PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:40 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
In a post Sunday, i asked for a translation of a marriage certificate for my grandparents but didn't include the document. The document was filed in Santomischel (Zaniemysl) for my paternal great grandparents, Jan (Johann) and Rozalia (nee Stasik) Wujek. His parents were Casimir and Franciska (nee Kujawa) Wujek. Her parents were Mateusz and Josepha (nee Labiak) Stasik. Could you translate it? Thanks again. Dave

Hello Dave,
Please find attached the translation of the marriage record.
Best
Michael

B. No. 21.
Santomischel, on January 30, 1891.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. The laborer [Arbeiter] Johann Wujek, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on August 7, 1866 in Koszuty, residing in Koszuty, son of the laborer [Arbeiter] Kasimir Wujek and his wife Franziska, born Kujawa, residing Koszuty.

2. Rosalie Stasik, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on August 31, 1874 in Groß Jeziory, residing in Winna, daughter of the farmer [Wirth] Matheus Stasik and his wife Josefa, born Labiak, residing in Winna.
wuness

Replies: 84

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:50 pm      Post subject:

Michael: Thank you, again, for the translation. wuness
wuness

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:58 am      Post subject:

Michael: I have a quick question about Johan Wujek's birthday on the marriage certificate you just translated for me. The year you gave, 1866, correlates with everything I know about him. I have a difficult time translating this old script, and am weak on the numbers, but I would have bet the year was written as "funfzig und funf", or 50 and 5. Is it actually written "sechzig und sechs"? wuness
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:43 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
Michael: I have a quick question about Johan Wujek's birthday on the marriage certificate you just translated for me. The year you gave, 1866, correlates with everything I know about him. I have a difficult time translating this old script, and am weak on the numbers, but I would have bet the year was written as "funfzig und funf", or 50 and 5. Is it actually written "sechzig und sechs"? wuness

Hi,
I think you may find this helpful. Go to this earlier page of this German Records Translation thread and scroll down to the message written by Agnieszka Pawlus of Polish Origins. In it, she includes a pdf file that was put together by Louie, which is not just an accumulation of German genealogy vocabulary, but also shows how each word is written in the old handwriting. Numbers (spelled out as words) are included in the list.
https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=3263&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45
Best of luck,
Sophia
Richard Kuzniak

Replies: 100

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:32 pm      Post subject:

Could some kind person please translate the attached record, in particular Jan Grabarek's date, place of birth and his oarents' names?

23A4CDEA-5513-4236-9EF5-777909204557.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  939.58 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

23A4CDEA-5513-4236-9EF5-777909204557.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:48 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:

Wunes: You are right, it seems to be a bit confusing. And things do not get easier when you see this quite common combination of German script (“Fraktur”) for most of the text and Latin for the names.

But looking at Johann’s birthday in a little more detail you see first of all it is written in German script. As a starting point the letter “u” with it’s what is called “Ubogen” (the bow above the letter) is often helpful. Compare the “u” of “und” in “sechszig und sechs” with the letters in the other words: there is no other “u”. So I think it’s quite clear.

The LDS provide a wiki "Deciphering German script" that deals with problems like this one. You might have a look at:
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Special:Search?fulltext=true&search=Deciphering+German+script

Best
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:38 am      Post subject:

Richard Kuzniak wrote:
Could some kind person please translate the attached record, in particular Jan Grabarek's date, place of birth and his oarents' names?

Hello Richard,

Please find attached the translation.

Best
Michael

B. No. 3.
Stolenschin, on January 20, 1906.

1. The farmhand [Knecht] Johann Grabarek, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on December 3, 1868 in Czeschewo, Kreis / county Wongrowitz, residing in Czeschewo Gemeinde, son of the laborer [Arbeiter] Lorenz Grabarek, who died in Czeschewo, and his wife Marianna, born Hermanski, residing in Czeschewo;

2. The unmarried maid [Dienstmagd] Viktoria Mendyk, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on November 7, 1885 in Siedleczko, Kreis / county Wongrowitz, residing in Czeschewo Gemeinde, daughter of the shepherd [Schäfer] Nikolaj Mendyk, who died in Kolybki, Kreis / county Wongrowitz, and his wife Katharina, born Pruchniowski, residing in Gollantsch.

As witnesses:

3. The farmer [Ackerwirt] Joseph Czajkowski, of known identity, 51 years old, residing in Czeschewo Gemeinde, Kreis / county Wongrowitz.

4. The tenant of a Probstei [Probsteipächter] Kasimir Stachowiak, of known identity, 36 years old, residing in Czeschewo Gemeinde, Kreis / county Wongrowitz.

The registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, approved, and signed
[Signatures]
The registrar.
[Signature]
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Stolenschin, on January 20, 1906.
The registrar.
[Signature].
davisongen

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:18 am      Post subject: German record translation

Hi,
I am looking for help translating the attached record. The year on the record is 1794. I believe it is either a birth record or baptism record.

Thank you.

20211021_071147.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.19 KB

20211021_071147.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:56 am      Post subject: Re: German record translation

davisongen wrote:
Hi,
I am looking for help translating the attached record. The year on the record is 1794. I believe it is either a birth record or baptism record.

Thank you.

Hello,

The name Innominatus or unknown hints to an entry for a stillborn child, born on May, 31. The entry is written in Latin, so you might post it on the Latin record translation thread. It would help with the translation to learn about the parish this entry is from and to see more of this page to get a better understanding of the handwriting.

Hope this helps,
Michael
davisongen

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:24 am      Post subject:

Michael,
Thank you for the help and suggestion. I have reposted it under the Latin forum
khill1881

Replies: 90

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 pm      Post subject: Lemanczyk family

This record makes me both sad and confused. Record #5 female is the death of Katherine Lemanczyk and record #7 male is the death of her father, Michael. Michael died on the day that his daughter was buried.
I understand that Michael was 55 years old, died on January 14, and buried on the 17th. It looks to me like the record says that he left his wife, Antonina nee Libecka and 3 minor children. I need help with the comments at the end of both records (the cause of death?)
My confusion comes in that I can't find a record of Michael's wife getting married again or a death record for her after his death. If the records mean that she was still alive, I have more work to do.
Katherine

Michael Lemanczyk d. 1-14-1883.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.51 MB

Michael Lemanczyk d. 1-14-1883.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:55 am      Post subject: Re: Lemanczyk family

khill1881 wrote:
This record makes me both sad and confused. Record #5 female is the death of Katherine Lemanczyk and record #7 male is the death of her father, Michael. Michael died on the day that his daughter was buried.
I understand that Michael was 55 years old, died on January 14, and buried on the 17th. It looks to me like the record says that he left his wife, Antonina nee Libecka and 3 minor children. I need help with the comments at the end of both records (the cause of death?)
My confusion comes in that I can't find a record of Michael's wife getting married again or a death record for her after his death. If the records mean that she was still alive, I have more work to do.
Katherine

Hi Katherine,

Daughter and Father died of typhus. I’m unsure about the last word of the comment in Michael’s entry, but basically it says that he was sickly the year before he died. As you already noted Michael left his wife, Antonine nee Libecka and 3 minor children. You might consider that Michael was an “Einlieger”, i.e. he only rented a flat or just a room and maybe the widow had to leave the place after his death.

Best
Michael
khill1881

Replies: 90

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:39 pm      Post subject: Antonina Lemanczyk (daughter of Michael & Katherine) m.

Please, when you have time, I would appreciate a translation of record #12 page 24.
Thank you for all of your help with these records.
Katherine

Antonina Lemanczyk m. 1893 pg. 2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  691.5 KB

Antonina Lemanczyk m. 1893 pg. 2.JPG

Send e-mail
wuness

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:02 am      Post subject:

This is a 1883 death certificate for a child born to Mathaeus and Josepha (nee Labiak) Stasik. BASIA did not have a name, and I can't make out one either. In that year they had a child, Marianna, who was born in 1878 (5 years old) in Zaniemysl. Is there any indication it was this child that died, or could it be another child? Thank you. wuness

Stasik noid death cert..jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1003.45 KB

Stasik noid death cert..jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:25 am      Post subject: Re: Antonina Lemanczyk (daughter of Michael & Katherine)

khill1881 wrote:
Please, when you have time, I would appreciate a translation of record #12 page 24.
Thank you for all of your help with these records.
Katherine

Hello Katherine,

Please find attached the translation. This record has a second page with additional information about the witnesses and the signatures of spouses and witnesses.

Best
Michael

B. No. 12.
Dzimianen, on February 4, 1893.

1. The laborer [Arbeiter] Peter Retz, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on April 20, 1864 in Klein Jabluszek, residing in Sonnenwalde, son of the deceased spouses Johann Retz, a laborer [Arbeiter] and his wife Magdalena, born Myszk, previously residing in Schlusa;

2. The laborer [Arbeiterin] Antonie Lemanczik, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on June 12, 1872 in Pelken, residing in Dywan, daughter of the deceased laborer [Arbeiter] Michael Lemanczik and his still living wife Antonie, born Libecka, residing in Klein Jabluszek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 55 of 95

Jump to: