PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:42 am      Post subject: Re: Stefanija Koscinski Birth 1884

Kmichael8 wrote:
JGwizdowski wrote:
Now that I feel that I am gaining some skill at finding these records, I still need help at translating them and greatly appreciate a German -> English translation of my grandmother's birth record.

Thank you, as always!
Joe

Joe

Please find attached the birth record ofr your grandmother.

Best regards

Michael

"...the organist Anton Koscinski... "

Michael...
I cannot thank you enough. Many, many years ago, one of my long gone relatives mentioned something about Anton being the church organist. Now you've confirmed it for me!

The line by line translation is extremely helpful toward developing some further understanding of how the handwritten words are formed.

Many, many thanks!
Best,
Joe Gwizdowski

tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:19 am      Post subject: Tylice marriage record

Dear Michael,

If I may ask your assistance, I have a (hopefully) quick question about a columnar record from Tylice. I am confident in the family and place names, but am having trouble with a few spots, including telling which is the place of birth vs. the place of residence. I have put question marks next to those. I have only included page 1 because I was able to read page 2.

Also, this marriage is from Tylice parish but I can't tell whether it says in which village the wedding took place.

Wedding date: 10 November 1863
Word underneath date: ?
Groom: Adam Lędzion [Lendzion]
Groom's occupation: farm laborer?
Groom's first location (birth or residence?): Ludwichowo [Lubawa, Iława]
Groom's second location (birth or residence?) Iława? Sampława [Lubawa, Iława]
Groom's marital status: widower?
Groom's age: 29

Bride: Josephine Dizing [Diesing]
Line 2: ?
Line 3 (birth or residence?): Słup, Lautenberg [Lidzbark Welski]
Line 4: ? (is there a military reference here? Family lore says her father was in the Prussian military...)
Line 5 (birth or residence?): Zajączkowo [Zajączkowo Lubawski, Grodziczno, Nowe Miasto]
Bride's marital status: unmarried woman/maiden

Thank you so much in advance! This record was a big find so we are excited to learn more.

Best wishes,
Tonya

Lendzion detail.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.26 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Lendzion detail.JPG

Diesing detail.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.34 KB

Diesing detail.JPG

Lendzion-Diesing page 1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.97 KB

Lendzion-Diesing page 1.JPG

davidsta

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:26 am      Post subject: Marriage record

Hello,

Could someone give me a translation of this marriage certificate? In English or Polish.

Best regards.

WEB_DUDKIEWICZ_MARJORCZYK_Mariage_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1015.04 KB

WEB_DUDKIEWICZ_MARJORCZYK_Mariage_01.jpg

WEB_DUDKIEWICZ_MARJORCZYK_Mariage_02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  970.68 KB

WEB_DUDKIEWICZ_MARJORCZYK_Mariage_02.jpg

Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Tylice marriage record

tkowalska wrote:
Dear Michael,

If I may ask your assistance, I have a (hopefully) quick question about a columnar record from Tylice. I am confident in the family and place names, but am having trouble with a few spots, including telling which is the place of birth vs. the place of residence. I have put question marks next to those. I have only included page 1 because I was able to read page 2.

Also, this marriage is from Tylice parish but I can't tell whether it says in which village the wedding took place.

Wedding date: 10 November 1863
Word underneath date: ?
Groom: Adam Lędzion [Lendzion]
Groom's occupation: farm laborer?
Groom's first location (birth or residence?): Ludwichowo [Lubawa, Iława]
Groom's second location (birth or residence?) Iława? Sampława [Lubawa, Iława]
Groom's marital status: widower?
Groom's age: 29

Bride: Josephine Dizing [Diesing]
Line 2: ?
Line 3 (birth or residence?): Słup, Lautenberg [Lidzbark Welski]
Line 4: ? (is there a military reference here? Family lore says her father was in the Prussian military...)
Line 5 (birth or residence?): Zajączkowo [Zajączkowo Lubawski, Grodziczno, Nowe Miasto]
Bride's marital status: unmarried woman/maiden

Thank you so much in advance! This record was a big find so we are excited to learn more.

Best wishes,
Tonya

Dear Tonya,

The short version is: blacksmith married sergant’s daughter. There are two words I cannot identify but I believe I got your spots:

Regarding the groom:
Word underneath date: ? [“zehnten” or thenth; it was quite common to write out the days of the date additionally to the numerals]
Groom's occupation: farm laborer? [“Einsassensohn, Schmied”: son of a farmer and blacksmith]
Groom's first location (birth or residence?): Ludwichowo [Lubawa, Iława] [Ludvichowo] [This part of the document gives no hint weather birth or residence, but based on other marriage records I assume it is the residence. Please check the heading of this column for “Aufenthaltsort”. That Adam is referred to as son of a farmer could indicate that it is also the location of his birth.]
Groom's second location (birth or residence?) Iława? Sampława [Lubawa, Iława] [“Pfarrei Somplawo” – parish Somplawo. Again based on other marriage records I assume this is where the wedding took place. You should find this location in other entries of the church book too.]
Groom's marital status: widower? [“Wittwer”, so yes widower]

Regarding the bride:
[Lines 2 & 3: “Unteroffizier-Tochter zu XXX in Słup …” – Here is the military reference: a sergeant’s daughter – the next word I cannot identify – in Słup. Same comment as above regarding residence.
[Lines 4 & 5: “verweilte über 1 Jahr beim Mxxx (the other word I cannot identify) in Zajączkowo” – About her residence: stayed for more than a year in Zajączkowo]
Bride's marital status: unmarried woman/maiden [The last letters are missing in the copy, but it looks like “Jun[g-] fra[u]”, so: maiden]

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Michael
tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:00 pm      Post subject: Re: Tylice marriage record

Kmichael8 wrote:

Regarding the bride:
[Lines 2 & 3: “Unteroffizier-Tochter zu XXX in Słup …” – Here is the military reference: a sergeant’s daughter – the next word I cannot identify – in Słup. Same comment as above regarding residence.

Michael, this is so cool--thank you so much! All very interesting and so helpful. Thanks again for the great info--it is deeply appreciated.

Tonya
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:34 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage record

davidsta wrote:
Hello,

Could someone give me a translation of this marriage certificate? In English or Polish.

Best regards.

Hello David,

Please find attached the translation of your marriage record.

Best Regards,

Michael

Page 1

B No. 1
Kriewen on January 24, 1885

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. the laborer Thomas Dudkiewicz, of known identity, of Katholic religion, born on December 8, 1850 in Gorka, Kreis Kosten, residing in [Konty-]Maciejewo, son of the deceased laborer Thomas Dudkiewicz and his wife Holowa born Grodziska, she is residing in Gorka

2. the unmarried laborer Marianne Marorczyk, of know identity, of Katholic religion, born on August 18, 1856 in [Konty-]Maciejewo, Kreis Kosten, residing in [Konty-]Maciejewo, daughter of the deceased laborer Clemens Marorczyk and his wife Magdalena born Maczkowiak, she is residing in [Konty-]Maciejewo

Page 2

The following were present and appeared as witnesses:
3. the innkeeper Paul [name illegible], of known identity, 50 years old, residing in Kriewen
4. the smallholder [Häusler] Roman Wojciechowski, of known identity, 57 years old, residing in Kriewen

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.
Read aloud, authorized and from Paul [name illegible] marked with his sign, from the others signed
Tomasz Dudkiewicz
Anna Dudkiewicz born Marorczyk
+++
Roman Waiechoski

The Registrar.
[signature illegible]
tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:20 am      Post subject: More military words?

Dear Michael,

Greetings and I hope this finds you well. Thanks so much for your help a couple of weeks ago. I am still on the hunt and found a marriage record that is for my ancestor's probable brother, Leonard Diesing/Dysing. It is in the same priest's mixed Roman/Gothic handwriting from Tylice parish, and the village is Zajaczkowo.

This time instead of "Unteroffizier's daughter" it says "son ______________ Militar." I downloaded a pretty robust German = English military dictionary from the early 1900s but at least the way the longer word looks to me, I can't find an easy match in the dictionary. I almost see the word "frontier" in there but not quite. It made me wonder whether it says foreign military? That's total conjecture of course.

Finally, Leonard's occupation was Mueller of some kind. Muellergefall? Formerly a miller?
Thank you for any help you can provide!

Warm regards,
Tonya

1864 m Leonard Diesing Franciszka Mania.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  590.45 KB

1864 m Leonard Diesing Franciszka Mania.JPG

tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:42 am      Post subject: One more, maybe also military

Michael, here is one more record for Josephine Diesing with 1-2 words preceding daughter/tochter. It looks like it begins with a J. Like the others it is hard to read and I have had no luck with the online or military dictionaries. This is a record for an illegitimate birth but I think the column is for mother's status or occupation, so it should not be related to the child. Thank you! ~Tonya

1861 mother Josephine Diesing detail 2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.59 KB

1861 mother Josephine Diesing detail 2.JPG

Last edited by tkowalska on Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
JDombrowski89

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:09 pm      Post subject:

If someone could give me a translation of this record I would be greatly appreciative.

Justin

Rozalia Pospieski - 1879.jpg
 Description:
Rozalia Pospieska Birth Record
 Filesize:  1.04 MB

Rozalia Pospieski - 1879.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:52 am      Post subject: Re: More military words?

tkowalska wrote:
Dear Michael,

Greetings and I hope this finds you well. Thanks so much for your help a couple of weeks ago. I am still on the hunt and found a marriage record that is for my ancestor's probable brother, Leonard Diesing/Dysing. It is in the same priest's mixed Roman/Gothic handwriting from Tylice parish, and the village is Zajaczkowo.

This time instead of "Unteroffizier's daughter" it says "son ______________ Militar." I downloaded a pretty robust German = English military dictionary from the early 1900s but at least the way the longer word looks to me, I can't find an easy match in the dictionary. I almost see the word "frontier" in there but not quite. It made me wonder whether it says foreign military? That's total conjecture of course.

Finally, Leonard's occupation was Mueller of some kind. Muellergefall? Formerly a miller?
Thank you for any help you can provide!

Warm regards,
Tonya

Dear Tonya,

Leonard was as I read it “Sohn eines pensionierten Militär” (son of a military person on retired pay) and worked as “Müllergesell” (a journeyman miller who successfully completed his apprenticeship).

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:38 am      Post subject:

JDombrowski89 wrote:
If someone could give me a translation of this record I would be greatly appreciative.

Justin

Justin,

Please find attached the translation of the birth record.

Regards,
Micharel

A No. 24 Wierzonka on July 2, 1879.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the groom [Pferdeknecht] Josef Pospieski, residing in Wierzonka, Catholic religion, and gave notice that from Helene, born Segei, his wife, Catholic religion, residing in the home of the informant in Wierzonka on July 2 of the year thousand eight hundred seventy and nine at two p.m. a female child was born and that the child received the first name Rosalie.
Read aloud, authorized and signed by J. Pospieski
[Signature of Pospieski]
The Registrar
As deputy
Richter
tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:29 am      Post subject: Re: More military words?

Kmichael8 wrote:
Leonard was as I read it “Sohn eines pensionierten Militär” (son of a military person on retired pay) and worked as “Müllergesell” (a journeyman miller who successfully completed his apprenticeship).

Michael,

This is so helpful; thank you! And of course this means there may be pension records out there to be discovered. Smile

Best regards,
Tonya
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:36 pm      Post subject: Re: One more, maybe also military

tkowalska wrote:
Michael, here is one more record for Josephine Diesing with 1-2 words preceding daughter/tochter. It looks like it begins with a J. Like the others it is hard to read and I have had no luck with the online or military dictionaries. This is a record for an illegitimate birth but I think the column is for mother's status or occupation, so it should not be related to the child. Thank you! ~Tonya

Tonya, you are right regarding the colum, it is the mother's status. I read it as "Invaliden=Tochter" (daughter of an invalid [e.g. military peson]). Thank you for providing the additonal picture.
Michael
tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 am      Post subject: Re: One more, maybe also military

Kmichael8 wrote:
tkowalska wrote:

Tonya, you are right regarding the colum, it is the mother's status. I read it as "Invaliden=Tochter" (daughter of an invalid [e.g. military peson]). Thank you for providing the additonal picture.
Michael

Thank you, Michael--it is so interesting to learn from your thoughtful explanations!
tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:41 am      Post subject: George Diesing, Lidzbark/Lautenberg, 1807

Hello Michael,

I think this is an 1807 death record for Georg(e) Diesing, and it looks like the age is 65. Is the wife's name Lovisa/Louisa Dultkin? The record location is Lidzbark Welski (Lautenburg), woj. Warminsko-Mazurskie. Any additional place names and occupations would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you--for some reason I had an easier time learning Cyrillic handwriting than I am having with Gothic style.

The Diesing record is bottom entry.

Thank you so much!
Tonya

1807 d George Diesing Lidzbark cropped 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.91 MB

1807 d George Diesing Lidzbark cropped 2.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 8 of 95

Jump to: