PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 691

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:11 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
Would you please translate this birth notice for Martin Wujek? Thank you. wuness

The most important thing is here:
Michałowo, on October 14, 1887
Father: Thomas (Tomasz) Wujek, Catholic
Mother: Agnes (Agnieszka) Wujek nee Matuszczak, Catholic
Both residing in Ulejno
Children: Martin (Marcin) born in Uljeno, on October 10, 1887

Best regards, Barbara
Kmichael8

Replies: 547

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:28 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation request

BarbOslo wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,

This request was edited for I found a better copy of the birth record.

I am hoping you can help me figure out this birth record.

This is what I know.
Franz Broda (aka-Franz Brodda) and Juliann Slomska had a set of twins on April 17, 1892. They are record number 37 and 38. I do not see a name for the twins. Do see a name for the twins?

There is writing at the end of the record that I cannot make out. Can you make it what it saying? I believe it stating the names of the spouses for the twins, is this correc?

Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day!
Trish

Hi Trish,
The priest forgot to write the names of the children. Only that they were the twins of Franz Brodda and his wife Julia. On the right is the date, place and name of the spouse. From the names of spouses, Franz Brodda and Julia had a son and a daughter. The daughter married Stanislaw Kobialka on 23.06.1918 in Poselge (Polish Żuławka Sztumska). The son married Gertruda San(?) on 5.12.1930. Can't read the name of the place where they got married.

Maybe Michael can read what I couldn't.

Barbara

Hi Trish and Barbara,

I fear the priest did not forget to write the names of the children. The church book has a tight binding, hence they are hard to read. The first given name ends “ziska” so it might be “Franziska”. The second name is unreadable, but I agree with Barbara, it was a boy. He married in Gelsenkirchen, a city in the Ruhr area in Western Germany.

Best regards,
Michael
HelpTheFamily

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:30 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation request

Did you translate the Record?
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:51 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation request

Kmichael8 wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,

This is what I know.
Franz Broda (aka-Franz Brodda) and Juliann Slomska had a set of twins on April 17, 1892. They are record number 37 and 38. I do not see a name for the twins. Do see a name for the twins?

There is writing at the end of the record that I cannot make out. Can you make it what it saying? I believe it stating the names of the spouses for the twins, is this correc?

Trish

Hi Trish,
The priest forgot to write the names of the children. Only that they were the twins of Franz Brodda and his wife Julia. On the right is the date, place and name of the spouse. From the names of spouses, Franz Brodda and Julia had a son and a daughter. The daughter married Stanislaw Kobialka on 23.06.1918 in Poselge (Polish Żuławka Sztumska). The son married Gertruda San(?) on 5.12.1930. Can't read the name of the place where they got married.

Barbara

Hi Trish and Barbara,

I fear the priest did not forget to write the names of the children. The church book has a tight binding, hence they are hard to read. The first given name ends “ziska” so it might be “Franziska”. The second name is unreadable, but I agree with Barbara, it was a boy. He married in Gelsenkirchen, a city in the Ruhr area in Western Germany.

Best regards,
Michael
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:57 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation request

BarbOslo wrote:
Kmichael8 wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,

This is what I know.

Trish

Hi Trish,

Barbara

Hi Trish and Barbara,

Best regards,
Michael

I'm impressed, Michael. The name of this place was difficult to read.Absolutely correct what you say. There is a tight binding. I did not look at this colony. It could be a girl named Franciszka.
Have a great day Michael and Trish!
Smile Barbara
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:48 am      Post subject:

HelpTheFamily wrote:
Can you please translate this?

Married: November 21, 1843 – Białystok Evangelical Church

Groom: Gottlieb (Bogumił) Schroeder, single from Knyszyn. Son of Christoph (Krzysztof) Schröder and Caroline (Karolina) nee Tarog. Born in Jurowce. 22 years old.

Bride: Auguste (Augustyna) Hübner, single from Knyszyn. Daughter of Gottlieb Benjamin (Bogumił Beniamin) and Johanne Susanne (Joanna Zuzanna) nee Schultz. Born in Ozorków. 20 years old.
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:06 am      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Groom: Gottlieb (Bogumił) Schroeder, single from Knyszyn. Son of Christoph (Krzysztof) Schröder and Caroline (Karolina) nee Tarog. Born in Jurowce. 22 years old.

Bride: Auguste (Augustyna) Hübner, single from Knyszyn. Daughter of Gottlieb Benjamin (Bogumił Beniamin) and Johanne Susanne (Joanna Zuzanna) nee Schultz. Born in Ozorków. 20 years old.

Thanks!

How about the other one? (Sorry for being annoying).
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 am      Post subject:

HelpTheFamily wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Thanks!

Married: September 29, 1865 – Białystok Evangelical Lutheran Church

Groom: Gustav (Gustaw) Schröder, Single, miller from Rybnik (Rybniki). Son of Gottlieb (Bogumił) Schroeder and Auguste (Augustyna) Hübner. Born i Jurowiec (Jurowce). 20 years old. Evang. Luth.

Bride: Marcella Bulwin, single from Halinówka. Daughter of Ferdinand (Ferdynand) Bulwin and Constantia (Konstancja) nee Mudrygal. Born in Jurowiec (Jurowce). 18 years old.
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:06 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Thanks!

Married: September 29, 1865 – Białystok Evangelical Lutheran Church

Groom: Gustav (Gustaw) Schröder, Single, miller from Rybnik (Rybniki). Son of Gottlieb (Bogumił) Schroeder and Auguste (Augustyna) Hübner. Born i Jurowiec (Jurowce). 20 years old. Evang. Luth.

Bride: Marcella Bulwin, single from Halinówka. Daughter of Ferdinand (Ferdynand) Bulwin and Constantia (Konstancja) nee Mudrygal. Born in Jurowiec (Jurowce). 18 years old.

BarbOslo,

How are you so good at this? You found my original Records, and translated, and even helped others! Your Amazing!
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:49 am      Post subject: Hübner & Shultz

Can anyone please translate this Marriage Record?

B199AC6B-0ABD-41D6-9B7C-F5313D439163.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

B199AC6B-0ABD-41D6-9B7C-F5313D439163.jpeg

DCE048B1-7B67-4F50-B3FA-6B34F7936116-min.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

DCE048B1-7B67-4F50-B3FA-6B34F7936116-min.jpeg

0102CE41-2EC6-4F83-AB55-0B3A164018B8-min.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

0102CE41-2EC6-4F83-AB55-0B3A164018B8-min.jpeg

Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 299

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:46 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation request

BarbOslo wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
Kmichael8 wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,

This is what I know.

Trish

Hi Trish,

Barbara

Hi Trish and Barbara,

Best regards,
Michael

I'm impressed, Michael. The name of this place was difficult to read.Absolutely correct what you say. There is a tight binding. I did not look at this colony. It could be a girl named Franciszka.
Have a great day Michael and Trish!
Smile Barbara

Hi Michael and Barbara,
Thank you so much for looking at this record and for trying to figure out what it says. I know the handwriting was difficult. I appreciate your time.

Have a wonderful day!
Trish
wuness

Replies: 84

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:28 pm      Post subject:

Barbara: Thank you for the translation of Martin Wujek's Birth Certificate. I have two other questions about the document. What work did the father, Thomas, do. Farm hand, laborer, etc.? Also, did the +++ at the bottom indicate the parents were illiterate? wuness
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:46 pm      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
Barbara: Thank you for the translation of Martin Wujek's Birth Certificate. I have two other questions about the document. What work did the father, Thomas, do. Farm hand, laborer, etc.? Also, did the +++ at the bottom indicate the parents were illiterate? wuness

Hi,
Father's occupation/status - "german vornal". Will translate to farmhand.
Read aloud, approved, and because the informant cannot write. Marked with +++.

Best regards, Barbara
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:02 am      Post subject:

Translate this please

2BAFEAA7-ED24-4A30-BD7D-C03DA4988119.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.5 MB

2BAFEAA7-ED24-4A30-BD7D-C03DA4988119.jpeg

wuness

Replies: 84

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:34 pm      Post subject:

I have a general question about Prussian vital records. I have a civil marriage certificate from 1897 which lists the parents of the bride. Can you tell me whether it was general practice in a document like this, in this time period, to list both parents only if they were both alive. I ask because I have seen some documents with only one parent listed and I assumed the other parent was deceased. I am trying to find the death dates of the parents, and this information would be helpful in establishing the dates they were still living. Thank you. wuness
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 94, 95, 96  Next Page 80 of 96

Jump to: