PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:24 pm      Post subject: Hamburg Ship's Record

I'm trying to find out what the name of the town/village is on the record attached below. It's the one at the bottom left and looks like "Labornin." The image is from a German ship's record from 1880, but I believe that the actual place is, or was, in Poland. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 6.20.27 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  337.34 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 6.20.27 PM.png

plankiewicz69

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:22 am      Post subject: 1883 Record needing translation

I hope someone will be able to assist me with the translation of the attached document. I need all of it translated but am especially interested in the information written on the right hand side of the page. Thank you in advance for any help that may be provided.

With Gratitude
Tricia Lankiewicz

42898_srep100^024601-00248.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  951.58 KB

42898_srep100^024601-00248.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:14 am      Post subject: Re: 1883 Record needing translation

plankiewicz69 wrote:
I hope someone will be able to assist me with the translation of the attached document. I need all of it translated but am especially interested in the information written on the right hand side of the page. Thank you in advance for any help that may be provided.

With Gratitude
Tricia Lankiewicz

Hello Tricia,

This record is a birth certificate written in German:

A. No. 222.
Klein Zabrze, on July 16, 1883.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the brewer’s helper [Brauergehilfe] Paul Lenkiewicz, residing in Klein Zabrze, of Catholic religion, and gave notice that Anna Lenkiewicz, born Kosse, his wife, of Catholic religion, residing with him, the notice giver, in Klein Zabrze in his home, on July 12, 1883, at 5 o’clock in the afternoon gave birth to a male child, which was given the name Heinrich.
Read aloud, authorized and signed.
Paul Lenkiewicz.
The Registrar.
Hoffmann.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Klein Zabrze on July 16, 1883.
The Registrar.
Hoffmann.

The comment on the right was added later. It says:

The name of the notice giver and father of the child is “Peter Linkiewicz”, not Paul Lenkiewitsch, the mother’s maiden name is “Kussy”, not Kosse.
Registered on the order of the Royal Local Court [des Königlichen Amtsgerichts] at Zabrze from Dezember 15, 1904.
Klein Zabrze, on Januar 14, 1905. The Registrar. [Signature and approval].

Best regards,
Michael
plankiewicz69

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:46 am      Post subject: In regards to your translation...

Hello Michael,

I truly appreciate your quick response. Unfortunately this is just another dead end but at least I know for sure.

Thank you so very much
Tricia
Send e-mail
Louie

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 am      Post subject: GERMAN Translation

I need some help. Eventually I plan to send many records. One is Latin, maybe one in Polish and the rest is in German script. I do not know what to pay. Please charge me what you think. Thank you,
louie

090510-022819.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.52 MB

090510-022819.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:40 pm      Post subject: Re: GERMAN Translation

Louie wrote:
I need some help. Eventually I plan to send many records. One is Latin, maybe one in Polish and the rest is in German script. I do not know what to pay. Please charge me what you think. Thank you,
louie

Hello Louie,

You got most of it already. The second column gives place (Twardowa) and date (den 29 /neunundzwanzigsten/ Maij – May 29th) of the funeral. Maij is old German for Mai or May and the date was often written in figures and in words. The third column says: Carolina geborene Lamatsch verwitwete Philipczyk starb den 26ten sechsundzwanzigsten Maij. – Carolina born Lamatsch widowed Philipczyk died on May 26). She died of old age and her heirs (Erben) were the children.

Best regards,
Michael
Louie

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:51 pm      Post subject: GERMAN Translation

Thank you Michael,
Could you please clarify :
Is there a word between “verwitwete” and “Philipczyk?”
What is the word after “dur 26ten”? “haft”?
I am trying to learn and it is so difficult. It took me about 8 hours over several days to figure out that both of my great grandparents were blacksmiths. It was something like schmiedt. That beginning “sch”in Germnan script killed me!
Thanks again.
louie
Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:09 am      Post subject: Re: GERMAN Translation

Louie wrote:
Thank you Michael,
Could you please clarify :
Is there a word between “verwitwete” and “Philipczyk?”
What is the word after “dur 26ten”? “haft”?
I am trying to learn and it is so difficult. It took me about 8 hours over several days to figure out that both of my great grandparents were blacksmiths. It was something like schmiedt. That beginning “sch”in Germnan script killed me!
Thanks again.
louie

You're welcome, Louie.

No, there is no word between "verwittweten" and "Philipczyk", "verwittw eten" is just written with a kind of unmotivated break. You can see this in "Car olina" and "geb orene" too.

The word after "den 26ten" is "sechs" and continued "und zwanzigsten", so the figure is repeated in words.

Best regards,
Michael
Louie

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:34 am      Post subject: German Translation

Thank you again Michael.
How much to donate or send to you? You should get paid for doing all this even though you are gracious with your free time.
Privately I am at: [email protected]
Thanks again,
louie
Send e-mail
Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:03 pm      Post subject: Post Cards in German

I recently found some old family post cards with writing in German. I know they are not typical Genealogy documents, but can anyone assist with translation? This would be most appreciated.

Thank you---Kurt

76.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  702.91 KB

76.jpg

Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:07 pm      Post subject: Post Cards in German-part 2

I recently found some old family post cards with writing in German. I know they are not typical Genealogy documents, but can anyone assist with translation? This would be most appreciated.

Thank you---Kurt

74.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  617.88 KB

74.jpg

70.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  571.48 KB

70.jpg

78.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.47 KB

78.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:41 am      Post subject: Re: Post Cards in German

Kurt1322 wrote:

Thank you---Kurt

Kurt,

The postcard (your file 76) was stamped on August 22, 1917 between 9 and 10 o’clock a.m. It is marked as field post (Feldpost) within the stamp and written on top of the right side.

The right side of the card informs about the recipient who was Karl Schmidt, residing in Ottensen-Altona, Tauben-Str. No. 30, second floor on the right. Altona was an independent city at that time and is today part of Hamburg.

In the upper part of the card’s left side the information about the sender can be found: Abs[ender] Ldstrm [Landsturmmann] Karl Schmidt. Nieder-Rhein[isches]-Füsilier-Regt. No. 39, 3. Kompagnie, 1. Bataillon. Being a Landsturmmann meant to belong to the reserve or militia, hence Karl will have been in his early forties in 1917. His regiment was engaged in the Western front.

The card’s message is written upside down on the lower part of the card’s left side: “Liebe Eltern hatte endlich Gelegenheit mir zu schnigeln. Schicke es Euch zur Erinnerung an Euren Sohn. L[iebe] Grüße Karl.“ Dear parents, finally had an opportunity to spruce up myself. Send it to you in memory of your son. Best regards, Karl.

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 am      Post subject: Re: Post Cards in German-part 2

Kurt1322 wrote:

Thank you---Kurt

file 74:
das ist Lina i[h]ren Man[n] - that’s Lina’s husband

file 70:
Liebe Frida u[nd] Heinrich
Das hat Frau Knopp
auf dem Friedhof abgenommen
erst kom[m]t May. Lina. Maria.
Elfrida. Dina. Anita.

Dear Frida and Heinrich. That was removed from Mrs. Knopp at the cemetery. First comes May. [five names]

file 78:
Wir stehen an die
Planke auf den Hof
wor wier früher
gewo[h]nt haben, ich hat[t]e
auch Wesche um
Binden Müs[s]en dan[n]
war es auch noch heller
geworden mit Gruß
die Eltern
Line u[nd] Mutter ihr
Beine. Wollen garnich
Besser werden

The spelling in this text is a bit special and this is more an interpretation than a translation:
We are standing at the fence of the farm where we used to live. I had to put on additional clothes, but later the weather got better. Regards. The parents.
Line and mother’s legs. They won’t get better.
Louie

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:24 am      Post subject: German Translation

I need a little more help on this one.
Sorry the image is not more clear.
Thank you,
louie

d I. Rzonsa 1826.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB

d I. Rzonsa 1826.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:53 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation

Louie wrote:
I need a little more help on this one.
Sorry the image is not more clear.
Thank you,
louie

Louie,

You already got the second column.

The third one:
Ist Ignatz Rzonza Bauer zu Schwester-
witz hier beerdigt, der den 25. hujus [this month]
an Kolik gestorben.
Was Ignatz Rzonza, farmer in Schwester-
witz buried here, who deceased on the 25th of this month
of dysentery.

The fourth column gives the age: 35 years.

The fifth one the cause of death: An Kolik - of dysentery.

The sixth one: you got most of it. Francisa Schmidt [with “dt”] was “sein EWB” [sein Eheweib] – his wife.

That leaves the first column open. I can identify only fragments. It seems to start with: “Der 1ste bey” – the second line is illegible for me – the third seems to begin with “Kirchhof something” – the last line might be “beerdigt”. If you put all this fragments together it might mean something like: “This was the first burial at a new place.”

Best regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 18 of 95

Jump to: