PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 94, 95, 96  Next
Author

Replies: 35

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:29 am      Post subject: Looking for German To English Translation

These records are for my 4th Great grandmother. I appreciate you considering translating them for me.

Possible Franciska Heinle Birth.jpg
 Description:
Franciska Heinke is listed as her maiden name. The attached record is the same date of birth and first name.
 Filesize:  759.44 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Possible Franciska Heinle Birth.jpg

Kmichael8

Replies: 548

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:50 pm      Post subject:

alexlevinuk wrote:
hello, i would really appriciate if someone would help me to transcribe/translate this marriage record from 1907. thank you so much in advance! (first record number 27 for Azril and Etel).

Hello alexlevinuk

The groom: Azril Bilgraj, born in Panszowka, innkeeper [Proginationschänker], residing in Vagoczanka [unsure], son of Abraham Vute [unsure about the next two words] and of Hinde, innkeeper [Proginationspächter] in Vagoczanka [unsure], born in 1874, unmarried.

The bride: Etel Ladenheim, born in Zaleszczyki, daughter of Isak and Henie Lea [unsure about the next two words], house owner in Zaleszczyki, born in 1875, unmarried.

Groom and bride were married on 19 December 1907 in Jagielnica by Rabbi Jakob Reinman. The next column provides the names of the witnesses, the last column provides the information, why this record was filed: 1) The Rabbi Jakob Reinmann informed about the marriage and attached: 2) The Militärtax-Bemessungserkenntnis for the groom [a certificate about the tax he paid because he was not drafted into military service]. 3) The certificate of birth for the bride.

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:12 am      Post subject: Re: Looking for German Translation

charlie3747 wrote:
I am interested in having these records translated from German to English. I have downloaded them from Matricula Online.

I am willing to give a donation for the translation. They are of my 4th great grandfather: Karl Grotz born 1762 died 1833 in Augsburg, Germany.

Thank you very much for considering helping me on this research

Hello charlie3747,

Please find attached a translation

of Carls’ Latin baptism record:

On 20 August 1762 Franciscus Carolus (Franz Carl) from Briels was baptized, the legitimate son of Franciscus (Franz) Groz and Annastasia Hiemerin [the suffix -in indicates a female person, hence read Hiemer], witnesses were Joseph Waltterham from Odach and Anna Prestlerin [again with the suffix –in] from Streiffen [read Streifen].

of Carl’s German death record:

Carl Grotz, shoe maker, Catholic, residing in Heelen [probably Hehlen] house no. 277, married, died suddenly on the road from Kempten near [the church] Holy Cross, on 24 June 1833 at 10 o’clock and was buried on 26 June in the church yard, 70 years, 10 months old. The priest was Joseph Guggemos. Although he died near Kempten, he was buried here [in Altusried].

Francisca’s baptism record is hard to read. She was baptized on June 28th 1785 and from Neumühle. Her maiden name was not Heinle, but she married Carl Groz in 1814, being his second wife. You might have a look at the “Familienbuch mit Register” for additional details:

https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/augsburg/altusried/20-FB/?pg=166

Best regards,
Michael
charlie3747

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:31 am      Post subject: Michael. Thank you very much.

This is awesome and I really appreciate the time. Please tell me how I can pay for your time and effort

Fr Charles

Jesper

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:12 am      Post subject:

Hello.

Would really appreciate help with translation of this marriage record. Thank you so much for invaluable help in advance!

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/de/jednostka/-/jednostka/4771316
scan no 15

45_1152_0_2.4_67_41831379.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.57 MB

45_1152_0_2.4_67_41831379.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:58 am      Post subject:

Jesper wrote:
Hello.

Would really appreciate help with translation of this marriage record. Thank you so much for invaluable help in advance!

scan no 15

Hello Jesper,

Please find attached the translation:

B. No. 11.
Friedenthal, on 12 May 1906.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. The railway worker [Eisenbahnarbeiter] Franz Josef Hesse [the underline indicates he was called Franz], of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on 26 May 1883 in Giesmannsdorf, county [Kreis] Neisse, residing in Giesmannsdorf, son of the deceased worker Josef Hesse and his [surviving] wife Franziska, born Duda, residing in Giesmannsdorf.

2. The maid Maria Theresia Peche [called Maria], of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on 16 May 1885 in Franzdorf, county Neisse, residing in Giesmannsdorf, daughter of the deceased worker Josef Peche and his [surviving] wife Theresia, born Walke, residing in Korkwitz, county Neisse.

As witnesses:

3. The malting worker [Mälzerei Arbeiter] August Hesse, of known identity, 36 years old, residing in Giesmannsdorf.

4. The malting worker [Mälzerei Arbeiter] Paul Melcher, of known identity, 31 years old, residing in Giesmannsdorf.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

The worker Franz Hesse declared that he recognized the child Martha born to his wife on 1 August 1904 in Korkwitz, county Neisse, as his own.
Read aloud, approved, and signed.
[Signatures].
The registrar.
[Signature].

There are two cross references written in pencil at the end of the document. The first one refers to the birth of the daughter Martha (Record no. 34 of 1904, Civil Registry Office Reinschdorf), the second one refers to the second marriage (Record no. 1969 of 1942, Civil Registry Office: Bln [short for Berlin] Kreuzberg).

Best regards,
Michael
charlie3747

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:57 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for German Translation

Kmichael8 wrote:
charlie3747 wrote:
I am interested in having these records translated from German to English. I have downloaded them from Matricula Online.

I am willing to give a donation for the translation. They are of my 4th great grandfather: Karl Grotz born 1762 died 1833 in Augsburg, Germany.

Thank you very much for considering helping me on this research

Hello charlie3747,

Please find attached a translation

of Carls’ Latin baptism record:

On 20 August 1762 Franciscus Carolus (Franz Carl) from Briels was baptized, the legitimate son of Franciscus (Franz) Groz and Annastasia Hiemerin [the suffix -in indicates a female person, hence read Hiemer], witnesses were Joseph Waltterham from Odach and Anna Prestlerin [again with the suffix –in] from Streiffen [read Streifen].

of Carl’s German death record:

Carl Grotz, shoe maker, Catholic, residing in Heelen [probably Hehlen] house no. 277, married, died suddenly on the road from Kempten near [the church] Holy Cross, on 24 June 1833 at 10 o’clock and was buried on 26 June in the church yard, 70 years, 10 months old. The priest was Joseph Guggemos. Although he died near Kempten, he was buried here [in Altusried].

Francisca’s baptism record is hard to read. She was baptized on June 28th 1785 and from Neumühle. Her maiden name was not Heinle, but she married Carl Groz in 1814, being his second wife. You might have a look at the “Familienbuch mit Register” for additional details:

https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/augsburg/altusried/20-FB/?pg=166

Best regards,
Michael

Carl Grotz family listing of wives.jpg
 Description:
Michael

Here are the two names of Carl Grotz' wives. The second, Franciska is who I a descendant.
 Filesize:  775.89 KB

Carl Grotz family listing of wives.jpg

Carl Grotz Family full page.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  932.42 KB

Carl Grotz Family full page.jpg

Jesper

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:49 pm      Post subject:

Kmichael8 wrote:
Jesper wrote:
Hello.

scan no 15

Hello Jesper,

B. No. 11.
Friedenthal, on 12 May 1906.

1. The railway worker [Eisenbahnarbeiter] Franz Josef Hesse [the underline indicates he was called Franz], of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on 26 May 1883 in Giesmannsdorf, county [Kreis] Neisse, residing in Giesmannsdorf, son of the deceased worker Josef Hesse and his [surviving] wife Franziska, born Duda, residing in Giesmannsdorf.

2. The maid Maria Theresia Peche [called Maria], of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on 16 May 1885 in Franzdorf, county Neisse, residing in Giesmannsdorf, daughter of the deceased worker Josef Peche and his [surviving] wife Theresia, born Walke, residing in Korkwitz, county Neisse.

As witnesses:

3. The malting worker [Mälzerei Arbeiter] August Hesse, of known identity, 36 years old, residing in Giesmannsdorf.

4. The malting worker [Mälzerei Arbeiter] Paul Melcher, of known identity, 31 years old, residing in Giesmannsdorf.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

The worker Franz Hesse declared that he recognized the child Martha born to his wife on 1 August 1904 in Korkwitz, county Neisse, as his own.
Read aloud, approved, and signed.
[Signatures].
The registrar.
[Signature].

There are two cross references written in pencil at the end of the document. The first one refers to the birth of the daughter Martha (Record no. 34 of 1904, Civil Registry Office Reinschdorf), the second one refers to the second marriage (Record no. 1969 of 1942, Civil Registry Office: Bln [short for Berlin] Kreuzberg).

Best regards,
Michael

Thank you so much! Also like to add how impressed I am by your knowledge in the old writing. May I ask how you learned it?

Best regards Jesper
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:21 am      Post subject: Re: Looking for German Translation

Hello Fr. Charles,

I had another look at the documents from Altusried:

Francisca Grotz, day laborer, Catholic, residing in Hehlen [also Heelen], widowed, died of stroke [Nervenschlag] on 4 April 1855 at 9 o’clock in the evening and was buried on 7 April. She was 71 years old:

https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/augsburg/altusried/9-S/?pg=139

Francisca was born on 28 June 1785 and married Carl Grotz on 24. June 1814. I read her maiden name as Hafermüller, but you will also find Haggenmiller. Her father’s given name was Clemens, her mother was Maria Anna Kiechle. The couple married on 4. July 1774:

https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/augsburg/altusried/25-FB-1/?pg=46

Clemens Haggenmiller died on 1 February 1806, 65 years old:

https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/augsburg/altusried/5-S/?pg=13

The family book lists two sons and two daughters, Francisca being the youngest of them:

https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/augsburg/altusried/20-FB/?pg=118

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Michael
charlie3747

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:25 am      Post subject: This helps a great deal

Michael

Thank you for all the additional information. Many blessings to you

Fr Charles

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:42 am      Post subject:

Jesper wrote:

Thank you so much! Also like to add how impressed I am by your knowledge in the old writing. May I ask how you learned it?

Best regards Jesper

Well, of course it helps to know the language. It also helps, that civil and church records are highly standardized, having more or less the same wording time and again. There are good tutorials available online, for example from the LDS. And the rest is – training.
Dimax

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm      Post subject: Theofil Podsiadłowski marriage

Good evening,

May I have a full translation of my great uncle's marriage-Theofil Podsiadłowski son of Freidrich and Anna nee Gołązka of Gross Lensk?

Thanks again,

Dimax

Screenshot_20240328_233406_Gallery.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.9 MB

Screenshot_20240328_233406_Gallery.png

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am      Post subject: Re: Theofil Podsiadłowski marriage

Dimax wrote:
Good evening,

May I have a full translation of my great uncle's marriage-Theofil Podsiadłowski son of Freidrich and Anna nee Gołązka of Gross Lensk?

Thanks again,

Dimax

Hello Dimax

Lautenburg, on 24 August 1889.

1. The cartwright [Stellmacher] Theofil Podsiadlowski, unmarried, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on 16 July 1864 in Groß Lensk, county [Kreis] Neidenburg, residing in Lautenburg, son of the cartwright [Stellmacher] Friedrich Podsiadlowski and his wife Anna Podsiadlowska, born Galoska, residing in Groß Lensk.

2. The unmarried Theofile Szinski, without profession, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on 14 October 1868 in Lautenburg, residing in Lautenburg,

Best regards,
Michael
jmcenaney

Replies: 58

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:36 pm      Post subject: Schnabeles from Baden

Hi, Michael.

I've been taking a break from the Schalkenbachs and have been working on some of the other German lines in my family tree. Here I have an entry from a church ledger (St. Stephens in Buffalo, NY) recording the death/burial of Maria Schnabele (birth name Ziegler) at the German Concordia Cemetery in Buffalo, NY. I wish the quality was better; I could barely decipher the language. Other notes I have, which hopefully make the translation easier:
--Only location she or any other Schnabele provide as to place of birth is Baden.
--38 years, 7 months, 8 days old on date of death
--Buried 25 Feb 1863, died 23 Feb
--Wife of Michael Schnabele
--Born 1823

The math isn't mathing but that's what I have.
Thank you!

maria Schnable from SS rec.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.45 KB

maria Schnable from SS rec.JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:19 am      Post subject: Re: Schnabeles from Baden

jmcenaney wrote:
Hi, Michael.

I've been taking a break from the Schalkenbachs and have been working on some of the other German lines in my family tree. Here I have an entry from a church ledger (St. Stephens in Buffalo, NY) recording the death/burial of Maria Schnabele (birth name Ziegler) at the German Concordia Cemetery in Buffalo, NY. I wish the quality was better; I could barely decipher the language. Other notes I have, which hopefully make the translation easier:
--Only location she or any other Schnabele provide as to place of birth is Baden.
--38 years, 7 months, 8 days old on date of death
--Buried 25 Feb 1863, died 23 Feb
--Wife of Michael Schnabele
--Born 1823

The math isn't mathing but that's what I have.
Thank you!

Hi, Jaime.

To start with, this is what I would read:

3) den 23. Febr[uar] starb Maria Schnäbele geb[orene] Ziegler aus Weingarten (Baden),
Ehefrau des w[eyland] Michael Schnäbele aus Dürrenbüchik (Baden) an der Lungen-
schwindsucht mit 38 Jahren 6 Mon[aten] 8 Tagen u[nd] wurde den 25. Feb[ruar] beerdigt

The bow above the ‘a‘ in Schnabele indicates an ’ä‘, hence read Schnäbele. I am unsure about the letter(s) before Michael, it might be a combination of ‘w’ + something, indicating ‘weyland’ or deceased. The name Dürrenbüchik was obviously a challenge for the church book writer, he might have meant Dürrenbüchig. Cause of death was consumption.

I assume this is Maria’s birth record from Weingarten:

http://www.landesarchiv-bw.de/plink/?f=4-1219524-265

According to this she was born on 14 August 1823 and baptized Anna Maria on 17 August. Her father was Christian Ziegler, citizen and master mason, the mother was Eva Barbara, born Völker.

The church books from Dürrenbüchig are also available online in the Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg. The name Schnäbele is mentioned several times.

Best regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 94, 95, 96  Next Page 95 of 96

Jump to: