PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:24 am      Post subject: Re: Baptismal record Archdiocese of Vienna

rciecwierz wrote:
I am thrilled with the translation service being offered. Attached please find a baptismal record to translate from German from Wien.

Many thanks!

Hello,

This record has three entries: (1) in 1905 an illegitimate child was born and baptized, (2) in 1915 the child’s parents married and the husband acknowledged paternity, (3) in 1929 the child married.

(1) Let’s start with the child: On February, 20 a child was born and baptized on March 21, 1905 [“Zeit der Geburt und Taufe“]. The place of birth [“Ort der Geburt”] was Paulusplatz 9 [in Vienna]. The child was given the names Johann Franz [“Name des Getauften”]. His gender [“Geschlecht”] was male, he was illegitimate [“unehelich”] and of Catholic religion.

The mother was Melanie Reischl, her status is a Catholic private xxx [unsure], she was born in Wien-Hernals [in 1892 the place became the 17th district of Vienna] on October 25, 1882, daughter of Johann Reischl and his wife Wilhelmine, born Gabler.

Sponsor was Bertha Eisenhundt, the wife of an imperial and royal civil servant [“k.k. Officialsgattin”], 17th district, Palfygasse 6 [should be Palffygasse], of Catholic religion.

The midwife was Maria Leitner, 17th district, Kalvarienberggasse 13.

(2) On October 26, 1915 the child’s parents married [“Die Kindeseltern haben die Ehe geschlossen am 26. X. 1915“]. Two months later, on December 18, 1915 [see the remark on the lower part ot column “Baptizans”: Actum coram me …] Johann Tabaczynski acknowledged paternity [this is the key point of the stamped text in the lower part of column “Name des Getauften”] and he himself, his wife Melanie Tabaczynski, born Reischl, and two witnesses, Bertha Eisenhundt, we already know as sponsor and Franz Eisenhundt, who might have been Bertha’s husband, signed [see the signatures in the lower part of the column “Ort der Geburt”]. Also the father’s name and status were entered in the column “Vater” accordingly.

The father was Johann Tabaczynski, an imperial and royal captain of the Austro-Hungarian Empire’s infantry regiment no. 6 [“kuk. Hauptmann I.R. Nr. 6” or “kaiserlicher (österreichischer) und königlicher (ungarischer) Hauptmann Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 6”], born on December 10, 1878 in Brzezany, Bezirk Brzezany in Galicia and xxx [unsure], legitimate son of Michael Tabaczynski and his wife Rafalia [unsure], born Beisinger.

(3) On March 2, 1929 Johann Franz Tabaczynski married Lucia Ciescelska in the parish St. Nikolaus in Grudziadz, Poland [see the stamped entry in column “Baptizans”: Getraut am …].

Best regards,
Michael
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 am      Post subject:

Kmichael8 wrote:
a4u2fear wrote:
michael,

i realize this is basically a latin marriage record (Tutzing/Augsburg 1671), but there are some peculiar words in it that i assume are german. Could you translate? Or Should i try Dave in latin records?

Andrew,

You are right, the text is a mixture of German and Latin and hard to read. The message is:

On May 11, 1761 Blasius Thoma married Regina xxx. I am not sure about her name. It starts with an “L” followed by what is used as an “e” in “Gebhardt”, then followed by an “n” and the same combination which is used in Tutzing for the “tz”, so the name might be “Lentz” with the female suffix “in”: Lentzin. It’s a guess.

He was a “mäßmer”, I would understand this as “Messner” or sexton in Tutzing. She was from a place which looks like Bölhing. It might mean Böbling, around 27 kilometer Southwest of Tutzing.

Witnesses were Marcus Thoma and Casparus Gebhardt from Tutzing. You will find the same witnesses in the last entry of this page and the groom acted as a witness in the next entry also.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Michael. This is a tough one. I think I agree it is "Lenz". Where she was from is a mystery. I will have to search for similar places nearby as you suggested. Take care and have a good weekend
rciecwierz

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:55 pm      Post subject: Ciesielski / Bilgardt record

Truly appreciate the translation help! New clues each time.
Please help with this German record - I think it is a marriage record?

Many thanks
Roman

marriage_ciecielski_bilgardt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.27 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

marriage_ciecielski_bilgardt.jpg

marriage_ciesielski2_47314.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  810.72 KB

marriage_ciesielski2_47314.jpg

marriageCiesielski_Bilgardt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  291.53 KB

marriageCiesielski_Bilgardt.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:57 am      Post subject: Re: Ciesielski / Bilgardt record

rciecwierz wrote:
Truly appreciate the translation help! New clues each time.
Please help with this German record - I think it is a marriage record?

Many thanks
Roman

Hello Roman,

These are two marriage records. Often you can identify the type of record using the capital letter on top of the (first) page: an “A” identifies a birth record, a “B” a marriage record, a “C” a death record. Birth and death records have one page only, marriage records two: on the first page groom and bride are introduced, on the second page you will find the witnesses, the question whether the couple wants to marry and the signatures.

Please find first the details of the marriage certificate Ciecielski and Bilgardt from Schwetz [I assume Schwetz an der Weichsel, Polish Świecie], May 19, 1888:

1. [The groom:] The unmarried roofer [Dachdecker] Franz Ciesielski, of Catholic religion, born on Mai 17, 1863 in Schwetz, residing in Schwetz, son of the worker [Arbeiter] Stanislaus Ciesielski, who died in Schwetz, and his wife Marianna, born Domachowska, residing in Schwetz.

2. [The bride:] The unmarried Anna Bilgardt, without profession [ohne besonderen Beruf], of Catholic religion, born on July 16, 1863 in Schwetz, residing in Schwetz, daughter of master shoemaker [Schuhmachermeister] Joseph Bilgardt and his wife Anna, born Orkiszenzka, residing in Schwetz.

The second document is a translation of the marriage certificate Ciesielski and Bukowski from the Polish original into German. The original is from Kulmsee-Stadt [Polish Chełmża], February 11, 1931:

1. [The groom:] The widowed worker [Arbeiter] Franciszek Ciesielki, of Catholic religion, born on April 28, 1876 in Witramsdorf, county of Thorn [an estate near Thorn, was renamed from Wytrembowitz into Witramsdorf in 1914], residing in Kulmsee, Wilhelmstraße 19, son of the deceased worker Jozef Ciesielski and his wife Marjanna, born Dabrowski, residing in Kulmsee.

2. [The bride:] The unmarried Anna Bukowski, without profession, of Catholic religion, born on December 5, 1890 in Schönborn, county of Kulm, residing in Kulmsee, Wilhelmstraße 31, daughter of the deceased cartwright [Stellmacher] Franciszek Bukowski and his [deceased] wife Franciszka, born Kozlowski, most recently residing in Kulmsee.

Best regards,
Michael
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:30 pm      Post subject:

Hi Michael,

Can you please translate the attached marriage. 1722, Minfeld Bavaria.

Thanks

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.5 KB

Capture.JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:20 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Hi Michael,

Can you please translate the attached marriage. 1722, Minfeld Bavaria.

Thanks

Hello Andrew,

I fear, this is not a marriage but a baptism. The child’s name is Georg Michael, he was baptized on November 22, 1722. The father’s name is Leonhard Hoxx, the mother’s name Maria Barbara. Sponsors were Georg Michael Schönlaib and Anna Attilia, wife of the tailor Johann Georg Beyer (?).

Best regards,
Michael
rciecwierz

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:38 pm      Post subject: Bilgardt record

Hello - I don't really know what this record is or what language. Kind of looks German. I am including the whole page so that you can see the headings, but the record that is of interest to me is the one at the bottom.

Would appreciate a translation.

Many thanks!
Roman

record-image_.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  608.14 KB

record-image_.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:59 pm      Post subject: Re: Bilgardt record

rciecwierz wrote:
Hello - I don't really know what this record is or what language. Kind of looks German. I am including the whole page so that you can see the headings, but the record that is of interest to me is the one at the bottom.

Would appreciate a translation.

Many thanks!
Roman

Hi,
It's written in .... Latin! Don't worry, after a while you'll be able to tell.
May I suggest that when you post it on the thread for Latin translation help that you include the town in which the parish is? It can be a big help to the translator.
All the best,
Sophia
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:25 am      Post subject:

Thanks Michael, Ancestry told me it was a marriage = blah.

Well, good to know it's not!

Have a good weekend.
trinkelson

Replies: 44

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:59 am      Post subject: German record assistance

Hello.

This is a request for help with a German record. The cropped image attached contains information about my paternal aunt. She was born in Poland, moved to France as a child, moved to Germany as an adult around 1944, and married a German man in 1945. The date and place of birth match so I am confident the record is about her. The source of the record is the Arolsen Archives, Digital Archive; Bad Arolsen, Germany; Lists of Persecutees 2.1.5.1; Europe, Registration of Foreigners and German Persecutees, 1939-1947; Register of French women in Berlin-Wilmersdorf district. Would you mind translating/interpreting the contents of the record? Google translates the individual words, but not the abbreviations or the context, so I really don't know what I'm looking at.

Thanks

ChristineRegisterFrenchWomenBerlin-WilmersdorfRecordCrop.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.49 KB

ChristineRegisterFrenchWomenBerlin-WilmersdorfRecordCrop.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:33 am      Post subject: Re: German record assistance

trinkelson wrote:
Hello.

This is a request for help with a German record. The cropped image attached contains information about my paternal aunt. She was born in Poland, moved to France as a child, moved to Germany as an adult around 1944, and married a German man in 1945. The date and place of birth match so I am confident the record is about her. The source of the record is the Arolsen Archives, Digital Archive; Bad Arolsen, Germany; Lists of Persecutees 2.1.5.1; Europe, Registration of Foreigners and German Persecutees, 1939-1947; Register of French women in Berlin-Wilmersdorf district. Would you mind translating/interpreting the contents of the record? Google translates the individual words, but not the abbreviations or the context, so I really don't know what I'm looking at.

Thanks

Hello,

If we spell out the abbreviations the text is:

Christine, geboren am 19.12.1918 in Dobra, Zuzug: 28.04.1944 Berlin, Wilmersdorf Sigmaringer Straße. Auszug: ? nach Frankreich, Gewährsmann: Polizeirevier 151, Berlin, Wilmersdorf, Berliner Straße 40

So Christine was born on December 19, 1918 in Dobra. On April 28, 1944 she moved to Berlin, into the district [Stadtteil] Wilmersdorf and lived on Sigmaringer Straße [the number is not provided]. She left Berlin again – the date is unknown – and moved to France. Source [i.e. this information is provided and approved by]: Police station 151 in Berlin, Wilmersdorf, on Berliner Straße No. 40.

You remember our discussion about the German “Meldewesen”, a system of registration for every resident. If you move into a flat or leave it to live elsewhere, you have to register at the registration office (“Meldeamt”). Obviously the above mentioned police station acted as a registration office and could provide this information about Christine.

Hope, this helps
Michael
Louie

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 am      Post subject: German Translation needed

I have given up with German translations. If someone could help me. Many more to come because I am getting close to getting organized. Five translations a month, right?
Vielen Dank,
Ludwig

Sorry for the poor copy.
PS The Date! In less than five months, 13 English colonies would end their political connections to England.

b. 14 Feb 1776 Agnes Jorek.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  587.66 KB

b. 14 Feb 1776  Agnes Jorek.jpg

Send e-mail
trinkelson

Replies: 44

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:30 am      Post subject: Re: German record assistance

Hi Michael.
Thank you for your assistance.
As usual, answers raise more questions, so a few more which you may or may not be able to answer:
- In the case of Christine's information, is it possible she was part of the Service du Travail Obligatoire agreement between France and Germany whereby for every three French workers who "volunteered" to go to work in Germany, one French POW would be returned to France?
- Regarding the Meldewessen, if a person moved, would their record be physically transferred to, or would a new one be created at, the new address?
- How long were/are these records retained and what are the disclosure restrictions?
Thank you again for putting up with my questions.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:39 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation needed

Louie wrote:
I have given up with German translations. If someone could help me. Many more to come because I am getting close to getting organized. Five translations a month, right?
Vielen Dank,
Ludwig

Sorry for the poor copy.
PS The Date! In less than five months, 13 English colonies would end their political connections to England.

Hello Louie

Given the quality of this copy I can only identify the structure of this document and some of the words.

To be sure about the location, it could help to know the name of the parish this record is from.

The structure is: In [location] on February 11, 1776 was baptized the farmer’s Thomick Jorek and his wife Maria on February 10 [den 10ten hujus] at 10 o’clock [the information whether in the morning or in the evening is illegible] born daughter [Mägdlein, this is the diminutive of “Magd” or maid], the sponsors [zur Heil[igen] Taufe gebracht mit] were [I would assume the names of five persons are mentioned, together with some additional information like “Bäuerin” or farmer’s wife].

Hope, this helps
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:42 am      Post subject: Re: German record assistance

trinkelson wrote:
Hi Michael.
Thank you for your assistance.
As usual, answers raise more questions, so a few more which you may or may not be able to answer:
- In the case of Christine's information, is it possible she was part of the Service du Travail Obligatoire agreement between France and Germany whereby for every three French workers who "volunteered" to go to work in Germany, one French POW would be returned to France?
- Regarding the Meldewessen, if a person moved, would their record be physically transferred to, or would a new one be created at, the new address?
- How long were/are these records retained and what are the disclosure restrictions?
Thank you again for putting up with my questions.

You’re welcome.

I fear, your first question I cannot answer from the information provided. Regarding the second question: the record remains in the city you leave and if you move to another city, a new record is created there. As a rule of thumb, these records are kept and archived. For Christine you might have a try at the Landesarchiv Berlin:

https://landesarchiv-berlin.de/die-einwohnermeldekartei-von-berlin-neu

The text is German only, but they provide an "EMK-Antragsformular (PDF; english version)" with information on how to make inquiries.

Best regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 35 of 95

Jump to: