party even much bigger).

Good news for you: you have plenty of prepaid SIM in Poland, it's cheap, the cheapest one cost 5 zl, circa US $1.5
Please ensure that your mobile phone (whatever you have) is unlocked, so you can change your Australian SIM to Polish one for local communications. Actually it's better to have two boxes, the usual one, and another one for Poland. I recall that once upon a time I had problems in Asia, each country using other frequencies for cell. However I do not recall having problem in Melbourne, so probably Australia is fine. Please check.
Beware that data on cell is a milk cow for European telcos, and that usual system is either cheap voice and no data, or not-cheap data and no voice, or horrendous voice+data. Last week I noted many free WiFi hot spots in Warsaw, and was using my IPad in the city (slow but free). I do not know how it is in other places.

Best,
Elzbieta

Koszalin
Dane teleadresowe:
Parafia Ewangelicko-Augsburska w Koszalinie
ul. Połczyńska 1
75-802 Koszalin

tel. 094/3454670 ====== +48 94 3454670 (land line)
tel. 505 031444 ======= +48 505 031444 (cell)
e-mail: [email protected]

Diakonia Parafii Ewangelicko-Augsburskiej (Diakonia Koszalin)
ul. Połczyńska 1
75-802 Koszalin
tel. 505 41 83 04 ====== +48 505 41 83 04 (cell)
e-mail: [email protected]
JoyD

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:36 am      Post subject:

Thanks for your help- also had in mind to see if there were any Freiberg surnames in the area
Best Wishes JoyD
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:21 am      Post subject:

JoyD wrote:
Thanks for your help- also had in mind to see if there were any Freiberg surnames in the area
Best Wishes JoyD

Joy,

There is no service with private persons telephone numbers in Poland. It vanished a couple of years ago. The only existing web sites (many) are traps: you have to register there, and the only information they have is from persons who registered with them. Pure nonsense, but alas, that is the situation.
I have no idea if they still sell paper telephone books with private persons, even from ten years ago.

Concerning Freiberg: the name exists in Poland.
http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/freiberg.html

Best,
Elzbieta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Other topics related to Poland and Polish roots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: