PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:23 pm      Post subject: Re: German Translations-Pictures

Kurt1322 wrote:
Can someone please help me with this translation?

Thank you,

Kurt

Zur freundlichen Erinnerung
an Deinen Bruder Karl nebst Frau
Herzliche Grüße an Deinen Mann
und Kinder
Mit herzlichem Gruß
Karl und Liesbeth

As friendly reminder to your brother Karl and wife
Kind greetings to your husband and children
With kind regards
Karl and Liesbeth
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:25 pm      Post subject: Re: Request

treich wrote:
Can someone please transcribe the marriage entry of my great-great-great grandparents Paul Treichel and Helen Golke? It is the last entry in the attached.

Junggesell und Schullehrer Paul Treichel aus Radzinken ist mit der Jungfer Hellen
Gollkin aus Radzinken am Dienstage Uhr drey [unsure about the last two words] d[en] 9ten Xbr [Decembris] in der Kirche
copuliert.
Schluß des 1818. Jahres.

Bachelor and school teacher Paul Treichel from Radzinken is married to virgin Hellena
Gollkin from Radzinken at three o’clock on Tuesday, December 9 [1818] in the church.
End of the 1818th year.
Moni

Replies: 28

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 am      Post subject: Marriage Record

I have a marriage record that has very poor resolution.

Here's what I know so far. Can someone fill in the details, or is the resolution making it too difficult?

"on June 9th
Bachelor Martin Zilke, ... ... the deceased ... George Zilke, ... in
Pruszin(?) --- with the maiden Catharina Tews - daughter of ... Tews in Pruszin(?)...
married.
Matthia Klaemmer and Adam Glaeske (?)"

From other sources I think I know Martin's parents were Georg Zilke and Marianne Fengler.
Catharina's parents were Georg Tews and Anny Zittlau. The marriage probably happened between 1814 and 1823.

I'm uploading the document twice. One is just the record I'm interested in. The other is the same record in the context of the whole page. Maybe the other record will give hints about the year or other helpful pieces of information.

Thanks for any effort/help!

Martin Zilke Catharina Tews copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  646.07 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Martin Zilke Catharina Tews copy.jpg

Martin Zilke Catharina Tews.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.88 MB

Martin Zilke Catharina Tews.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:02 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record

Moni wrote:
I have a marriage record that has very poor resolution.

Here's what I know so far. Can someone fill in the details, or is the resolution making it too difficult?

"on June 9th
Bachelor Martin Zilke, ... ... the deceased ... George Zilke, ... in
Pruszin(?) --- with the maiden Catharina Tews - daughter of ... Tews in Pruszin(?)...
married.
Matthia Klaemmer and Adam Glaeske (?)"

From other sources I think I know Martin's parents were Georg Zilke and Marianne Fengler.
Catharina's parents were Georg Tews and Anny Zittlau. The marriage probably happened between 1814 and 1823.

I'm uploading the document twice. One is just the record I'm interested in. The other is the same record in the context of the whole page. Maybe the other record will give hints about the year or other helpful pieces of information.

Thanks for any effort/help!

Hello Moni

Please find attached the German text:

Truszin, d.[en] 9. Jun.[i]
Junggesell Martin Zilke, hinterbliebener Sohn
des verstorbenen Mitnachbarn George Zilke, von Czer-
minoschen (?) Bergk, und nach vollzogenem Civil Act
in Truszin – mit der Jungfer Catharina Tews –
Tochter des Mitnachbarn Tews in Truszin, in
dem Lutherischen Bethause ehelich nach Christlichen
Gebräuchen eingesegnet, und copuliert. Zeugen
waren die [Land-]Wirthe Matthias Klammer u[nd] Adam
Glaeske.

And here the English version:

Truszin, on June 9th
Bachelor Martin Zilke, surviving son of the deceased Mitnachbar George Zilke from Czerminoschen (?) Bergk, and after civil marriage in Truszin – was consecrated by Christian customs and married with the maiden Catharina Tews – daughter of Mitnachbar Tews in Truszin, in the Lutheran prayer house. Witnesses were the farmers Matthias Klammer and Adam Glaeske.

There are several explanations for „Mitnachbar“. I would see it as a kind of umbrella term for tax paying inhabitants of a village, covering farmers as well as craftsmen or day laborers.

Hope this helps.

Best
Michael
German_96

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:05 pm      Post subject:

Hi, first time on the forum. I was wondering if anyone could translate this document into English? It’s my great-grandfather and I think his Mom but want to make sure. Thanks for the help!

50D036A5-7DBF-414E-950B-7F659CA35551.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.01 MB

50D036A5-7DBF-414E-950B-7F659CA35551.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:18 am      Post subject:

German_96 wrote:
Hi, first time on the forum. I was wondering if anyone could translate this document into English? It’s my great-grandfather and I think his Mom but want to make sure. Thanks for the help!

Hello

Please find attached the translation.

Best regards,
Michael

A No. 35 Zanow [Polish Sianów] on April 3, 1897.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the midwife Mrs. Guske Emilie, born Mundt, religion [this word is deleted on the document], residing in Zanow, and gave notice that from the unmarried factory worker Helena Specht, of Protestant religion, residing in Zanow in her home in Zanow on March 28 of the year thousand eight hundred ninety seven at five and a half o’clock a.m. a male child was born and that the child received the first names
Albert Fritz Ewald.
Mrs. Guske declared, that she was present during the confinement of Helena Specht. (One word deleted above [religion]).

Read aloud, authorized and signed
Mrs. Guske born Mundt

The Registrar
Kannenberg

The accordance with the main register is approved.
Zanow on April 3, 1897.
The Registrar.
Kannenberg
Louie

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:18 am      Post subject: German Translation

I am including three scans. The upper and lower part of a German text along with someone's translation. The document intrigues me. I assume this was like a "permission" to leave the country and had to be shown to board the ship. The phrase "under age" is assume is greater than Sebastian age at 16? Also, "who are under paternal authority" suggests that if one was not under such authority, one could not leave? On the bottom , left had side, If I transliterated correctly is is "Eutlaffungs –Urkunde". but cannot find Eutlaffungs in my German dictionaries but "Urkunde" is "certificate". Could you translate that? I assume that it might be where this form is registered. Thanks,
louie

W1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  860.33 KB

W1.jpg

Send e-mail
Louie

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 am      Post subject: German Translation

Part 2

w2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  853.49 KB

w2.jpg

Send e-mail
Louie

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 am      Post subject: German Translation

Part 3

w3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.69 MB

w3.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:56 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation

Louie wrote:
I am including three scans. The upper and lower part of a German text along with someone's translation. The document intrigues me. I assume this was like a "permission" to leave the country and had to be shown to board the ship. The phrase "under age" is assume is greater than Sebastian age at 16? Also, "who are under paternal authority" suggests that if one was not under such authority, one could not leave? On the bottom , left had side, If I transliterated correctly is is "Eutlaffungs –Urkunde". but cannot find Eutlaffungs in my German dictionaries but "Urkunde" is "certificate". Could you translate that? I assume that it might be where this form is registered. Thanks,
louie

Louie,

This document is a so called „Entlassungs-Urkunde“ or a discharge document. By receiving this document you were allowed to leave the country and at the same time you lost Prussian citizenship.

The Prussian provinces were structured in administrative units called “Regierungsbezirke”. One of them was Oppeln or Opole in Silesia. The discharge document was issued by the “Regierungs-Präsident” of the “Regierungsbezirk Oppeln” i.e. the president of the administrative unit of Opole.

In the 1890’s you reached full age in Prussia as well as in the German Empire with 21 years, so all the children mentioned on the document were under age.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Michael
Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 pm      Post subject: Death Record Help

Could someone please help me with translation please?

Thank you,
Kurt

1933-Maria Adele Schmidt DC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  562.3 KB

1933-Maria Adele Schmidt DC.jpg

Kurt1322

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 pm      Post subject: German Marriage

Thank you,
Kurt

1914-Elsie Margareth Schmidt MC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  844.13 KB

1914-Elsie Margareth Schmidt MC.jpg

Kurt1322

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:28 pm      Post subject: German Death

Thank you,
Kurt

1923-Elsie Margareth Schmidt DC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  583.87 KB

1923-Elsie Margareth Schmidt DC.jpg

Kurt1322

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:29 pm      Post subject: German Death Translation

Thank you,
Kurt

Carl Bernard DC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  534.52 KB

Carl Bernard DC.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:43 am      Post subject: Re: Death Record Help

Kurt1322 wrote:

Thank you,
Kurt

Kurt,

The record 1933-Maria Adele Schmidt DC is a death certificate written in German:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 1384.
Altona, on October 27, 1933.
[The printed text is crossed out: Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of … identity, residing in …] The administration of the Altona Municipal Hospital gave notice that the laborer Maria Adele Heins, born Schmidt, 50 years old, residing in Altona, Gärtnerstraße 108, born in Ottensen now Altona on August 25, 1883, a widow, in Altona in the above mentioned institution on October 26 of the year thousand nine hundred and thirty three at ten ¾ o’clock p.m. had died.
[The printed text is crossed out: Read aloud, authorized and …] 16 printed words crossed out above.
The Registrar.
As deputy
(Signature).

The comments on the right side of the document: “ohne“ (without), “k[eine] Info[rmation]” (no information) “2 Kinder” (two children). There are also references to her birth certificate: No. 458 of 1883 in Altona II, and to her certificate of marriage: April 7, 1908 no. 912 “hier” i.e. in Altona.
The comment on top of the document seems to be the cause of death. I am not sure about the first two words, the third word is “Kreislaufschwäche” (poor circulation).

It might be of interest for you that the city directories of Hamburg and the incorporated communities are available online:
https://www.sub.uni-hamburg.de/en/service/english.html
You will find that Maria Adele lived in the "Hinterhaus, II. Stock, Aufgang rechts" of Gärtnerstraße 108.

Best regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 20 of 95

Jump to: