PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:13 am      Post subject: Electric outlet adapters for all the wonderful places

Well, I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, but it is related to lodging in Poland.

For those of you from the United States who had the pleasure of visiting Poland.....I found 3 adapters for sale on Amazon.com. Did you use one or all of these adapters?

Please share your experiences with me, I am going on my first visit in a few weeks! Thanks! Shocked
James
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 226

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:54 pm      Post subject: electric adaptors

Shellie,

In 2006 , on my 1st visit to Poland, my brother and I stayed at a hostel in Warsaw, and he used an electrical adaptor for his c-pap machine. The adaptor worked fine, but the electrical system must have had an overload, because in the middle of the night, an electric breaker tripped for the outlet he was plugged into. When the breaker was re-set, his c-pap machine would not work any more. When we got back to the states, he took it to be repaired, and was told that an internal fuse had blown.
I've not had any electrical devices with me on my 2 visits, so I have no personal experience.

So , the adaptors may work fine, but the electrical system you are plugged into , might not take the load. I hope this is of some help.

James
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:39 am      Post subject:

Shellie,

I have always at least one electric grounded adapter for American plugs with me. It is ADAPTER not CONVERTER, it doesn't convert electricity (neither voltage from 220 V to 110V, nor power). So if you need converter tell me about that, I will look what I can find here.

I have also a charger for AA and AAA batteries.
Send e-mail
Shellie

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:04 am      Post subject:

Thank you both for the valuable info. Zenon, somehow I knew that you would have extras! We had one adapter from previous travel and I don't think I need a converter. I will see you very soon!
Thanks,
Shellie
lsimpson

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:44 pm      Post subject:

Thank you for asking this question, i find this information very helpful especially for those going to Poland for the first time. I have been planning a trip myself and my usual problem is that i have a lot of different gadget that needs to be charged or what not so i need to bring adapters for my trips just to be sure that i have the right one since sometimes its really unique for certain countries. Im afraid though that i might need converters for my gadgets as well.
Shellie

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:25 pm      Post subject:

Went I went back to Poland in Sept 2011, I had a big "multi" adapter. It was like a brick and was designed with several different sized prongs for sockets. But I could not use it! The electrical outlets were recessed in a "circle" and the "brick" adapter/converter was a large SQUARE!

I also took a 3 ft extension cord that could accomodate more than one cell phone/ ipod whatever, and I was able to share with my cousin who had an adapter that was small.

Make sure that you know whether your electronic item needs a convertor or adapter. I am not an electrician and can't make any decisions for you, but this link might get you started on figuring what you might need:
http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=183
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:40 pm      Post subject:

Always Look first on Rating Plate on your chargers. If It says INPUT: 110-220 V or VAC You are safe. You just need cheap adapter for changing from American plug to round Polish ones. Funny all my chargers (for laptop, camera and phone) are two-ranged, thats what i could call globalization.
If there is only 110V on Rating plate of Your charger, You need device that converts voltage.

Jump to: