PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:17 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of Marriage and Birth Record

jackiewisniewski wrote:
Good afternoon!

Could someone please translate the attached marriage record for Wojciech Knap & Barbara Witek, along with the birth record of their daughter Anna Marie? I understand what each section is for, and I can read the individual names of the people involved, but I'm having a horrible time translating everything else, especially the place names.

Hello Jackie

Please find attached

the marriage record of Adalbertus Knap and Barbara Witek

Page 1

Main register. B [indicating it’s a marriage record] No. 77

Oschersleben, on October 8, 1892.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. the miner [Bergmann] Adalbertus Knap, of known identity, of Roman-Catholic religion, born on February 14, 1865 in Dołęga, District Brzesko, Kingdom of Galicia, Empire of Austria, residing in Oschersleben, Jakobsberg No. 79 II [second floor], son of the worker [Arbeiter] Andreas Knap and his wife Katharina, born Purchla. She is residing in Dołęga, he died there

2. the unmarried Barbara Witek, worker [Arbeiterin], the identity approved based on the control slip being part of the notice of intended marriage [auf Grund des zum Aufgebot eingereichten Laufscheines anerkannt], of Catholic religion, born on December 25, 1868 in Garki, county [Kreis] Adelnau, residing in Neindorf, county Oschersleben, in the xxx [unsure about this word], daughter of the worker [Arbeiter] Andreas Witek and his wife Barbara, born Leja, both residing in Garki.

Page 2

The following were present and appeared as witnesses:

3. the miner [Bergmann] Paul Schweda, of known identity, 30 years old, residing in Oschersleben, Jakobsberg 79 II

4. the miner [Bergmann] Franz Globisch, of know identity, 28 years old, residing in Oschersleben, Jakobsberg 79 II.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, authorized and signed.
Adalbertus Knap, Barbara Knap, born Witek, Paul Schweda, Franz Globisch
The Registrar.
As deputy
(Signature).

and the birth record of Anna Maria Knap

A. Main register. No. 270.

Oschersleben, on July 18, 1893.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the midwife [Hebamme] Mrs. [Frau] Anna Luckmann, born Kunze, residing in Oschersleben, Kornstraße 8, of [no entry for her religion] religion, and gave notice that from

Barbara Knap, born Witek, wife of the worker [Arbeiter] Albert Knap, both of Catholic religion, residing in Oschersleben, Brauwinkel 4, in his residence,

in Oschersleben, in this residence, on July 17, 1893, at 3 o’clock in the afternoon a child of female gender was born and that the child received the first names Anna Maria.

The midwife Luckmann declared that she was present during the birth.

Anna Luckmann, born Kunze.
The Registrar.
As deputy.
(Signature)

Best regards,
Michael
jackiewisniewski

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:31 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of Marriage and Birth Record

Kmichael8 wrote:
jackiewisniewski wrote:
Good afternoon!

Could someone please translate the attached marriage record for Wojciech Knap & Barbara Witek, along with the birth record of their daughter Anna Marie? I understand what each section is for, and I can read the individual names of the people involved, but I'm having a horrible time translating everything else, especially the place names.

Hello Jackie

Please find attached

the marriage record of Adalbertus Knap and Barbara Witek

Page 1

Main register. B [indicating it’s a marriage record] No. 77

Oschersleben, on October 8, 1892.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. the miner [Bergmann] Adalbertus Knap, of known identity, of Roman-Catholic religion, born on February 14, 1865 in Dołęga, District Brzesko, Kingdom of Galicia, Empire of Austria, residing in Oschersleben, Jakobsberg No. 79 II [second floor], son of the worker [Arbeiter] Andreas Knap and his wife Katharina, born Purchla. She is residing in Dołęga, he died there

2. the unmarried Barbara Witek, worker [Arbeiterin], the identity approved based on the control slip being part of the notice of intended marriage [auf Grund des zum Aufgebot eingereichten Laufscheines anerkannt], of Catholic religion, born on December 25, 1868 in Garki, county [Kreis] Adelnau, residing in Neindorf, county Oschersleben, in the xxx [unsure about this word], daughter of the worker [Arbeiter] Andreas Witek and his wife Barbara, born Leja, both residing in Garki.

Page 2

The following were present and appeared as witnesses:

3. the miner [Bergmann] Paul Schweda, of known identity, 30 years old, residing in Oschersleben, Jakobsberg 79 II

4. the miner [Bergmann] Franz Globisch, of know identity, 28 years old, residing in Oschersleben, Jakobsberg 79 II.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Adalbertus Knap, Barbara Knap, born Witek, Paul Schweda, Franz Globisch
The Registrar.
As deputy
(Signature).

and the birth record of Anna Maria Knap

A. Main register. No. 270.

Oschersleben, on July 18, 1893.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the midwife [Hebamme] Mrs. [Frau] Anna Luckmann, born Kunze, residing in Oschersleben, Kornstraße 8, of [no entry for her religion] religion, and gave notice that from

Barbara Knap, born Witek, wife of the worker [Arbeiter] Albert Knap, both of Catholic religion, residing in Oschersleben, Brauwinkel 4, in his residence,

in Oschersleben, in this residence, on July 17, 1893, at 3 o’clock in the afternoon a child of female gender was born and that the child received the first names Anna Maria.

The midwife Luckmann declared that she was present during the birth.

Anna Luckmann, born Kunze.
The Registrar.
As deputy.
(Signature)

Best regards,
Michael

Thank you SOOO so much Michael! The town names are so important because I'm not sure what they were doing in Germany when their families were in Garki (where they first settled) and Dolega (where they ended up). I'm hoping by tracking their movements and learning more about those areas that I may develop some theories as to why they were so far from home. Thank you again!

Jackie
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:27 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of Marriage and Birth Record

jackiewisniewski wrote:

Thank you SOOO so much Michael! The town names are so important because I'm not sure what they were doing in Germany when their families were in Garki (where they first settled) and Dolega (where they ended up). I'm hoping by tracking their movements and learning more about those areas that I may develop some theories as to why they were so far from home. Thank you again!

Jackie

The bride’s residence was in Neindorf, followed by a word I was unsure about. It is “Kaserne” or barracks. In 19th century Neindorf “Kaserne” was used to describe the housing of hired hands. Please see the map of Neindorf in 1875 with „XX – Wohnhaus für die Lohnarbeiter (“Kaserne”)“ at: https://feuerwehr-neindorf.de/geschichte/

Good luck with your theories.
jackiewisniewski

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:11 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation of Marriage and Birth Record

Kmichael8 wrote:

The bride’s residence was in Neindorf, followed by a word I was unsure about. It is “Kaserne” or barracks. In 19th century Neindorf “Kaserne” was used to describe the housing of hired hands. Please see the map of Neindorf in 1875 with „XX – Wohnhaus für die Lohnarbeiter (“Kaserne”)“ at: https://feuerwehr-neindorf.de/geschichte/

Good luck with your theories.

Thank you again for this additional information Michael! Very Happy
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:04 am      Post subject:

I am hoping to get the attached death translated from Gniezno

Thanks.

josepha derlinski badoski death 1883.jpg
 Description:
death
 Filesize:  1.34 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

josepha derlinski badoski death 1883.jpg

a4u2fear

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:04 am      Post subject:

it's on the left side
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:09 pm      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
I am hoping to get the attached death translated from Gniezno

Thanks.

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 168.

Gnesen, on April 7, 1883.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the worker’s wife [Arbeiterfrau] Pelagia Friedrich, born Siewert, residing in Gnesen, and gave notice that

her grandmother xxx [unsure about this word] Josepha Badoska, born Derlińska, 90 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Gnesen, born in Kolo [Polish Koło], widow of the fisherman [Fischer] Vincent Badoski who deceased here (the given and the family names, the status and the place where the parents of the deceased died, cannot be provided.), in Gnesen in the hospital on April 7 of the year thousand eight hundred eighty three, in the afternoon at half past three o’clock had died. The notice giver declared that she had convinced herself of Badoska’s death.

Read aloud, authorized and because the notice giver cannot write, marked with her sign.
+++

The Registrar.
von Gradzielski.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Gnesen on April 7, 1883.
The Registrar.
von Gradzielski.
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:40 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much Michael.
dr_matt

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:09 am      Post subject: Help with Handwriting

Hello

The following pages are from my grandfarther Nazi passport, he is no longer with us and never spoke about his past. I am surprised he kept this document.

I can easily translate the printed German, but the German hand writing is really hard for me to understand. The only one I can make out is his date of birth and the fact he worked in a town called Tauberfeld.

Any help appreciated.

Matt

English_Translation.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  745.26 KB

English_Translation.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:50 am      Post subject: Re: Help with Handwriting

dr_matt wrote:
Hello

The following pages are from my grandfarther Nazi passport, he is no longer with us and never spoke about his past. I am surprised he kept this document.

I can easily translate the printed German, but the German hand writing is really hard for me to understand. The only one I can make out is his date of birth and the fact he worked in a town called Tauberfeld.

Any help appreciated.

Matt

Hello Matt

It looks as if your grandfather was a forced worker (“Zwangsarbeiter”) during World War II. Please find attached the translation of the German handwriting:

His country of origin [1]: “besetzte Ostgebiete” or “Occupied Eastern Territories”, the areas captured by the Wehrmacht in the Baltic States and the Soviet Union.

He was born [2] on April 23, 1922 in [3] Samosche, “Kreis” or county of Pinsk.

His nationality [4]: „ungeklärt (Ostarbeiter)“ or undetermined (“Ostarbeiter“ lit. "Eastern worker"), a Nazi German designation for foreign workers gathered from occupied Central and Eastern Europe to perform forced labor in Germany.

His marital status [5a]: “led. [ledig]” or unmarried.

His residence during employment [9]: Xaver Stark Ldw. [I would assume this is a name and “Ldw.” is short for „Landwirt“ or farmer, so he lived with the farmer Xaver Stark], Tauberfeld is the name of a place in Bavaria and the last address is Netter, Haunstetten [Again, “Netter” might be the name of a farmer, Haunstetten could be a place in Bavaria too, around 70 kilometers south of Tauberfeld.]

His professional knowledge, whether industrial or agricultural [9]: “ldw. [landwirtschaftliche] Kenntnisse” or agricultural knowledge.

Best regards,
Michael
dr_matt

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:47 am      Post subject:

Amazing, thanks so much for your quick and detailed reply.
dr_matt

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:26 pm      Post subject: Another page

I managed to get the original document, and a page was missing from what I was given originally, any help with this extra page much appreciated.

Also, given he was born in a town that was Poland but is now in Belarus, how can I (or is it even possible) get a copy of his birth certificate? Thanks

translate_pic1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB

translate_pic1.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:38 am      Post subject: Re: Another page

dr_matt wrote:
I managed to get the original document, and a page was missing from what I was given originally, any help with this extra page much appreciated.

Hello Matt

This page provides information about place and duration of your grandfather’s occupation. The columns are:

(1) Name and place of the business: Stark Xaver Tauberfeld. [He is the farmer we already know from the other page. In the countryside it was quite common to address a person with the family name first, followed by the given name.]

(2) Type of business: “Landwirtschaft” or agriculture.

(3a) Begin of the employment:
(3b) Employment approved until: It looks as if they started with an entry in this row: The “Arbeitsamt” or employment office approved “auf weiteres” or until further notice, followed by a signature, begin of employment was on August 17, 1943, the next approval was again “auf weiteres” and issued on September 15, 1944, followed by a signature.

(4) Nature of employment: “landw. [landwirtschaftlicher] Dienstknecht“ or farmhand.

(5a) End of the employment: “Arbeitsamt” or employment office, September 15, 1944, signature.
(5b) Certificate of the employment office: August 21, 1944 [I assume, they mixed up the rows and the end of employment was in August].

(6) Signature of the employer: Stark Xaver.

Best regards,
Michael
Peter.Wollinski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:48 am      Post subject: Elias Wollinski and Else Eisack - marriage certificate p.1

Hi
It will be appreciated if the attached marriage certificate (there are 2 pages) between Elias Wollinski and Else Eisack could be translated from German to English.

First page attached

Thank you
Peter Wollinski
Australia

Marriage Certificate p1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.73 MB

Marriage Certificate p1.jpg

Peter.Wollinski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:57 am      Post subject: Elias Wollinski and Else Eisack - marriage certificate p.2

Hi
It will be appreciated if page 2 of the attached marriage certificate of Elias Wollinski and Else Eisack in Nakel was translated from German to English

Thank you
Peter Wollinski
Australia

Marriage Certificate p2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

Marriage Certificate p2.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 27 of 95

Jump to: