PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:42 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation Request

Peter.Wollinski wrote:
Hi
It will be appreciated if the attached marriage certificate from Gollantsch (today Golancy) was translated.

Hoping there are also details with respect to the occupation for both sets of parents as well as the groom.

Best wishes
Peter Wollinski
Australia

Hello Peter,
It seems that you didn't attach any file. Could you please send it?

I moved your post to the thread with German translations. When you put your request here, forum members who watch this topic receive notification that there is a new post. This way you can have the translation earlier.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:26 am      Post subject:

thanks so much for the help Michael. How difficult is it to translate the birth record on page 194? It's poorly copied and may be hard to read; but there may be important information on it for me?

is it possible to translate?

thanks for your lookups they are appreciated!
Peter.Wollinski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:51 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation Request

katarzyna_t wrote:
Peter.Wollinski wrote:
Hi
It will be appreciated if the attached marriage certificate from Gollantsch (today Golancy) was translated.

Hoping there are also details with respect to the occupation for both sets of parents as well as the groom.

Best wishes
Peter Wollinski
Australia

Hello Peter,
It seems that you didn't attach any file. Could you please send it?

I moved your post to the thread with German translations. When you put your request here, forum members who watch this topic receive notification that there is a new post. This way you can have the translation earlier.

Best regards,
Katarzyna

Marriage record Brody 1878.jpg
 Description:
Thanks Katarzyna
 Filesize:  984.25 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Marriage record Brody  1878.jpg

Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:47 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation Request

Peter.Wollinski wrote:
Hi

Best wishes
Peter Wollinski
Australia

Hello Peter

Please find the details of the marriage certificate form Gollantsch, October 28, 1878:

1. [The groom:] The rope-maker [Seiler] Lippmann Lippmann called Brode, of Mosaic religion, born on September 6, 1831 in Wongrowitz, county [Kreis] Wongrowitz, residing in Gollantsch, county Wongrowitz, son of Jakob Lippmann, businessman [Kaufmann] and his wife Bune, born Israel. The parents died in Wongrowitz.

2. [The bride:] Chanette Wolinska, maid [Dienstmädchen], of Mosaic religion, born on July 7, 1836 in Gollantsch, Kreis Wongrowitz, residing in Gollantsch, Kreis Wongrowitz, daughter of Samuel Wolinski, merchant [Handelsmann] and his wife Elle, born Gonsiorowska. The parents died in Gollantsch.

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:33 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
thanks so much for the help Michael. How difficult is it to translate the birth record on page 194? It's poorly copied and may be hard to read; but there may be important information on it for me?

is it possible to translate?

thanks for your lookups they are appreciated!

This civil register was introduced in large parts of Germany under the French dominance in the early 19th century. The wording is very formalistic – and the quality of the scan is poor. But the key points are:

The merchant [Handelsmann] Ludwig Berizzi, 23 years old, residing in Rültzheim [today Rülzheim] presented a child of male gender and declared, that this child was born from Josepha Harter, his wife, in his house, on July 9, [1806] at 1 o’clock a.m. and should be given the names Joseph Michael. As witnesses were present Simon Gachim, farmer [Ackersmann], 38 years old and Nikolaus Nuber, day laborer [Tagner], 59 years old, both residing in Rültzheim.

Hope this helps,
Michael
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:19 am      Post subject:

thank you so much michael, you are keeping me going from home while the virus is going on

andrew
Peter.Wollinski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:10 pm      Post subject: German Translation Request

Hi
It will be appreciated if the notice appearing in a newspaper (post mast also attached) relating to Johanna Wolinski could be translated.

Thanks
Peter

Wolinski, Johanna.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  185.44 KB

Wolinski, Johanna.JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation Request

Peter.Wollinski wrote:
Hi
It will be appreciated if the notice appearing in a newspaper (post mast also attached) relating to Johanna Wolinski could be translated.

Thanks
Peter

Hello Peter

The notice says:

Samotschin [Polish Szamocin] on December 27 [1914]. An approximately 60-year-old woman was found dead in the Jaktorow forest. She was frozen to death in an undressed state. The investigation showed that it was Johanna Wolinski from Gollantsch, who was feeble-minded and had disappeared from there a few days ago.

Best regards,
Michael
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:43 pm      Post subject:

hi michael hope you are well

can you please translate the attached?

i bet it will be hard...it is from 1829 in Augsburg, Germany.

It is Crescentia Maria Schweigar birth to Johann Baptist Schweigar and Barbara Schuster

Thank yoU!

crescentia maria schweigar birth cert 1829 8241774 img 419.jpg
 Description:
birth record
 Filesize:  1.32 MB

crescentia maria schweigar birth cert 1829 8241774 img 419.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:24 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
hi michael hope you are well

can you please translate the attached?

i bet it will be hard...it is from 1829 in Augsburg, Germany.

It is Crescentia Maria Schweigar birth to Johann Baptist Schweigar and Barbara Schuster

Thank yoU!

Hello Andrew

Thanks for asking. I hope you are well, too. You were right, some of the words just look strange. Please find attached the translation of what I got.

Birth Certificate [Geburtsschein]
Issued Augsburg, on June 5, 1829

Name of the child: Maria Cresinia

Kind of birth, alive or dead, then name of the midwife or of the obstetrician: alive, Regina Rößler

The father’s
Given and family name: Johan Schweiger
Profession: xxx [I am not sure what is written here. It might be an idea to have a direct look into the baptism register.]
Status and religion: Catholic [Chatolisch]
Place of birth, place of residence or of other stay: Tutzing [place of birth], Augsburg [place of residence]

The Mother’s
Given and maiden name, place of birth: Barbara Schweiger, born Schuster, Augsburg
Profession, status, age and religion: Catholic, 33 years old

Date of the birth (YY/MM/DD): 1829, June, 5. A quarter to one o’clock a.m. [Morgens ¾ auf 1 Uhr]
Place of birth (street, no., floor): [The street name looks like “in unter Zwenger”, and might mean “Unterer Zwinger”, no. 26, highest floor [öberert]
Date of the christening (YY/MM/DD): 1829, June, 6

The godparents’ given and family names, profession
Male: Hiliraius Steinler xxx [I am not sure about this word, it looks to me as if he was occupied in the house of:] kgl. [königlich or royal] Barron von Herrman
Female: Josepha Haggenmiller
xxx [Looks like “Borthers Batten” and might be the name of the second godmother]

[Below the table]
[On the left] Name of the parish, the clergyman or his deputy, signature: Aloysius Steicheln, vicar at St. Moritz [one of the oldest churches in Augsburg, located in the center of the city]
[On the right] signature of the midwife or of the obstetrician: Regina Rößler
Remarks: none

Best regards,
Michael
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:14 am      Post subject:

thanks Michael, this old German writing is very sloppy!

i appreciate your efforts
adame24

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:46 am      Post subject: Help Confirming/Filling in Blanks

Can I please tap into the expertise of some of the folks here to confirm key details. I am mainly looking for birth date, birthplace, death place, death date, and parents names. The attached are two death records and below is what I've gathered by studying them and consulting guides. Can someone please confirm and help me fill in the blanks?

Simon Iwanski
Death: Sep 1902?
Death Place: Tremessen
Birth/Age: 70?
Birthplace: Ostrowite, Tremessen?
Parents: ?

Michalina Iwanski (Nowak)
Death: September 1914?
Death Place: Tremessen
Birth: 73 ?
Birth Place: ?
Parents: ?

Thank you,

Michalina.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Michalina.pdf
 Filesize:  485.32 KB
 Downloaded:  212 Time(s)

Simon.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Simon.pdf
 Filesize:  575.53 KB
 Downloaded:  216 Time(s)

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:17 am      Post subject: Re: Help Confirming/Filling in Blanks

adame24 wrote:
Can I please tap into the expertise of some of the folks here to confirm key details. I am mainly looking for birth date, birthplace, death place, death date, and parents names. The attached are two death records and below is what I've gathered by studying them and consulting guides. Can someone please confirm and help me fill in the blanks?

Thank you,

Hello

Please find in [] the filled in blanks:

Simon Iwanski
Death: Sep 1902? [Sep 25, 1902]
Death Place: Tremessen [a city in the county of Mogilno with around 5.200 inhabitants in 1905]
Birth/Age: 70? [70]
Birthplace: Ostrowite, Tremessen? [Ostrowitte tremessen, Kreis Mogilno, a village with around 45 inhabitans in 1905]
Parents: ? [“Sohn der in Ostrowitte tremessen verstorbenen Einlieger Iwanskischen Eheleute. Alles übrige unbekannt.“ The parents were cottager and died in Ostrowitte tremessen. Everything else is unknown.]

Michalina Iwanski (Nowak)
Death: September 1914? [December 23, 1914]
Death Place: Tremessen [Tremessen]
Birth: 73 ? [73]
Birth Place: ? [Trzemzal, Kreis Mogilno]
Parents: ? [“Tochter der verstorbenen, nicht bekannten Eltern.“ Daughter of the deceased unknown parents.]

Best regards,
Michael
adame24

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:40 pm      Post subject:

Thank you, Michael. Do you notice any addresses of the deceased? If so could you tell me what their homes were? I'd like to see if there homes are still standing.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 am      Post subject:

adame24 wrote:
Thank you, Michael. Do you notice any addresses of the deceased? If so could you tell me what their homes were? I'd like to see if there homes are still standing.

Michalina Iwanski deceased in the residence of the unmarried Stanislawa Iwanski. Stanislawa lived in Tremessen, Bergstraße No. 2. In Simon’s death certificate an address – except Tremessen – is not mentionend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 30 of 95

Jump to: