PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:10 pm      Post subject:

this is great thanks Michael.

i did not notice it was in latin! hah thanks anyway
adleran

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:16 am      Post subject: marriage record translation

Hi,

Can someone please help with the translation of row #9 in the following marriage record link?

http://agadd2.home.net.pl/metrykalia/300/sygn.%201214/pages/1_300_0_0_1214_0007.htm

I am most interested in the text that appears after the names of the bride and groom and also in the remarks section

Thanks!
Kmichael8

Replies: 547

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:26 am      Post subject: Re: marriage record translation

adleran wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please help with the translation of row #9 in the following marriage record link?

http://agadd2.home.net.pl/metrykalia/300/sygn.%201214/pages/1_300_0_0_1214_0007.htm

I am most interested in the text that appears after the names of the bride and groom and also in the remarks section

Thanks!

Hello

Pleae find attached the translation of row #9:

The Groom (given and family name, place of birth, occupation, residence and house number, also occupation and residence of his parents):
Efrojem Adler wrong [falsch] Achsen born on December 17, 1879 in Sokołówka, landowner, residing in Bortniki ad Bolozynow, house number 88, illegitimate son of Mente Adler, without occupation, xxx [word illegible] of the already deceased Abraham Moses Achsen in Bortniki ad Bolozynow.

His age: 33 years and a half.

The Bride (given and family name, place of birth, also occupation and residence and house number of her parents):
Marjem Kahane, born on July 3, 1884 in Podstowek ad Bolozynow, landowner, residing in Bortniki ad Bolozynow, house number 88, legitimized daughter of the already deceased Moses Kahane and the still living Sima Kahane, born Merwitzer in Podstowek ad Bolozynow.

Her age: 28 years and 6 months.

They were married on December 31, 1912 in Sokołówka by the Rabbi Jakob Halpern.

Witnesses were Heschl Klüger, student of religion [Religionsschüler] and Asriel Wiener, school attendant [Schuldiener], both residing in Sokołówka.

Remarks:

Birth sheets of the groom and the bride which are included in the matriculation register [Glaubensmatrikel] Tom XI, sheet 39 No 64 ex 1879 and sheet 103 No 38 ex 1884

The groom performed the military service

1) Marriage certificate from Sokołówka, December 15, 1912, No 10

2) Report on the marriage, which took place after the proclamation of the banns on November 16, 23 and 30, 1912, with the personal signatures of Rabbi Jacob Halpern and both witnesses.

Best regards,
Michael
Louie

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:59 am      Post subject: Christina Walczok

Need help filling in the blanks because I fear I might miss something salient.

So: The gardner, Sobek Walczok (legitimate wife?) Agnes ne Stodloka (gave birth and) was baptized (with) the name Christina by the Rev. C(arl) Krause on February 23, 1794 in Falkowice. Witnesses:Hedwig Jurkin, ? Catherina Sobaninin unmarried, and Woytek Schwitala gardner in Fallowitz (Falkowice).
Thank you,
louie

Christina.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  296.26 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Christina.jpg

Send e-mail
5cousins

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:14 pm      Post subject: 1900 marriage Argenau/Gniewkowo

UPDATE: I believe the village name that I could not make out is Ściborze, which is ~2km S of Topola, 5 km N of Inowrocław). Just happened to see it looking around on Google Maps
I'd like some help translating this marriage record for my great grandparents. Below is what I've got so far. The question marks (?) are in the place of words I can't either make out or translate. The brackets [] are my translation attempts. I'm especially interested in the name of the town where these people are living currently (wohnhaft) but translation of any or all of the document (and/or correction of my attempts) is greatly appreciated.

Marriage of Piotr Mielcarek and Franciszka Kwiatkowska
Extent of my translation:

Nr 44
Argenau [Gniewkowo], am drei und zwanzig ten
November, tausend neunhunnert [23 November 1900?]

1. der Arbeiter [the laborer] Peter?
Miecarek
der Persönlichkeit nach ?
? kannt,
katholisch [Catholic] Religion, geboren [born] am fünfzehn? ten
Mai des Jahres tausend acht hunnert
neun und siebzig? zu Oporówek [15 May 1879?] [in Oporówek]
wohnhaft in
Sriborge? [Probably a German name for a village that now has a Polish name. First couple of letters are throwing me]
Sohn de [Son of] ? Thomas Mielcarek und ?
? [Franciszka] geboren [born] Zielinska, ?
? wohnhaft
in Topola;

2. die Arbeitum? [laborer?] Franciszka Kwiatkowski,

die Persönlichkeit nach ?
katholisch [Catholic] Religion, geboren [born] am acht und zwanzich ten
Marz des Jahres tausend acht hunnert
achtzig zu Schadlowitz? [28 March 1880 Szadłowice] ?
, wohnhaft in
? [same as Peter's residence]
Docter de [Daughter of] ? [should be Wojciech or something similar] Kwiatkowski und
? Marianna geboren Gaszak
, wohnhaft
in ? [same as Peter's residence]

3. ? Reich, 25, Argenau
4. ? Franz Golding, 31, Argenau

Many thanks!
Jeff

Mielcarek, Piotr, m 1900.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  273.22 KB

Mielcarek, Piotr, m 1900.jpg

Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:13 am      Post subject: Re: 1900 marriage Argenau/Gniewkowo

5cousins wrote:
UPDATE: I believe the village name that I could not make out is Ściborze, which is ~2km S of Topola, 5 km N of Inowrocław). Just happened to see it looking around on Google Maps
I'd like some help translating this marriage record for my great grandparents. Below is what I've got so far. The question marks (?) are in the place of words I can't either make out or translate. The brackets [] are my translation attempts. I'm especially interested in the name of the town where these people are living currently (wohnhaft) but translation of any or all of the document (and/or correction of my attempts) is greatly appreciated.

Marriage of Piotr Mielcarek and Franciszka Kwiatkowska
Extent of my translation:

Nr 44
Argenau [Gniewkowo], am drei und zwanzig ten
November, tausend neunhunnert [23 November 1900?]

1. der Arbeiter [the laborer] Peter?
Miecarek
der Persönlichkeit nach ?
? kannt,
katholisch [Catholic] Religion, geboren [born] am fünfzehn? ten
Mai des Jahres tausend acht hunnert
neun und siebzig? zu Oporówek [15 May 1879?] [in Oporówek]
wohnhaft in
Sriborge? [Probably a German name for a village that now has a Polish name. First couple of letters are throwing me]
Sohn de [Son of] ? Thomas Mielcarek und ?
? [Franciszka] geboren [born] Zielinska, ?
? wohnhaft
in Topola;

2. die Arbeitum? [laborer?] Franciszka Kwiatkowski,

die Persönlichkeit nach ?
katholisch [Catholic] Religion, geboren [born] am acht und zwanzich ten
Marz des Jahres tausend acht hunnert
achtzig zu Schadlowitz? [28 March 1880 Szadłowice] ?
, wohnhaft in
? [same as Peter's residence]
Docter de [Daughter of] ? [should be Wojciech or something similar] Kwiatkowski und
? Marianna geboren Gaszak
, wohnhaft
in ? [same as Peter's residence]

3. ? Reich, 25, Argenau
4. ? Franz Golding, 31, Argenau

Many thanks!
Jeff

German text
p. 1
Nr. 44 Argenau, 23. November tausendneunhundert
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschienen heute zum Zwecke der Eheschließung
1. der Arbeiter Peter Mielczarek, durch die Aufgebotsverhandlung bekannt, katholischer Religion, geb. am 15. Mai 1879 in Oporczek, wohnhaft in Sciborze, Sohn des Knechts Thomas Milczarek und dessen Ehefrau Franciszka geborene Zielinska, Mutter verstorben, Vater wohnhaft in Topola.
2. die Arbeiterin Franziszka Kwiatkowski, der Persönlichkeit nach durch die Aufgebotsverhandlung anerkannt, katholischer Religion, geboren am 29. März des Jahres 1880 in Schadlowicz, Gut Sciborze, Tochter des Knechts Wojciech Zielinski und dessen Ehefrau Maryanna geborene Gaczak in Sciborze.

P. 2
Als Zeugen waren hinzugezogen und erschienen
1. der ...gehilfe Hugo Reich, der Persönlichkeit nach bekannt, 25 Jahre alt, wohnhaft in Argenau,
2. der Stadtwachtmeister Franz Golding, der Persönlichkeit nach bekannt, 31 Jahre alt, wohnhaft in Argenau.

*** Translation
Nr. 44 Argenau November 23, 1900
To the undersigned registrar came today, known by personality, for the purpose of marriage
1. the laborer Peter Mielczarek, identity recorded at the publication of banns, of Catholic confession, born May 15, 1879 in Oporczek, residing in Sciborze, son of the servant Thomas Milczarek and his wife Franciszka, born Zielinska, mother deceased, father residing in Topola;
2. The [female] laborer Franziszka Kwiatkowski, identity recorded at the publication of banns, of Catholic confession, born on March 29 of the year 1880 in Schadlowicz, estate Sciborze, daughter of the servant Wojciech Zielinski and his wife Maryanna, born Gaczak in Sciborze.

As marriage witnesses were provided and present
1. the ... helper Hugo Reich, known by personality, 25 years old, residing in Argenau
2. the town police constable Franz Golding, known by personality, 31 years old, residing in Argenau.

Last edited by Ute on Wed May 13, 2020 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:10 am      Post subject: Re: Christina Walczok

Louie wrote:
Need help filling in the blanks because I fear I might miss something salient.

So: The gardner, Sobek Walczok (legitimate wife?) Agnes ne Stodloka (gave birth and) was baptized (with) the name Christina by the Rev. C(arl) Krause on February 23, 1794 in Falkowice. Witnesses:Hedwig Jurkin, ? Catherina Sobaninin unmarried, and Woytek Schwitala gardner in Fallowitz (Falkowice).
Thank you,
louie

Hello Louie

You got already most of it. Here is a transcription of your text:

[First column] Falkowitz, den 23. Februar

[Second column] Ist ein Mägdlein von des Gärtners Sobek Walczok Eheweib Agnetha geborene Stodokin geboren, und von dem H. [Herrn] Pfarrer C. Krau [might be Krause] Namens Christina getauft worden, wobei als Pathen gewesen Hedwig Jurkin, Bäuerin Catharina Sobaninin, Jungfer und Woytek Schwitala, Gärtner in Falkowitz.

I think this should answer your open points: Agnetha was Sobek’s wife [Eheweib] and Hedwig Jurkin was a farmer [Bäuerin] – or, what is more probable, a farmer’s wife. And it looks as if Christina was born and baptized the same day.

Hope this helps,
Michael
5cousins

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:49 am      Post subject: Re: 1900 marriage Argenau/Gniewkowo

Thank you, Ute - that's very helpful!
Jeff
Peter.Wollinski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 4:57 am      Post subject: Documents from Gollantsch (now Golancz)

Hi
It will be appreciated if the attached documents - civil birth registration & civil death registration from Gollantsch (now Golancz) - were translated from German to English.

Stay healthy and safe

Thank you

Best Wishes
Peter Wollinski

Jeanetta Brody nee Wolinski.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.11 KB

Jeanetta Brody nee Wolinski.JPG

Ella Wolinski birth certificate 04101897 (Gollantsch).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.44 KB

Ella Wolinski birth certificate 04101897 (Gollantsch).JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:48 am      Post subject: Re: Documents from Gollantsch (now Golancz)

Peter.Wollinski wrote:
Hi
It will be appreciated if the attached documents - civil birth registration & civil death registration from Gollantsch (now Golancz) - were translated from German to English.

Stay healthy and safe

Thank you

Best Wishes
Peter Wollinski

Hello Peter

Please find attached the translations:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 84.

Gollantsch, on December 5, 1908.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, Jeanette Brody, born Wolinski, residing in Gollantsch, and gave notice that

her husband Lippmann Brody, rope-maker [Seiler], 78 years old, of Mosaic religion, residing in Gollantsch, born in Wongrowitz, the parents of the deceased are unknown, in Gollantsch in his home on December 5 of the year thousand nine hundred and eight, at five o’clock a.m. had died.

Read aloud, authorized and because the notice giver cannot write, marked with her sign.
ooo
The Registrar.
(Signature).

A. [indicating it’s a birth record] No. 114.

Gollantsch, on October 4, 1907.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the dealer [Händler] Leiser Wolinski, residing in Gollantsch, of Mosaic religion, and gave notice that

Dora Wolinski, born Jacobsberg, his wife, of Mosaic religion, residing with him in Gollantsch in his home on October 1 of the year thousand nine hundred and seven, at eight o’clock p.m. gave birth to a female child and that the child received the name Ella.

Read aloud, authorized and because the notice giver cannot write, marked with his sign.
ooo
The Registrar.
(Signature).

Best regards,
Michael
Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:48 am      Post subject: Death Record Help

Could someone please assist me with the translation of this death record? I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Kurt

1889-Andreas Kostecki Civil DC-Wagrowiec#154.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1012.04 KB

1889-Andreas Kostecki Civil DC-Wagrowiec#154.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 am      Post subject: Re: Death Record Help

Kurt1322 wrote:
Could someone please assist me with the translation of this death record? I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Kurt

Hello Kurt

Please find the translation of your document:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 154.

Wongrowitz, on November 14, 1889.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, the identity approved by the cottager [Häusler] Lubkowski of known identity, the fisherman’s wife [Fischerfrau] Magdalena Winkowska, born Leda, residing in Kaliszan Kolonie, and gave notice that

the laborer [Arbeiter] Andreas Kostecki, 44 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Kaliszan Kolonie, born in Kaliszan Kolonie, unmarried, son of the farmer [(Land-)Wirth] Adalbert Kostecki and his wife Marianna [not sure about this name] born Dych, in Kaliszan Kolonie on November 13 of the year thousand eight hundred and eighty nine, at six o’clock a.m. had died.

Read aloud, authorized and because the notice giver cannot write, marked with her sign.
+++
The Registrar.
(Signature).

Best regards,
Michael
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 pm      Post subject:

hello michael,

need some unorthodox help. I am looking for the marriage of Joseph Michael Berizzi and Teresia Maria Lederle. I found it on September 12, 1830. Below is the civil book from familysearch:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSP3-LTC1?i=194&cat=146924

If you go to that link, image 195, you can see their signatures of them and their parents. The issue is, I can't read german and can't tell where the first page of this marriage record is in this film.

I was hoping you could check it out, it may be obvious to you, but there has to be more than this signature page I'm assuming.

Capture.JPG
 Description:
this is image 195 from book
 Filesize:  386.73 KB

Capture.JPG

Peter.Wollinski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:35 am      Post subject: German Translation Request

Hi
It will be appreciated if the attached marriage certificate from Gollantsch (today Golancy) was translated.

Hoping there are also details with respect to the occupation for both sets of parents as well as the groom.

Best wishes
Peter Wollinski
Australia
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:14 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
hello michael,

need some unorthodox help. I am looking for the marriage of Joseph Michael Berizzi and Teresia Maria Lederle. I found it on September 12, 1830. Below is the civil book from familysearch:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSP3-LTC1?i=194&cat=146924

If you go to that link, image 195, you can see their signatures of them and their parents. The issue is, I can't read german and can't tell where the first page of this marriage record is in this film.

I was hoping you could check it out, it may be obvious to you, but there has to be more than this signature page I'm assuming.

Well, it looks as if the whole document is just a collection of documents needed for the marriage, but not the marriage register itself. Hence there seems to be only one document that is related to the marriage of Joseph Michael Berizzi and Teresia Maria Lederle: image 194, a copy from the birth register [Auszug aus dem Geburtsregister] of the year 1806 for Joseph Michael Berizzi. Image 195 is a confirmation: „Gesehen durch die beteiligten Parteien“, i.e. the involved parties approve, that they saw this document. On the top left corner of the copy from the birth register is a reference “ad No. 7” (image 196 has the reference No. 8 that refers to the next marriage) and I would expect to find the marriage as No. 7 in the marriage register of 1830.

You might already have noticed that the marriage was also recorded in the church book of the Catholic parish of Berg (see: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSZ5-3S4W-F?i=276&cat=186587, image 277).

Best regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 29 of 95

Jump to: