PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
Author

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:33 am      Post subject: Re: Land Record in German?

jajan wrote:
Michael, Sophia, Barb and/or anyone who would like to chime in: I found this record on Family Search under images for “ Mierunsken, Oletzko, East Prussia, Prussia, Germany”.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSP2-BQWH-K?view=explore&groupId=M9F4-TD6

It is entitled land records 1825. Would you be able to try to explain what it is, translate the headings, translate the entry for Fritz Rudzinsky/Rudzewsky (5th one down) and possibly take a guess at the last name of the entry above Fritz’s which looks like Johann P?. I would appreciate any help and have included the cover page. Thank-You, jajan.

Here is the cover page:

IMG_1213.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.82 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

IMG_1213.jpeg

Kmichael8

Replies: 548

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:06 pm      Post subject: Re: Land Record in German?

jajan wrote:
Michael, Sophia, Barb and/or anyone who would like to chime in: I found this record on Family Search under images for “ Mierunsken, Oletzko, East Prussia, Prussia, Germany”.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSP2-BQWH-K?view=explore&groupId=M9F4-TD6

It is entitled land records 1825. Would you be able to try to explain what it is, translate the headings, translate the entry for Fritz Rudzinsky/Rudzewsky (5th one down) and possibly take a guess at the last name of the entry above Fritz’s which looks like Johann P?. I would appreciate any help and have included the cover page. Thank-You, jajan.

Hi jajan,

This document is a land register (‘Grundbuch‘). The page you attached is from the index. You will find the name of the village (‘Giesen’), the name of the first person who was entitled (Fritz Rudzinsky), when he was entitled (in the year 1780), where you will find the details (see under no. 26) and who is the current holder of this title (there were two of them: Gottl[ieb] and Jo? [might be Johann or Joseph] Rudzinsky).

The title in question is an 'Erbverschreibung'. This term refers to the contractual agreement for the privatization of state-owned property. For the details you might have a look at the images 117 to 119 of this document.

I would read the name in the line above Fritz's as Plesska or Plewka.

Best
Michael
jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:48 pm      Post subject: Re: Land Record in German?

Kmichael8 wrote:
jajan wrote:

Hi jajan,

This document is a land register (‘Grundbuch‘). The page you attached is from the index. You will find the name of the village (‘Giesen’), the name of the first person who was entitled (Fritz Rudzinsky), when he was entitled (in the year 1780), where you will find the details (see under no. 26) and who is the current holder of this title (there were two of them: Gottl[ieb] and Jo? [might be Johann or Joseph] Rudzinsky).

The title in question is an 'Erbverschreibung'. This term refers to the contractual agreement for the privatization of state-owned property. For the details you might have a look at the images 117 to 119 of this document.

I would read the name in the line above Fritz's as Plesska or Plewka.

Best
Michael

Thank-You, Michael! This is very helpful. It is amazing how your providing the basic translations and insight on the structure of the document turns something unintelligible into a perspective on the document. Sincerely, jajan.
Dimax

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:34 pm      Post subject: 1877 East Prussian marriage

Hello Michael,

If possible can you provide a full translation of this 1877 East Prussian marriage between Hyppolit Tyliczki and Marrianna Podsiadlowska. I am most interested in the bride's information. Thank you,

Dimax

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pg&id=1146&sy=1877b&kt=1&plik=008.jpg
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:53 am      Post subject: Re: 1877 East Prussian marriage

Dimax wrote:
Hello Michael,

If possible can you provide a full translation of this 1877 East Prussian marriage between Hyppolit Tyliczki and Marrianna Podsiadlowska. I am most interested in the bride's information. Thank you,

Dimax

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pg&id=1146&sy=1877b&kt=1&plik=008.jpg

Hello Dimax,

Please find attached the translation:

B. No. 6.
Groß Lensk, on September 9, 1877.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. The carpenter [Tischler] Hyppolit Tyliczki, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on October 21, 1855 in Kapusta /Poland/, residing in Bialutten Dorf [the village Bialutten], son of the farmer [Wirth] Casimir Tyliczki, deceased in Jablonowo, and his surviving wife Victoria Tyliczka born Chodzinska, residing in Jablonowo.

2. The unmarried Marianne Podsiadlowska, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on February 28, 1857 in Groß Lensk Gut [the estate Groß Lensk], residing in Groß Lensk Gut, daughter of the farmer [Hofmann] Johann Podsiadlowski and his wife Anna Podsiadlowska born Galazna, residing in Groß Lensk Gut.

As witnesses:

3. The cottager [Instmann] Paul Snibniewski, of known identity, 35 years old, residing in Groß Lensk Gut.

4. The cottager [Instmann] Joseph Bulzak, of known identity, 28 years old, residing in Groß Lensk Gut.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, approved, and from Hyppolit Tyliczki and Marianne Podsiadlowska because they cannot write marked with their signs, signed by the witnesses.
[Signatures].
The registrar.
[Signature].

Best regards,
Michael
Dimax

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:03 pm      Post subject: Re: 1877 East Prussian marriage

Hello Dimax,

B. No. 6.

1. The carpenter [Tischler] Hyppolit Tyliczki, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on October 21, 1855 in Kapusta /Poland/, residing in Bialutten Dorf [the village Bialutten], son of the farmer [Wirth] Casimir Tyliczki, deceased in Jablonowo, and his surviving wife Victoria Tyliczka born Chodzinska, residing in Jablonowo.

2. The unmarried Marianne Podsiadlowska, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on February 28, 1857 in Groß Lensk Gut [the estate Groß Lensk], residing in Groß Lensk Gut, daughter of the farmer [Hofmann] Johann Podsiadlowski and his wife Anna Podsiadlowska born Galazna, residing in Groß Lensk Gut.

As witnesses:

3. The cottager [Instmann] Paul Snibniewski, of known identity, 35 years old, residing in Groß Lensk Gut.

4. The cottager [Instmann] Joseph Bulzak, of known identity, 28 years old, residing in Groß Lensk Gut.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, approved, and from Hyppolit Tyliczki and Marianne Podsiadlowska because they cannot write marked with their signs, signed by the witnesses.
[Signatures].
The registrar.
[Signature].

Best regards,
Michael[/quote]
Dimax

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:13 pm      Post subject: Re: 1877 East Prussian marriage

Hello Dimax,

B. No. 6.

As witnesses:

[Signatures].
The registrar.
[Signature].

Best regards,
Michael[/quote]
Dimax

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 pm      Post subject:

Apologies for the previous repeat posts. I was trying-quite unsuccessfully-to thank you. You are very generous with your talent.

I have another document. if you could give a full translation that would be wonderful.

Death certificate 1892 Gr. Lensk
Anna Podsiadlowska nee Galązka (and many other spellings) age 72
Daughter of Matias and Marianne.
Not sure who lived in Bialutten?

Thanks again
Dimax

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pg&id=1486&se=&sy=1892c&kt=1&plik=022.jpg&x=NaN&y=NaN&zoom=1.42
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:47 am      Post subject:

Dimax wrote:
Apologies for the previous repeat posts. I was trying-quite unsuccessfully-to thank you. You are very generous with your talent.

I have another document. if you could give a full translation that would be wonderful.

Death certificate 1892 Gr. Lensk
Anna Podsiadlowska nee Galązka (and many other spellings) age 72
Daughter of Matias and Marianne.
Not sure who lived in Bialutten?

Thanks again
Dimax

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pg&id=1486&se=&sy=1892c&kt=1&plik=022.jpg&x=NaN&y=NaN&zoom=1.42

Hello Dimax,

You’re welcome.

C. No. 22.
Klein Lensk, on December 22, 1892.

In front of the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the laborer [Arbeiter] Johann Koslowski, residing in Gross Lensk Dorf, and gave notice that

Anna Podsiadlowski, born Galoska, 72 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Gross Lensk Gut, born in Bialutten county [Kreis] Neidenburg, daughter of the deceased farmer [Wirth] Matias Galoska and his wife Mariana (her father’s name unknown) died in Gross Lensk county [Kreis] Neidenburg on December 21, 1892 at 6 o’clock p.m.

Read aloud, approved, and signed
Johan Koslowski.
The registrar.
[Signature].

According to the comment on the right Anna died in Gross Lensk, the word Bialutten was deleted.
According to the comment on the bottom of the page this was the last record filed in 1892.

Best regards,
Michael
briankaess

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:58 pm      Post subject: Need Translation of Marianna Kordula Civil Death Record

Need a Translation of Marianna (Pielczyk) Kordulla Civil Death Record in 1884 in Markowitz, Upper Silesia. I believe her Mother is mentioned as Agnes Kloshek. I need an age at death, please. The last name has also been spelled Piela in her sibling group.
Yours,
Brian

Marianna Pielczik Kordulla Civil Death Record 1884.jpg
 Description:
1884 Marianna Pielczyk Kordulla Civil Death Record from Markowitz, Upper Silesia.
 Filesize:  1.47 MB

Marianna Pielczik Kordulla Civil Death Record 1884.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:19 am      Post subject: Re: Need Translation of Marianna Kordula Civil Death Record

briankaess wrote:
Need a Translation of Marianna (Pielczyk) Kordulla Civil Death Record in 1884 in Markowitz, Upper Silesia. I believe her Mother is mentioned as Agnes Kloshek. I need an age at death, please. The last name has also been spelled Piela in her sibling group.
Yours,
Brian

Marianna Kordulla, born Pielczyk, 72 years old, the widow of the retired farmer Blasius Kordulla, the daughter of the deceased farmer Jacob Pielczyk and his deceased wife Agnes, born Klosek, died on 30 September 1884 in Adamowitz, where she was born and lived, too.

Best
Michael
Ted55

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:59 am      Post subject:

Hello,

It's fascinating to delve into family history and trace these generational links. It reminds me of my recent Twitter searches for similar historical documents. Finding these specific details can really enrich our understanding of our roots and family heritage.
Visit poster's website
alexlevinuk

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 pm      Post subject:

hello, i would really appriciate if someone would help me to transcribe/translate this marriage record from 1907. thank you so much in advance!

Last edited by alexlevinuk on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexlevinuk

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:49 pm      Post subject:

hello, i would really appriciate if someone would help me to transcribe/translate this marriage record from 1907. thank you so much in advance! (first record number 27 for Azril and Etel).

C15191A2-9340-4343-8667-309DE74D7E07.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.67 MB

C15191A2-9340-4343-8667-309DE74D7E07.jpeg

charlie3747

Replies: 35

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am      Post subject: Looking for German Translation

I am interested in having these records translated from German to English. I have downloaded them from Matricula Online.

I am willing to give a donation for the translation. They are of my 4th great grandfather: Karl Grotz born 1762 died 1833 in Augsburg, Germany.

Thank you very much for considering helping me on this research

Possible Birth Carl Grotz 1762.jpg
 Description:
The birthdate is the same and I think this say "Grotz" but his first name would have been Francisus Carolus.
 Filesize:  1.06 MB

Possible Birth Carl Grotz 1762.jpg

Karl Grotz Death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB

Karl Grotz Death.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95, 96  Next Page 94 of 96

Jump to: