PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:45 pm      Post subject: Keep track of my topics?

I'm new to this forum and am already loving it... however, is there an easy way to keep track of the topics that I am watching or contributing to?

Thanks!
Susanne.
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:37 am      Post subject:

Susanne,

First of all: welcome to our forum and I hope that you fill meet plenty of our helpful members and find a lot useful information!

The option that you might use to track the choosen topics is RSS functionality.
An RSS (Rich Site Summary or for Really Simple Syndication) is something a website offers to readers to provide a "news feed" of their information. It's available for everyone to add to their own "news reader" for free and gets displayed on your desktop or in your web browser.

It works almost like a stock ticker, delivering exactly the information that you have anonymously "subscribed" to, eliminating the need to go out and check your favorite outlets for new information, because they're already delivered to your computer.

You do not have to be logged in to PolishOrigins Forum to receive timely information about new posts in the Forum.

You can choose if you want to be informed about new posts that appear in:

- All Topics.

- Given Forum section (for example: Research in Poland).

- Given Topic.

Read more about this option here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=201#201

What is more: if you create a topic or you post anything in one of the existing topic you will recieve the notification on your email anytime when there will be a new message posted.

You will also recieve the notification when someone will send you a private message.

There is also the possibility of getting daily summary of all posts from Forum directly to your email box.
Click here to see an example of such email containing Forum update: http://polishorigins.com/public/pictures/feed.html
And here you can subscribe for the Daily Digest:
http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=PolishOriginsForum&loc=en_US

Good luck with your research,

Aga
Visit poster's website
looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 122

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:31 pm      Post subject:

My question is similar. Is there any easy way to see all of my posts? I tried searching by user name but nothing showed up.
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:39 pm      Post subject:

When you log in to your account and then go to the Forum page (click on Forum in the Menu side bar on the left) you will see this image. In the upper right-hand corner, just above the box around the most recent forum posts, are 3 links: "View posts since last visit," "View your posts," and "View unanswered posts." Hope this helps. ~PL

PO Forum page.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.02 KB
 Viewed:  7076 Time(s)

PO Forum page.JPG

looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:01 pm      Post subject:

When I go to "view your posts" it takes me to Polish translations, but I don't see how to get to my particular posts. How do I do that?
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:50 am      Post subject:

Will this instruction of searching for posts of given members be helpful to you: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=5848#5848 ?
Send e-mail
looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:14 am      Post subject:

Thank you PolishLibrarian and Zenon for answering and thank you Slav for posting detailed instructions. I had been searching by topics, not by replies. Changing that was the missing key for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> What, Why, How...? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: