PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:41 am      Post subject:

HelpTheFamily wrote:
Kmichael8 wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:
Also, If you have the time, Could you look for the surname Ernst in this parish:
https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/dresden/bautzen/10/?pg=93
If you do, please translate it. I’ll thank you a lot. Thanks!

Lucas: The link you provided covers marriages between mid-October and end of the year 1858. There is neither a groom nor a bride with the surname “Ernst” mentioned. Michael

If you could, could you look between 1856-1858?
I'm looking for my 2nd great grandfather's marriage. His name was Frederick Ernst. If that's not enough, his wife was Clementine Minnie Doerfeldt.

Lucas: I read through the years from 1855 til 1860. There is neither a groom "Friedrich Ernst" nor a bride "Clementine Minnie Doerfeldt" mentioned. What makes you believe they married in this parish during these years? Michael
Louie

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:56 am      Post subject: German translations

Church :St. Stanislaus Bishop and Martyr Place: Falkowice, Poland
Dambrowka 31 (or 21)Aug 1779
____ _______ ________ _____ ad(at) S(aint( Stanislaus Ep(iscopus, Bishop et (and) Mar(tyr) ____ _______________ _________ _________ Proclamation (Marriage Banns) _________ Martin Wełna
in Dambroowka with the young girl Hedwiga Smolarz(in) _____ _________
gartnar? in Dambrowka marriage joined. ______ ____ ______. ____
_____ ____ _____ __ __________ _______ ad administration ___ Reverend
Carolus Kraus and witnesss Joseph Sobania and Christofel Blanch.

Please transliterate and translate.
Thanks a bunch,
louie

Untitled.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Untitled.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:51 am      Post subject: Re: German translations

Louie wrote:
Church :St. Stanislaus Bishop and Martyr Place: Falkowice, Poland
Dambrowka 31 (or 21)Aug 1779
____ _______ ________ _____ ad(at) S(aint( Stanislaus Ep(iscopus, Bishop et (and) Mar(tyr) ____ _______________ _________ _________ Proclamation (Marriage Banns) _________ Martin Wełna
in Dambroowka with the young girl Hedwiga Smolarz(in) _____ _________
gartnar? in Dambrowka marriage joined. ______ ____ ______. ____
_____ ____ _____ __ __________ _______ ad administration ___ Reverend
Carolus Kraus and witnesss Joseph Sobania and Christofel Blanch.

Please transliterate and translate.
Thanks a bunch,
louie

Hi Louie,

The record has three sentences:

(1) Dombrowka d[en] 31ten Aug 1779 sind in allhiesiger Pfarr Kirche ad S: Stanislaum Ep: et Mart. nach geschehener Dreymaliger öffentlicher Proclamation der Häusler Martin Welna in Dombrowka, mit der Jungfer Hedwiga Smolarzin eine Häuslertochter in Dombrowka getraut worden. – On August 31, 1779, after the triple public proclamation of the banns, in the church Saint Stanislaus, Bishop and Martyr, in Dombrowka, were married the cottager Martin Welna and the virgin Hedwig Smolarz, daughter of a cottager.

(2) Actus ministerialis ist geschehen xxx des Raths H[erren] xxx administratora u[nd] Pfarrer Carolus Kraus. – I’m unsure about this sentence, but I assume it’s about the priest who performed the marriage, Carl Kraus. Maybe Dave can help.

(3) und Zeugen waren Joseph Sobania und Christofel Glanck. – Witnesses were Joseph Sobania und Christofel Glanck.

Hope this helps,
Michael
Blue

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:42 pm      Post subject: Marianna Mandry - Birth Record 1841

Hi Michael.

Can you please help me to transcribe this birth record for Marianna Mandry? Would you please also transcribe the header row for me? I know what the headers mean (from your previous help), I just cannot read them.

I have translated the record entry as follows:

Year: 1841
Nr = Act: 30
Place: Gross Butschkau
Parent names: Ignatz Mandry, Schneider, Johanna geboren Faltin = Ignacy Mandry, tailor, Johanna nee Faltin
Child's name: Mariana
Date of birth: neunten / 9 / Juni = 9 June 1841
Date of baptism: ___ 13 ejusd = 13 June 1841
Statistics: legitimate female child
Person who performed the baptism: dito = ____ Hertel
Baptismal sponsor: Rofa Rogosf, ___, Hedwig ____, Lorenz ____

Mariana Mandry - birth 1841.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1014.67 KB

Mariana Mandry - birth 1841.png

Blue

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:00 am      Post subject: Susanna Kalfa - Birth 1849

Hi again Michael

I think I have just found the birth record for Susanna Kalfa, who I was researching previously.

I have translated it as follows and would really appreciate your help to fill in the gaps and potentially to explain if her father is identified:

Year: 1849
Nr = Act: 48
Parent names: Francisca Kalfa ____
Child's name: Susanna
Date of birth: 18 September 1849
Date of baptism: 20 September 1849 _____
Statistics: ____
Person who performed the baptism: dito = ____
Baptismal sponsor: Catharina Kalfa ____, Josepha ____, Jacub ____, Joseph ____

Susanna Kalfa - birth 1849.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB

Susanna Kalfa - birth 1849.png

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:27 am      Post subject: Re: Marianna Mandry - Birth Record 1841

Blue wrote:
Hi Michael.

Can you please help me to transcribe this birth record for Marianna Mandry? Would you please also transcribe the header row for me? I know what the headers mean (from your previous help), I just cannot read them.

I have translated the record entry as follows:

Nr = Act: 30
Parent names: Ignatz Mandry, Schneider, Johanna geboren Faltin = Ignacy Mandry, tailor, Johanna nee Faltin
Child's name: Mariana
Date of birth: neunten / 9 / Juni = 9 June 1841
Date of baptism: ___ 13 ejusd = 13 June 1841
Statistics: legitimate female child
Person who performed the baptism: dito = ____ Hertel
Baptismal sponsor: Rofa Rogosf, ___, Hedwig ____, Lorenz ____

Hi Blue,

I added the header and the few blanks you left:

N[ume]ro / No. = Act: 30

Namen der Ortschaften / Names of the Places: Gross Butschkau

Vor- und Zunamen der Eltern und Stand derselben / Given and Family Names of the Parents and their Status: Ignatz Mandry, Schneider, Johanna geboren Faltin = Ignacy Mandry, tailor, Johanna nee Faltin

Namen der Kinder / Names of the Children: Mariana

Tag und Monat / Day and Month
    der Geburt / of the Birth: neunten / 9 / Juni = 9 June 1841
    der Taufe / of the Baptism: 13 ejusd = 13 June 1841

Knaben / Boys:
    eheliche. / legitimate
    uneheliche. / ilegitimate
    todtgeboren. / stillborn

Mädchen
    eheliche. / legitimate = 1
    uneheliche. / ilegitimate
    todtgeboren. / stillborn

Von wem die Taufe vollzogen wurde. / Who performed the baptism: dito = Herr Pfarrer [pastor] Hertel

Namen der Pathen. Names of the Godparents: Roha Rogoss, Jungfer, Hedwig Kopka, Lorenz Fiotka, Dreschgärtner.

Here you will find a short and helpful description of a “Dreschgärtner”: http://ahnen.stoklossa.de/weitere-infos/berufe/

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:10 am      Post subject: Re: Susanna Kalfa - Birth 1849

Blue wrote:
Hi again Michael

I think I have just found the birth record for Susanna Kalfa, who I was researching previously.

I have translated it as follows and would really appreciate your help to fill in the gaps and potentially to explain if her father is identified:

Parent names: Francisca Kalfa ____
Date of baptism: 20 September 1849 _____
Statistics: ____
Person who performed the baptism: dito = ____
Baptismal sponsor: Catharina Kalfa ____, Josepha ____, Jacub ____, Joseph ____

Hi Blue,

I filled the gaps and yes, you will learn about the father:

Parent names: Francisca Kalfa xxx [unsure about this adjective] Dienstmagd / maid
Date of baptism: 20 September 1849
Statistics: The child is classified as femal and ilegitimate, the entry was overwritten in 1856: “Die Tochter Susanna ist durch gerichtliche Erklärung des Vaters Johann Slaviok d.J. Beuthen 1.ten October 1856 legitimiert. Reichthal den 18.ten October 1856.” = The daughter Susanna is by court declaration of the father Johann Slaviok d.J.[unsure about this acronym, but obviously the court was in Beuthen] Beuthen, October 1, 1856 legitimized. Reichthal, October 18, 1856. [Signature of the pastor]
Person who performed the baptism: dito = H[err] Kapellan Skwara
Baptismal sponsor: Catharina Kalfa, Jungfer, Josepha Ehef[rau] des Dienstknechts Jacob Cierbka, Joseph Sklarek, Einlieger

Best regards,
Michael
Blue

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:38 am      Post subject: Maria Oszczeda Kokot - death 1856

Hi Michael
Thanks again for your help - I very much appreciate it.

I have a death record for Maria Kokot, but I cannot read very much of it other than names and places, and would appreciate your help. I can only read the following:

Parish: Türkwitz = Turkowy
Year: 1856
Act number: 2
Datum ___: Januar 14
Details: ___ Januar (1856) ___ Gohle ____ Maria Kokot, geboren Oszczeda ____ Jan 16 ____
Statistics: legitimate female [?]
Comments 1: ____
Comments 2: Maria Kokot geb. Oszczeda

Maria Oscenda Kokot - death 1856.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.74 MB

Maria Oscenda Kokot - death 1856.png

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:10 am      Post subject: Re: Maria Oszczeda Kokot - death 1856

Blue wrote:
Hi Michael
Thanks again for your help - I very much appreciate it.

I have a death record for Maria Kokot, but I cannot read very much of it other than names and places, and would appreciate your help. I can only read the following:

Details: ___ Januar (1856) ___ Gohle ____ Maria Kokot, geboren Oszczeda ____ Jan 16 ____
Statistics: legitimate female [?]
Comments 1: ____

Hi Blue,

You will find that most of the text is used for the date:

Details: den vierzehnten Januar (1856) Ein Tausend achthundert sechs und fünfzig starb in Gohle die Häuslersfrau [the cottager’s wife] Maria Kokot, geborene Oszczeda und wurde den 16ten huius [Jan 16] begraben
Statistics: legitimate female [?] [The column is titled “Civil” the other one “unehelich”, hence it might as you assumed mean legitimate.]
Comments 1: Geschwulst [Provides the cause of death: growth]

Best regards,
Michael
Blue

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:52 pm      Post subject: Re: Maria Oszczeda Kokot - death 1856

Kmichael8 wrote:
... Parish: Türkwitz = Turkowy
Details: den vierzehnten Januar (1856) Ein Tausend achthundert sechs und fünfzig starb in Gohle...

Hi Michael
Thanks for your help.
Would it be right to assume that if Maria died in Gohle = Gola, and the death/burial record is held in the Türkwitz = Turkowy parish, that Maria was buried in the Turkowy parish cemetery? Or would she have been buried on farmland or elsewhere?
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:58 am      Post subject: Re: Maria Oszczeda Kokot - death 1856

Blue wrote:
Kmichael8 wrote:
... Parish: Türkwitz = Turkowy
Details: den vierzehnten Januar (1856) Ein Tausend achthundert sechs und fünfzig starb in Gohle...

Hi Michael
Thanks for your help.
Would it be right to assume that if Maria died in Gohle = Gola, and the death/burial record is held in the Türkwitz = Turkowy parish, that Maria was buried in the Turkowy parish cemetery? Or would she have been buried on farmland or elsewhere?

Hi Blue,

Yes, it's right to assume that Maria was buried in the Turkowy parish cemetery and not on framland or elsewhere.

Best
Michael
HelpTheFamily

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:14 am      Post subject:

Is there a person born in December of 1869 with the last name of Matys in this registration:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C3QB-L3WT-3?cat=3047690
TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:06 am      Post subject: Re: German Records Translation

TedMack wrote:
Kmichael8 wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Michael

I should start with an apology for sending so many records at once. I'm having difficulty locating the death record of August Bilinski in Poznan so was hoping there may be some details in these records of his children's marriages that may assist. From the records I sent the other week I know he was alive when his son was born in 1879, and that he had died in Fort VI by the time of his daughters marriage in 1892. He appears to have been married possibly 3 times (I can only locate 2 at the moment although his first 2 wives have Magdalena as first names {maybe the surnames are not right?]).

If you can translate the attached records please. I'll need to send over 3 requests.

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted

You try to learn about the Bilinski family, hence I’ll focus on their parts in the records first. Among the witnesses on the second pages is no Bilinski mentioned. Please do let me know if you need additional details.

The information provided in the records about August and his wives are confusing indeed. I think the main problem is sometimes you find a note that a person is deceased and sometimes not - although he or she is. Maybe resulting from misunderstandings. Looking at all the records my working assumption would be as follows:

According to the Poznan project August Bilinski and Magdalena Adamiak married in 1849. These are the parents of Johann, born in 1851. When Thomas was born in 1858 the parents were August Bilinski and Magdalena Szafranska. Hence it seems as if Magdalena Adamiak died in the 1850ies and August remarried. Magdalena Szafranska also gave birth to Anton in 1861, to Josepha in 1865 and to Constantia in 1868. Magdalena Szafranska died in Bogucice near Kalizc before her son Thomas married in July 1883. Maybe as early as around 1870. August remarried again in 1871: According to the Poznan project the widowed August Bilinski and the widowed Franciszka Paprzycka, born Ławińska, married in 1871. Their son Franz was born in 1879. August died in Solacz county Posen ( :Fort VI: ) before February 1892.

Best regards,
Michael

Thanks very much Michael, that helps a lot.

I am related to Franciszka Paprzycka through her first marriage and partially through the second marriage. As you can see from the locations that Augustyn moved around a lot, Franciszka Paprzycka and Augustyn also had a daughter Jadwiga Biliński in Trzebin (Trzebinia?) village in Grand Duchy of Posen on 27 Jul 1875. My Grandfather married Jadwiga in 1899 (she was living in Bogucice) and when she died in 1904 he then married Jadwiga's step niece (my Grandmother) in 1905.

From the history you have provided with the translations I now know that Augustyn died after Oct 1886 and before Feb 1892, so that narrows the search period. The bit that throws me is that he died in Solacz County, but Fort VI is in Winiary. I have searched through the Poznan civil records under "Urząd Stanu Cywilnego Poznań - obwód miejski" which I thought were for Winiary but could not locate a record. I suppose I'll have to write to the Poznan Archives and ask if they can assist.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers
Ted

G'day Michael

The Poznan Archives were able to help and have located the record for Augustyn Bielinski - can you please translate.

Cheers
Ted

Death Augustyn Bielinski 1888 - record 86 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  655.85 KB

Death Augustyn Bielinski 1888 - record 86 (2).jpg

TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:47 am      Post subject: German Records Translation

G'day Michael

Can you translate the attached Marriage record please. It is a very poor scan and hopefully you can read it, I've tried to improve the quality and also provide a crop of the record. Also I've attached how the record is indexed on FamilySearch.

Cheers
Ted

Marriage Johann Hammerling 1839 - record 1 (index).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.71 KB

Marriage Johann Hammerling 1839 - record 1 (index).jpg

Marriage Johann Hammerling 1839 - record 1 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.44 KB

Marriage Johann Hammerling 1839 - record 1 (crop).jpg

Marriage Johann Hammerling 1839 - record 1 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  537.1 KB

Marriage Johann Hammerling 1839 - record 1 (2).jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:48 am      Post subject: Re: German Records Translation

TedMack wrote:

G'day Michael

The Poznan Archives were able to help and have located the record for Augustyn Bielinski - can you please translate.

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted

Please find attached the translation:

of the record

C. No. 86.
Winiary, on November 12, 1888.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the district commissioner [“Distrikts-Komissarius”] Carl Walther, residing in Posen, Schützenstraße No. 23, and gave notice that

the worker August Bielinski, 63 years old, of unknown religion, residing in Solacz / Fort VI, born in Dombrowka, county Gostin, whether married unknown, son of unknown and his wife unknown, died in Solacz / Fort VI, on November 12, 1888 at 8.30 o’clock a.m. The informant declared that he is making the report out of his own science.

Read aloud, approved, and signed
Carl Walther
The registrar of the district Schönherrnhausen.
Beisert.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Winiary, on November 12, 1888
The registrar.
Beisert.

of the note on the right margin

Winiary, on November 12, 1888.

The undersigned registrar received a note from the Royal District Office II in Posen [reference no.] today, in which is communicated in addition to the adjacent entry that

the deceased worker August Bielinski was born on August 11, 1822 in Skalow, county Krotoschin, and was married with Francisca born Lawinska, now residing in Bogonice near Kalisch.

The registrar of the district Schönherrnhausen.
Beisert.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Winiary, on November 26, 1888
The registrar.
Beisert.

Best regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 76 of 95

Jump to: