PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:12 am      Post subject:

tubson wrote:
Could I please get help with the attached records? I speak a bit of German, but deciphering the dates and handwriting is much harder than I anticipated. Thanks in advance!

Hi tubson

Please find attached a translation of you records.

Best
Michael

Paul Dahlmann Marriage 1880

B. No. 7.
Tucholka, on September 18, 1880.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. The laborer [Arbeitsmann] Paul xxx [unsure about his second given name] Dahlmann, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on December 1, 1859 in Drausnitz, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau, son of the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Lucas Dahlmann and his wife Anna born Sarwatka, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau.

2. Anna Schreiber, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on March 20, 1860 in Fenbez, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau, daughter of the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Albert Schreiber and his wife Rosalie born Lapka, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau.

As witnesses:

3. The retired farmer [Altsitzer] Martin Friedrich, of known identity, 59 years old, residing in Gr[oß] Kensau.

4. The shoe maker [Schuhmacher] Michael Satz, of known identity, 23 years old, residing in Gr[oß] Kensau.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, approved, and certifying the deletion of the word ‘and’ in the third line [in this copy, the word ‘und’ is not deleted] because he cannot write from the groom marked with his sign, signed by the bride and the witnesses.
[Signatures].
The registrar.
[Signature].
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Tucholka, on September 18 1880.
The registrar.
[Signature].

Anna Dahlmann Marriage 1876

B. No. 4.
Tucholka, on June 15, 1876.

1. The laborer [Arbeitsmann] Johann Mahlke, of know identity, of Protestant religion, born on October 20, 1854 in Kl[ein] Kensau, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau, son of the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Gottlieb Mahlke and his deceased wife Caroline born Huebner, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau.

2. Anna Dahlmann, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on May 28, 1855 in Damerau, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau, daughter of the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Lucas Dahlmann and his wife Anna born Sawatzke, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau.

As witnesses:

3. The retired farmer [Altsitzer] Martin Friedrich, of known identity, 53 years old, residing in Gr[oß] Kensau [The registrar first wrote Kl(ein) and corrected it to Gr(oß)].

4. The laborer [Arbeitsmann] Franz Bamrach, of known identity, 28 years old, residing in Kl[ein] Kensau.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, approved, and because they cannot write from the spouses and the witness Bamrach marked with their signs, signed by the witness Friedrich.
[Signatures].
The registrar.
[Signature].
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Kensau, on June 3, 1943.
The registrar.
[Signature].

Jacob Dahlmann Marriage 1895

B. No. 14.
Kokotzko, on November 16, 1895.

1. The laborer [Arbeitsmann] Jacob Dahlmann, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on July 21, 1872 in Kl[ein] Kensau, county Tuchel, residing in Borowno, son of the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Lucas Dahlmann who deceased in Golloschütz [might be Golluschütz] and his wife Anna born Zawadka, living in America, residing in St. Louis.

2. Johanna Panska, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on November 25, 1874 in Bienkowko, county Culm, residing in Borowno, daughter of the deceased laborer [Arbeiters] Ignatz Panski and his wife Marianna born Dulinski, residing in Borowno.

As witnesses:

3. The inn owner [Gasthofbesitzer] Albert Manleitner, of known identity, 33 years old, residing in Kokotzko.

4. The boatman [Schiffer] Franz Wisniewski, of known identity, 32 years old, residing in Bienkowko.

Read aloud, approved, and signed.
[Signatures].
The registrar.
[Signature].
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:16 pm      Post subject: German Translation

Hi Michael,
Can you please translate this document for me? It's my great-grandfather's civil birth record. There is a lot of writing on it.

The information per his Roman Catholic Church Baptismal record from Gonsawa (Gasawa) (gmina Znin) stated he was born Jan Pisarski on July 4, 1881. He was baptized on July 10, 1881. His mother is Franciszka Pisarska. The father is unknown.

Thank you. Have a wonderful day!
Trish

Jan Pisarski Birth.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.99 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Jan Pisarski Birth.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:54 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation

Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,
Can you please translate this document for me? It's my great-grandfather's civil birth record. There is a lot of writing on it.

The information per his Roman Catholic Church Baptismal record from Gonsawa (Gasawa) (gmina Znin) stated he was born Jan Pisarski on July 4, 1881. He was baptized on July 10, 1881. His mother is Franciszka Pisarska. The father is unknown.

Trish

Hi Trish,

Please find attached the translation.

Best regards,
Michael

A. No. 78.
Gonsawa, on July 28, 1881.

In front of the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the unmarried day laborer Franziska Pisarska, residing in Gonsawa, of Catholic religion, and gave notice that

the unmarried Franziska Pisarska, she the informant, of Catholic religion, residing in Gonsawa in the house of the owner [Besitzer] Franz Stuff [unsure], in Gonsawa on July 4, 1881 at 8 o’clock p.m. gave birth to a child of male gender and that the child was given the name Johann.

Read aloud, approved, and marked with her sign [unterkreuzt]
Sign [Kreuz] +++ of Franziska Pisarska
The registrar.
[Signature].
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:32 pm      Post subject: Re: German Translation

Kmichael8 wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,

Trish

Hi Trish,

Please find attached the translation.

Best regards,
Michael

A. No. 78.
Gonsawa, on July 28, 1881.

In front of the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the unmarried day laborer Franziska Pisarska, residing in Gonsawa, of Catholic religion, and gave notice that

the unmarried Franziska Pisarska, she the informant, of Catholic religion, residing in Gonsawa in the house of the owner [Besitzer] Franz Stuff [unsure], in Gonsawa on July 4, 1881 at 8 o’clock p.m. gave birth to a child of male gender and that the child was given the name Johann.

Read aloud, approved, and marked with her sign [unterkreuzt]
Sign [Kreuz] +++ of Franziska Pisarska
The registrar.
[Signature].

Hi Michael,
Thank you so much for translating the record for me. I was hoping there were clues as to whom Jan's father was. Thank you for your time.

Have a wonderful day!
Trish
treich

Replies: 167

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:11 am      Post subject: Transcription and translation help request

The attached image is from a Michalki Lutheran church book. Can I get help with the transcription and translation of the column headings?

My transcription

Column 1: Namen des ? Dorfes
Column 2: Namen des Getauften und ? ? Datum des Geburt und ? und Taufe
Column 3: Namen des Eltern

My translation
Column 1: name of ? village
Column 2: name of the baptized and ? ? date of birth and ? and baptism
Column 3: name of parents

Screenshot 2022-12-29 110424.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.66 KB

Screenshot 2022-12-29 110424.jpg

treich

Replies: 167

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:22 am      Post subject: Translation Request

I have the following death record for Eva Treichel of Zakorcz. Can it be translated along with the column headings? I am interested to see if the other information, e.g. pag 5 No 41, is helpful.

Untitled.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  444.42 KB

Untitled.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:18 am      Post subject: Re: Transcription and translation help request

treich wrote:
The attached image is from a Michalki Lutheran church book. Can I get help with the transcription and translation of the column headings?

My transcription

Column 1: Namen des ? Dorfes
Column 2: Namen des Getauften und ? ? Datum des Geburt und ? und Taufe
Column 3: Namen des Eltern

My translation
Column 1: name of ? village
Column 2: name of the baptized and ? ? date of birth and ? and baptism
Column 3: name of parents

Please find some additons to your transcription and translation:

Column 1: Namen des Wohn-Ortes - names of the place of residence
Column 2: Namen der Getauften und ihrer Pathen / Datum der Geburt und empfangenen Taufe - names of the baptized and of the godparents / date of birth and date of received baptism
Column 3: Namen der Eltern - names of the parents
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:23 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

treich wrote:
I have the following death record for Eva Treichel of Zakorcz. Can it be translated along with the column headings? I am interested to see if the other information, e.g. pag 5 No 41, is helpful.

This is mainly a statistical analysis. According to this page Ewa, married Treichlin from Zakrocz [died] from a hair desease [Weichselzopf] on March 30th [1800], aged 45 years. [She left behind] 3 children under age. You might find additional details in the referred 1st and 2nd section of this book.

[left page]

Place of residence of the deceased - Zakorcz

Sum of all

Deceased – 40
    From the military – n/a

List of the deceased - Ewa married Treichlin from Zakrocz [died] from a hair desease [Weichselzopf] on March 30th [1800], aged 45 years. [She left behind] 3 children under age
1 By their first and last names
2 Status, residential and commercial
3 parents if alive, day and cause of death

Notes on the Modes of Death – n/a

Reference to the page and numbers of the 2nd section – pag. 5, no. 41

[right page]

Numbers of all
    Born untimely and dead
      Male
      Female

Born in wedlock

Died of the teeth

Male
    Up to the 1st year
    1 to 6 years

Female
    Up to the 1st year
    1 to 6 years

Numbers of all deaths in

Spring (months of March, April, May) - 20
    Summer (months June, July, August)
    Autumn (months of September, October, November)
    Winter (months of December, January, February)

Reference to the page and numbers of the first section – pag. 4, no. 41
Blue

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:58 am      Post subject: Marriage record explanation

Hi Michael

Can you please help me to understand the meaning of these two phrases I saw on a marriage record?

Wurden von demselben copuliert… → Does this mean “The married couple were…”

Getraut, e → Does this refer to the statistics of marriages? I found these words on a table heading for a list of marriages.
Blue

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:49 am      Post subject: Johanna Faltin Mandry - death record 1891

Hi Michael

Can you please also help me with this death record? I read it and translate it as:

[Year]: 1891
Page number: 394-395
Act number: 33.
Place of death: Gr[oss] Butschkau
Date of death: 17 November 1891
Date of burial: 20 November 1891
Name of deceased: Johanna Mandry geb[oren] Faltin, Einlieger [?] ___
Comments: 72 J[ahres] = 72 years. [Possibly parish record numbers:]? 18, 70, M, ___ [?]

Joanna Faltin Mandry - death 1891.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  514.68 KB

Joanna Faltin Mandry - death 1891.png

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:42 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage record explanation

Blue wrote:
Hi Michael

Can you please help me to understand the meaning of these two phrases I saw on a marriage record?

Wurden von demselben copuliert… → Does this mean “The married couple were…”

Getraut, e → Does this refer to the statistics of marriages? I found these words on a table heading for a list of marriages.

Hi Blue

I would translate “Wurden von demselben copuliert …“ with ”married from the same priest who was mentioned earlier". "Demselben" refers to the name of the priest who performed the marriage and who was mentioned in an earlier entry either on this page or in this year. “Getraute” - those who were married or the married couple.

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:43 am      Post subject: Re: Johanna Faltin Mandry - death record 1891

Blue wrote:
Hi Michael

Can you please also help me with this death record? I read it and translate it as:

[Year]: 1891
Page number: 394-395
Act number: 33.
Place of death: Gr[oss] Butschkau
Date of death: 17 November 1891
Date of burial: 20 November 1891
Name of deceased: Johanna Mandry geb[oren] Faltin, Einlieger [?] ___
Comments: 72 J[ahres] = 72 years. [Possibly parish record numbers:]? 18, 70, M, ___ [?]

Hi Blue

I would support your reading. Johanna was an “Einliegerwittwe”, the widow of a lodger. I don’t know the meaning of the numbers on the right page. It might help to see the whole page with other entries to get an idea.

Best regards,
Michael
Blue

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:04 am      Post subject: Other entries on the page for Johanna Mandry Faltin.

Thanks Michael for the explanation of the words about the marriage, as well as the information about Johanna's death record. I have attached the rest of the page of Johanna's death record, which also refers to different numbers in the last column for other people's deaths. I would really appreciate your thoughts about what those numbers mean.

Other info on Johanna Mandry page.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.77 MB

Other info on Johanna Mandry page.png

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:27 am      Post subject: Re: Other entries on the page for Johanna Mandry Faltin.

Blue wrote:
Thanks Michael for the explanation of the words about the marriage, as well as the information about Johanna's death record. I have attached the rest of the page of Johanna's death record, which also refers to different numbers in the last column for other people's deaths. I would really appreciate your thoughts about what those numbers mean.

I wonder whether this might be an amount, charged or more probable received. The “M” is short for “Mark”, the German currency. The Mark is separated from the Pfennig by a comma (the English would use a dot). What is written behind the “M” might be a short signature of the person who received the amount.
Blue

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:06 pm      Post subject: Thomas Osczęda - death 1855

Hi Michael

Thanks for the explanation about the comments in the final column of Johanna's death record. Can you please also help me with another death record? I can only read a few words as follows:

Page: 246-247
Parish: Türkwitz [Turkowy]
Year: 1855
Act number: 67
Datum das ____ = Date of death: 28 November 1855

Details: ____ November (1855) ___ Gohle ____ Thomas Osczęda ____ 1st December c ____
Alter Jahres: 70 = aged 70 years
Civil Mannlich = Statistics: male
Comments 1: ____
Comments 2: Thomas Osczęda [seems to refer to the name of the deceased]

Thomasz Osczeda - death 1855.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB

Thomasz Osczeda - death 1855.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 78 of 95

Jump to: