PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Author

Replies: 547

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:12 am      Post subject: Re: Anton Adamek - Death 1882

Blue wrote:
Thanks Michael.

My next record is a death record for Anton Adamek, which I read is as follows:

Nr. 71
Laski am 29 July 1882
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute,
der Persönlichkeit nach bekannt,
___ [occupation of informant] Franz Adamek,
wohnhaft zu Wodziczna,
und zeigte an, dass Anton Adamek [occupation]
[age] jahres alt,
katholischer Religion,
wohnhaft zu Wodziczna _____
geboren zu Pomiany ___ Schildberg,
sohn der verstorben [father's occupation] Bernhard [?] Adamek und ____ verstorben Ehefrau Agnes, geboren ____ Pomiany
zu Wodziczna ____
am ___ und zwanzig ten Juli
des Jahres tausend acht hundert ____
nachmittags um ___ Uhr
verstorben sei. _______ Anton Adamek ____.
Vorgelesen, genehmigt und unterschreiben
Franz Adamek

Der Standesbeamte
[signed by registrar]

Hi Blue,
Please find my additions in bold.

Nr. 71
Laski am 29 July 1882
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute,
der Persönlichkeit nach bekannt,
der Wirth (the farmer) [occupation of informant] Franz Adamek,
wohnhaft zu Wodziczna,
und zeigte an, dass Anton Adamek Auszügler (retired farmer) [occupation]
acht und sechzig ( 68 ) [age] Jahre alt,
katholischer Religion,
wohnhaft zu Wodziczna bei dem Anzeigenden (with the informant)
geboren zu Pomiany Kreis (county) Schildberg,
Sohn des verstorben Wirths (farmer) [father's occupation] Bernhard Adamek und dessen ebenfalls (his also) verstorben Ehefrau Agnes, geborene unbekannt (unknown) zu Pomiany
zu Wodziczna in des Anzeigenden Wohnung (in the informant’s flat)
am acht ( 8 ) und zwanzig ten Juli
des Jahres tausend acht hundert achtzig und zwei (1882)
nachmittags um sechs (6) Uhr
verstorben sei. Der Anzeigende erklärte, daß er vom Tode des Auszüglers Anton Adamek aus eigener Wissenschaft unterrichtet sei. (This is the wording we already saw when Julianna Osczenda reported the birth of Leon Schaar: Franz was present when Anton died.)
Vorgelesen, genehmigt und unterschrieben
Franz Adamek

Der Standesbeamte
[signed by registrar]

Best regards,
Michael
TedMack

Replies: 480

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:18 am      Post subject: Re: German Records Translation

[/quote]

Hi Ted,

Yes, according to the marriage record August was living in Fort VI at the time of his death. Fort VI was part of the fortifications around the city of Poznan. For further information you might have a look at:

https://www.poznan.pl/mim/turystyka/en/former-fortress-of-poznan,poi,2575/former-fortress-of-poznan,45909.html

According to Meyer’s Gazetteer the Civil Registration Office was in Winiary.

Good luck for your search.
Michael[/quote]

G'day Michael

During my search I came across this record for a Bilinski and was going to discount it but think I should have it translated in case it is of value. I note that the records I'm looking through seem to have about 40% where the record is written in the margin rather than in the document - is there a reason for that? I suppose if you translate this record at least I'll have an idea of the structure of the margin records.

Cheers
Ted

Death Augustus Bilinski 1884 - record 1667(2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  328.54 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Death Augustus Bilinski 1884 - record 1667(2).jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:41 am      Post subject: Re: German Records Translation

TedMack wrote:

G'day Michael

During my search I came across this record for a Bilinski and was going to discount it but think I should have it translated in case it is of value. I note that the records I'm looking through seem to have about 40% where the record is written in the margin rather than in the document - is there a reason for that? I suppose if you translate this record at least I'll have an idea of the structure of the margin records.

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted,

By and large there were two reasons why a death record was written in the margin rather than in the document. One was to indicate a stillborn child. Here you will find the “normal” wording of a death record in the margin. The other were cases where there was no informant coming to the registry but a note (“schriftliche Anzeige”) informing about a death. For example from the police or in most cases as in yours from a hospital. Here you will find in the first part of the record the information who wrote the note. The second part, what happened, has the “normal” wording. The third part, the approval, is reduced to the registrar’s signature.

Please find attached the translation.

Best
Michael

Death Stanislaus Bilinski 1884

C. No. 1667
Posen, on October 27, 1884.

The written note was received from the matron of the Sisters of Charity Hospital (“der Oberin des Krankenhauses der barmherzigen Schwestern”) here, that

Stanislaus [The name Augustus is not mentioned in this record] Bilinski, 15 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Oberwilda near Posen, born in Oberwilda, son of the laborer Martin Bilinski in Oberwilda and his deceased wife Magdalena, born unknown, died in the institution mentioned on October 26, 1884 at half past two o’clock a.m.

Adjacent form deleted.
The registrar.
[Signature]
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 299

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:35 pm      Post subject: German Record Translation Help

Hi Michael,
Can you please translate the name, date of birth, and place of birth for me?

The record is part of a marriage record for Rozalia Mrowczynska. Her parents are Pawel Mrowczynski and Katarzyna Wrzeszinska. She was supposed to be born in Ksiaz, Polanowice.

My dilemma is I only found a birth record for a set of twins (Franciszka & Michalina) born August 11, 1855 in Polanowice to the same parents. I have not found a birth record for Rozalia. Could Rozalia really be one of the twins?

Thank you for your help!
Trish

Rozalia Mrowczynski Marriage 1879.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.48 KB

Rozalia Mrowczynski Marriage 1879.jpg

Trish
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:45 pm      Post subject: German Translation Help

Hi Michael,

Once again I need your help figuring out a date. I can only figure out November. The death record attached was written on November 29, 1898. It looks like actual date of death is November 28, 1898. Am I correct?

Thank you so much for your help! Hope you are enjoying your day!
Trish

Antonina Kaptur Death 1898 question.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.05 KB

Antonina Kaptur Death 1898 question.jpg

Trish
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:02 pm      Post subject: German Record Translation

Hi Michael,
Sorry to bother you again, but can you please help me with the birth date for Wiktoria Lukaszewska? I know all the other information but the date of birth. I think she was born on December 15th. I cannot make out the year. Can you please help me with the date?

Thank you again for your time and your help.
Trish

Wiktoria Lukaszewska Marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.22 KB

Wiktoria Lukaszewska Marriage.jpg

HelpTheFamily

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:55 pm      Post subject: German - Birth Record of Wilhelm Möller

I been wondering I someone could translate this German Record.

If you can translate this, I’d appreciate it.

DCCB6933-D4AE-4A80-9AA4-663FC1E6DCF1.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.22 MB

DCCB6933-D4AE-4A80-9AA4-663FC1E6DCF1.jpeg

Last edited by HelpTheFamily on Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
TedMack

Replies: 480

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:26 pm      Post subject: Re: German Records Translation

Kmichael8 wrote:
TedMack wrote:

G'day Michael

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted,

By and large there were two reasons why a death record was written in the margin rather than in the document. One was to indicate a stillborn child. Here you will find the “normal” wording of a death record in the margin. The other were cases where there was no informant coming to the registry but a note (“schriftliche Anzeige”) informing about a death. For example from the police or in most cases as in yours from a hospital. Here you will find in the first part of the record the information who wrote the note. The second part, what happened, has the “normal” wording. The third part, the approval, is reduced to the registrar’s signature.

Please find attached the translation.

Best
Michael

Death Stanislaus Bilinski 1884

C. No. 1667
Posen, on October 27, 1884.

The written note was received from the matron of the Sisters of Charity Hospital (“der Oberin des Krankenhauses der barmherzigen Schwestern”) here, that

Stanislaus [The name Augustus is not mentioned in this record] Bilinski, 15 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Oberwilda near Posen, born in Oberwilda, son of the laborer Martin Bilinski in Oberwilda and his deceased wife Magdalena, born unknown, died in the institution mentioned on October 26, 1884 at half past two o’clock a.m.

Adjacent form deleted.
The registrar.
[Signature]

Thanks Michael

That helps a lot with my search - I now know what these records are and reading the information should be quicker. This should speed up my search.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Ted
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:37 am      Post subject: Re: German Record Translation Help

Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,
Can you please translate the name, date of birth, and place of birth for me?

The record is part of a marriage record for Rozalia Mrowczynska. Her parents are Pawel Mrowczynski and Katarzyna Wrzeszinska. She was supposed to be born in Ksiaz, Polanowice.

My dilemma is I only found a birth record for a set of twins (Franciszka & Michalina) born August 11, 1855 in Polanowice to the same parents. I have not found a birth record for Rozalia. Could Rozalia really be one of the twins?

Thank you for your help!
Trish

Hi Trish,

You’re welcome.

Rozalia Mrowczynski

The name, date of birth, and place of birth: “die Wirthstochter Rosalia Mrowczynska, geboren am vierzehnten August 1855 zu Xionz” or “the farmer’s daughter Rosalia Mrowczynska, born on August 14, 1855 in Xionz”.
August 14 doesn’t match with the birth date of the twins. Hence I think Rozalia was not one of them. According to Kartenmeister Ksiaz is an alternate name for Xionz. They had a Catholic parish there. You might have a look into their church book.

Antonina Kaptur

Yes, this is November 28, 1898.

Wiktoria Lukaszewska

You got the day, December 15th. The year is “tausend acht hundert fünfzig und drei” or 1853.

Best
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:39 am      Post subject: Re: German - Birth Record of Wilhelm Möller

HelpTheFamily wrote:

Could you please attach the record?
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:44 am      Post subject: Re: German - Birth Record of Wilhelm Möller

Kmichael8 wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Could you please attach the record?

Added it.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:25 am      Post subject: Re: German - Birth Record of Wilhelm Möller

HelpTheFamily wrote:

Hi,

Please find attached a transcription of your record first. I am unsure about the places mentioned as well as about the family name of the godfather.

den 14 October Morgens 3 Uhr wurde dahier
gebohren Wilhelm, Nicolaus Möller Ein-
wohner und Maurers dahier (aus Bixxxhausen
gebürtig) et ux: Anna Catharina geb. Himmel-
mann, aus Bixxxhausen gebürtig) ehel[icher] Sohn
wurde getauft d[en] 21 October.
Gevatter war der Maurermeister Wilhelm
xxx aus Hausen am Main, der Schwager
und Geschwisterkind mit der Mutter des Kindes.

On October 14 at 3 o’clock in the morning was born Wilhelm, legitimate son of the inhabitant and mason Nicolaus Möller from here and his wife Anna Catharina, born Himmelmann. The parents were born in Bixxxhausen. The child was baptized on October 21, godfather was the master mason Wilhem xxx, brother-in-law and sibling of the child’s mother.

Hope, this helps.
Michael
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:37 am      Post subject: Re: German - Birth Record of Wilhelm Möller

Kmichael8 wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Hi,

Please find attached a transcription of your record first. I am unsure about the places mentioned as well as about the family name of the godfather.

den 14 October Morgens 3 Uhr wurde dahier
gebohren Wilhelm, Nicolaus Möller Ein-
wohner und Maurers dahier (aus Bixxxhausen
gebürtig) et ux: Anna Catharina geb. Himmel-
mann, aus Bixxxhausen gebürtig) ehel[icher] Sohn
wurde getauft d[en] 21 October.
Gevatter war der Maurermeister Wilhelm
xxx aus Hausen am Main, der Schwager
und Geschwisterkind mit der Mutter des Kindes.

On October 14 at 3 o’clock in the morning was born Wilhelm, legitimate son of the inhabitant and mason Nicolaus Möller from here and his wife Anna Catharina, born Himmelmann. The parents were born in Bixxxhausen. The child was baptized on October 21, godfather was the master mason Wilhem xxx, brother-in-law and sibling of the child’s mother.

Hope, this helps.
Michael

Thanks A lot.
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:20 am      Post subject: Translate Marriage Record of Nicolaus Möller

I’d appreciate if you can translate this record.

BF12F6CC-892E-4446-9EBC-C0ECEE34B56A.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  428.97 KB

BF12F6CC-892E-4446-9EBC-C0ECEE34B56A.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:34 am      Post subject: Re: Translate Marriage Record of Nicolaus Möller

HelpTheFamily wrote:
I’d appreciate if you can translate this record.

Hi,

Please find a transcription of your record first. It's the birth record of Eobald Möller. The name Eobald is quite uncommon. I would assume it’s a variant of Ewald and you might find this name in later records.

Best regards,
Michael

d[en] 12ten August Nachmittags 4 Uhr wurde gebohren
Eobald, Nicolaus Möller Maurer und
Einwohner von hier gebürtig, et ux. Anna
Catharina geb[orene] Himmelmai von hier gebür-
tig ehelicher Sohn, wurde getauft d[en] 18ten
August
Gevatter war Eobald Böttner Leineweber
und Beisitzer dahier, von hier gebürtig aber
nicht verwand.

On August 12 at 4 o’clock in the afternoon was born Eobald, legitimate son of the mason and inhabitant Nicolaus Möller, native of here, and his wife Anna Catharina born Himmelmai, native of here. Was baptized on August 18. Godfather was Eobald Böttner, linen weaver and juryman, native of here but not related.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 94, 95, 96  Next Page 70 of 96

Jump to: