PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:43 pm      Post subject: Death Record Help

Could someone please help me with these Death Record translations?

I would appreciate it very much

Thank you,

Kurt

Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Schmidt DC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  696.12 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Schmidt DC.jpg

Antje Karstens DC 1929.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  593.17 KB

Antje Karstens DC 1929.jpg

Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:04 am      Post subject: Re: Death Record Help

Kurt1322 wrote:
Could someone please help me with these Death Record translations?

I would appreciate it very much

Thank you,

Kurt

Death record of Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Schmidt

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 393.
Altona, on May 28, 1929.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, the identity approved based on proven expertise [auf Grund bewiesener Sachkenntnis] the wife Karolina Penndorf, born Schmidt residing in Altona, Kleine Lagerstraße 1, 6, II [i.e. she lived on the second floor of the sixth rear building] and gave notice that the cigar maker [Zigarrenarbeiter] Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Schmidt, 78 years old, residing in Altona, Taubenstr. 38, born in Süderstapel, county [Kreis] Schleswig on July 7, 1850, married with Antje Elisabeth Emilie, born Karstens, residing with him, in his residence [there is a comment on the left side inserted here, see below] on May 26 of the year thousand nine hundred twenty nine, in the afternoon at a quarter past four o’clock had died. The notice giver declared that she is informed of the above mentioned incidence from own science.
Read aloud, authorized and signed.
Karolina Penndorf, born Schmidt
The Registrar.
As deputy:
Schumacher.

The comment on the left side:
The day of death is not May 26, but May 27. Corrected before completion of registration.
Karolina Penndorf, born Schmidt
The Registrar.
As deputy:
Schumacher.

There are some remarks on top of the left side:
(1) Altersschwäche – died of old age
(2) Herzschwäche – heart weakness
(3) ?
(4) Test.[ament] nein – [might be:] no will
(5) verh.[eiratet] 6.8.71 / 77 – [might be:] he married on August 6, 1871, his wife is 77 years old
(6) 10 (4) großj.[ährige] Kinder – four of ten born children are still living and of age

Death record of Antje Elisabeth Emilie Schmidt, born Karstens

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 1287.
Altona, on August 23, 1929.

[The printed text is crossed out: Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of … identity, residing in …] The administration of the municipal hospital here [i.e. in Altona] gave notice that Antje Elisabeth Emilie Schmidt, born Karstens, without profession, 77 years old, residing in Altona, Kleine Lagerstraße 1 Haus 6 II [see comment above, she might have lived in the flat of Karolina Penndorf, born Schmidt], born in Tellingstedt, county [Kreis] Norderdithmarschen on March 5, 1852, widowed, in Altona in the above mentioned hospital on August 23 of the year thousand nine hundred twenty nine, in the morning at twelve and a half o’clock had died.
[The printed text is crossed out: Read aloud, authorized and …] 16 printed words crossed out above.
The Registrar.
As deputy:
(Signature).

There is a remark on the bottom of the left side: “Paralysis agitans” (parkinson's disease). On the right side is a remark “Zigarrenarbeiter” (cigar maker) and “4 gr. K.” (4 großjährige Kinder – four children of age)

It might be of interest for you that the city directories of Hamburg (including Altona) are available online:

http://agora.sub.uni-hamburg.de/subhh-adress/digbib/tree?sdid=c1:724170

You will find your relatives here.

Best regards,
Michael
Kurt1322

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:24 pm      Post subject: Picture Back

Could someone please assist me in translation of the words above the name in this photo?

Thank you,
Kurt

IMG_1512.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  984.37 KB

IMG_1512.jpg

Kurt1322

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:27 pm      Post subject: Marriage Translation

Can someone assist in the translation of this Marriage document?

Thank you,
Kurt

1890-Henry and Frieda Marriage-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  567.25 KB

1890-Henry and Frieda Marriage-1.jpg

1890-Henry and Frieda Marriage-2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  541.07 KB

1890-Henry and Frieda Marriage-2.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:06 am      Post subject: Re: Picture Back

Kurt1322 wrote:
Could someone please assist me in translation of the words above the name in this photo?

Thank you,
Kurt

There are two names and a date on this photo. The first name I read as “Elisabeth Breimann”, the second name as “Franz Wilh.[elm] Heising” and the date is “September 1928”.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage Translation

Kurt1322 wrote:
Can someone assist in the translation of this Marriage document?

Thank you,
Kurt

Kurt,

Please find the translation of the marriage document:

Page 1

B [indicating it’s a marriage record] No. 1285

Altona on September 16, 1890.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. the painter [Maler] Johann Heinrich Küper, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on May 22, 1866 in Rietberg, county [Kreis] Wiedenbrück, residing in Altona, Dennerstraße 2 III [third floor], son of the spouses glazier and painter [Glaser und Maler] Johann Heinrich Küper, whose his stay is unknown, and Therese, born Heising, deceased in Rietberg.

2. the laborer [Arbeiterin] Friederike Margarethe Wilhelmine Schmidt, of known identity, of Protestant religion, born on May 27, 1872 in Tellingstedt, county [Kreis] Norderdithmarschen, residing in Altona, Dennerstraße 2 III [third floor], daughter of the spouses cigar maker [Zigarrenarbeiter] Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Schmidt and Antje Elisabeth Emilie, born Karstens, residing in Altona, Ottensen.

Page 2

The following were present and appeared as witnesses:

3. the cigar maker [Zigarrenarbeiter] Gustav Hagen, his identity acknowledged by his military identity card [Militärpaß], 29 years old, residing in Altona, Wilhelmstraße 75

4. the tailor [Schneider] Heinrich Ahrends, his identity acknowledged by his marriage certificate [Trauschein], 55 years old, residing in Altona, Dennerstraße 2.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, authorized and signed
H. Küper
F. Küper born Schmidt
G. Hagen
H Ahrends

The Registrar.
As deputy:
(Signature).

Best regards,
Michael
Lainey_czar

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:00 am      Post subject: German death certificate

Hi please could you translate the following certificate for me? All I can make out is the dates and a couple of names but my high school German is no good for the rest of it in afraid. Many thanks in advance
Elaine Czarnecki-Wilson

42686_LUOP^311^S1945-00176.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1006.48 KB

42686_LUOP^311^S1945-00176.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:37 am      Post subject: Re: German death certificate

Lainey_czar wrote:
Hi please could you translate the following certificate for me? All I can make out is the dates and a couple of names but my high school German is no good for the rest of it in afraid. Many thanks in advance
Elaine Czarnecki-Wilson

Elaine,

Please find attached the translation of Anna Dziadyk's death record.

Best regards,
Michael

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 393.
Ludwigshafen am Rhein-Oppau, on March 15, 1945.

Anna Dziadyk
[of] Greek Catholic [religion]
residing in Ludwigshafen am Rhein-Oppau, Mozart-Straße No. 38,
died on March 15, 1945 at a quarter past one o’clock [a.m.]
in Ludwigshafen am Rhein-Oppau, Mozart-Straße No. 38.
The deceased was born on October 15, 1944
in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Camp IV (Lager IV) of the I.G. Farbenindustrie [a German chemical and pharmaceutical conglomerate]

[Civil registry office and number as well as name of father not provided]

Mother: Maria Dziadyk, factory worker (Betriebsarbeiterin)
residing in Ludwigshafen am Rhein-Oppau, Mozart-Straße No. 38.

[Next line crossed out: whether the deceased was married or not]

Registered on oral [crossed out: written] notification of the Kameradschafts-
führer [a rank in the “Hitler-Jugend” comparable to a sergeant] and interpreter Viktor Nartenka [unsure about the first letter of this name], residing in
Ludwigshafen am Rhein-Oppau, Mozart-Straße No. 38.
The notice giver was identified by his company ID card.
He declared that he is informed of the above mentioned incidence
from own science.

Viktor Nartenka
The Registrar.
As deputy:
Haas.

Cause of death: Bronchopneumonia (Bronchopneumonie)
[Date of marriage, civil registry office and number not provided]
Lainey_czar

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:29 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much, now to work out if and where it fits in!

Many thanks
Elaine
rfiorille

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 pm      Post subject: Schleswig-Holstein, Stare Dębno death act

I would appreciate help in deciphering and translating entry number 26 for Daniel Christoph Winter in these 2 attachments. I have circled the entries in red for clarity.

Thank you,
Robert Fiorille

Daniel Christof Winter death act 01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  985.12 KB
 Viewed:  1 Time(s)

Daniel Christof Winter death act 01.jpg

Daniel Christof Winter death act 02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  747.74 KB

Daniel Christof Winter death act 02.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:38 am      Post subject: Re: Schleswig-Holstein, Stare Dębno death act

rfiorille wrote:
I would appreciate help in deciphering and translating entry number 26 for Daniel Christoph Winter in these 2 attachments. I have circled the entries in red for clarity.

Thank you,
Robert Fiorille

Robert

Please find the translation of entry no 26 in the sequence of the columns:

[First attachment]

No 26 from Muttrin. As entry no 25 is from Zadtkow, I assume this is Muttrin (Polish Motarzyn) in the county of Belgard (“Kreis Belgard”).

The name of the deceased is Daniel Christoph Winter, he was a lodger (“Einlieger”). I am unsure about the place that is mentioned after "Einlieger".

The age of the deceased was 74 years, 3 months and 21 days.

The day of death was Wednesday, December 5, 8:30 o’clock a.m. (“Mittwoch den fünften (5.) Dezember. Vormittags 8 ½ Uhr.”)

Cause of death: old age and colic (“Altersschwäche und Kolik”)

[Second attachement]

The day of the burial was Sunday, December 9. (“Sonntag, den neunten (9.) Dezember”)

Possible heirs: His wife preceded him in death. He was survived by 3 sons and 1 daughter, all of them of age, the heirs (“Die Ehefrau verstarb bereits früher. 3 Söhne und 1 Tochter, sämtlich bereits majorenn, die Erben.“)

Remarks: Reported to the court on December 9, [18]55 (“Gerichts Anzeige geleistet den 9/12.[18]55 / [Signature]”)

Best regards,
Michael
rfiorille

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:19 am      Post subject: Re: Schleswig-Holstein, Stare Dębno death act

Kmichael8 wrote:
The name of the deceased is Daniel Christoph Winter, he was a lodger (“Einlieger”). I am unsure about the place that is mentioned after "Einlieger".

Thank you Michael. Your translation is greatly appreciated. Do you think the words after "Einlieger" could have anything to do with Daniel Christoph being a veteran?

Robert
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:44 am      Post subject: Re: Schleswig-Holstein, Stare Dębno death act

rfiorille wrote:
Kmichael8 wrote:

Thank you Michael. Your translation is greatly appreciated. Do you think the words after "Einlieger" could have anything to do with Daniel Christoph being a veteran?

Robert

You're welcome, Robert.

I would assume the words after "Einlieger" have something to do with his place of residence. It begins with an "aus" or from indicating to a location and followed by a double name, the first one starting with "W", the second one with "G".

Michael
rfiorille

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:02 am      Post subject: Re: Schleswig-Holstein, Stare Dębno death act

Quote:
You're welcome, Robert.

I would assume the words after "Einlieger" have something to do with his place of residence. It begins with an "aus" or from indicating to a location and followed by a double name, the first one starting with "W", the second one with "G".

Michael

Got it! Thank you again Michael!
jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:17 pm      Post subject: Translation of German Marriage Records

Could someone please translate the attached 2 marriage records that I think are in german? I can figure out the basic information but am missing some of the details and an understanding of the complete records. Both are from Lipusz parish in Pommeranian\Kashubian Poland. One is from 1835 for Mathias Krieger and Agnes Knitter. The other is for Johann Kruger and Augustina Rogalska from 1865. Your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Both records are available on genbaza if better quality is needed:
1835 Mathias Krieger and Agnes Knitter
http://metryki.genbaza.com/genbaza,detail,202840,129

1865 Johann Kruger and Augustina Rogalska
http://metryki.genbaza.com/genbaza,detail,86344,3

Thank-You!
jajan

Kruger-Rogalska 1865.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  368.8 KB

Kruger-Rogalska 1865.JPG

Krieger-Knitter 1835.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  389.03 KB

Krieger-Knitter 1835.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 23 of 95

Jump to: