PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Author
Message
mcdonald0517
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 27 May 2012
Replies: 445

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:38 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thank you, Michael, for the translation of the birth record. Yes, that first letter of the place threw me off because it looks like "F' not "P", but the rest of the word looks like ?entzken. I have other records that showJacob was living at Pentzken estate, so that is probably what it is.

I have a specific question about a record I am attaching. It is a death record for Christian Radziminski son of Michael Radziminski. It is entry #12 on the page. What are the two words at the end of the first line, right after "Michael Radziminsky"? It looks to my eyes like: "adal:Lub". I can't tell if that is an abbreviation for something or if it is the beginning of a word that continues on the second line. Can you make it out?

Again, many thanks,
and Merry Christmas to you and an abundance of blessings in the New Year!

Cynthia



1771 Xstian Radziminski death.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  1771 Xstian Radziminski death.pdf
 Filesize:  1.65 MB
 Downloaded:  17 Time(s)

View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 91

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:46 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Thank you, Michael, for the translation of the birth record. Yes, that first letter of the place threw me off because it looks like "F' not "P", but the rest of the word looks like ?entzken. I have other records that showJacob was living at Pentzken estate, so that is probably what it is.

I have a specific question about a record I am attaching. It is a death record for Christian Radziminski son of Michael Radziminski. It is entry #12 on the page. What are the two words at the end of the first line, right after "Michael Radziminsky"? It looks to my eyes like: "adal:Lub". I can't tell if that is an abbreviation for something or if it is the beginning of a word that continues on the second line. Can you make it out?

Again, many thanks,
and Merry Christmas to you and an abundance of blessings in the New Year!

Cynthia


Hello Cynthia,

The first of the two words after Mich. Radziminski’s name I read as “adel:” short for “adeliger” or noble. From the context I would assume that the second word begins in the first line and is continued in the second line till the first insertion “cath: Rel:” before “Sohn”. But unfortunately I cannot tell what the second word means.

Best regards and a Happy New Year.
Michael
View user's profile
Send private message
mcdonald0517
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 27 May 2012
Replies: 445

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:31 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thank you, Michael. Two questions:

1. Does it look to your eyes like the word at the end of the first line (and possibly continuing on second line) after adal: is Lubicz or the abbreviation for the heraldry of Lubicz? The reason I ask is that I found the Radziminski family (including the family in Frankenau) in a Lexicon of Prussian Nobility dated 1855. This lexicon indicated their heraldry was h. Lubicz. I don't want to mistakenly read something into it that isn't really in the record....

2. Does "cath: Rel:" mean they were Catholic? That would surprise me because in all other records I have found they were evangelical.

Thank you again! And, Happy New Year to you as well.
All the best,
Cynthia
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 91

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:52 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Thank you, Michael. Two questions:

1. Does it look to your eyes like the word at the end of the first line (and possibly continuing on second line) after adal: is Lubicz or the abbreviation for the heraldry of Lubicz? The reason I ask is that I found the Radziminski family (including the family in Frankenau) in a Lexicon of Prussian Nobility dated 1855. This lexicon indicated their heraldry was h. Lubicz. I don't want to mistakenly read something into it that isn't really in the record....

2. Does "cath: Rel:" mean they were Catholic? That would surprise me because in all other records I have found they were evangelical.

Thank you again! And, Happy New Year to you as well.
All the best,
Cynthia


Hello Cynthia,

I had a second look at the document you provided and compared your entry with the other entries on that page. If you look at the last entry of the page you will find a quite similar structure and probably also a similar wording: “child’s name, father’s name, father’s status and religion”.

The status is provided as "adel: Einsaaße cath: Relig:". I would assume, that in your entry the same words are used, so Michel. Radziminski was also an "adel: Einsaaße cath: Rel:". Regarding the term “adeliger Einsasse” you will remember our discussion from summer 2017.

So to answer your questions: for my understanding there is no “Lubicz” mentioned in the entry and yes, this is an entry for a person of Catholic religion.

All the best
Michael
View user's profile
Send private message
acelebucki1



Joined: 04 Dec 2018
Replies: 3
Location: Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey, United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:45 pm      Post subject: Record Translation from Prussia In German
Reply with quote

Hello.

In need of translation of the attached record. I've done well with Polish translations but don't have a clue about what this one says. This record is for my great-great grandfather.

Not sure why there is writing in the right margin but looking for translation of the official document.

Thank You,



Sarnowski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Sarnowski.jpg



_________________
ANNA CELEBUCKI
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 91

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 am      Post subject: Re: Record Translation from Prussia In German
Reply with quote

acelebucki1 wrote:
Hello.

In need of translation of the attached record. I've done well with Polish translations but don't have a clue about what this one says. This record is for my great-great grandfather.

Not sure why there is writing in the right margin but looking for translation of the official document.

Thank You,


Hello Anna,

This record is a death certificate written in German:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 134.
Culmsee [Chełmża], on September 10, 1890.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the house owners wife [die Hausbesitzerfrau] Johanna Sarnowska, born Milewska, residing in Culmsee, Culmer Chaussee [literally: the causeway to Culm], and gave notice that the house owner [Hausbesitzer] Johann Sarnowski, her husband, 76 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Culmsee, born in Neudorf [Nowawieś Chełmińska], county of Culm, son of the deceased spouses cottager [Käthner] Sarnowski [Sarnowskischen Eheleute], details cannot be given, in Culmsee in her home on September 9 of the year thousand eight hundred and ninety at nine o’clock p.m. had died. The notice giver declared, that she knows about this death from own experience.
Read aloud, authorized and marked with the sign of the notice giver, because she cannot write.
+++.
The Registrar.
(Signature).

The comment on the right was added later. In a nutshell it says: no will, a property of 150 Mark, the marriage existed for more than 50 years, and gives the names of five children.

Best regards,
Michael
View user's profile
Send private message
acelebucki1



Joined: 04 Dec 2018
Replies: 3
Location: Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey, United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 am      Post subject: Re: Record Translation from Prussia In German
Reply with quote

Kmichael8 wrote:
acelebucki1 wrote:
Hello.

In need of translation of the attached record. I've done well with Polish translations but don't have a clue about what this one says. This record is for my great-great grandfather.

Not sure why there is writing in the right margin but looking for translation of the official document.

Thank You,


Hello Anna,

This record is a death certificate written in German:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 134.
Culmsee [Chełmża], on September 10, 1890.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the house owners wife [die Hausbesitzerfrau] Johanna Sarnowska, born Milewska, residing in Culmsee, Culmer Chaussee [literally: the causeway to Culm], and gave notice that the house owner [Hausbesitzer] Johann Sarnowski, her husband, 76 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Culmsee, born in Neudorf [Nowawieś Chełmińska], county of Culm, son of the deceased spouses cottager [Käthner] Sarnowski [Sarnowskischen Eheleute], details cannot be given, in Culmsee in her home on September 9 of the year thousand eight hundred and ninety at nine o’clock p.m. had died. The notice giver declared, that she knows about this death from own experience.
Read aloud, authorized and marked with the sign of the notice giver, because she cannot write.
+++.
The Registrar.
(Signature).

The comment on the right was added later. In a nutshell it says: no will, a property of 150 Mark, the marriage existed for more than 50 years, and gives the names of five children.

Best regards,
Michael

_________________
ANNA CELEBUCKI
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
acelebucki1



Joined: 04 Dec 2018
Replies: 3
Location: Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey, United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:21 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thank You Michael!
_________________
ANNA CELEBUCKI
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
szynkiewicz



Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Replies: 28
Location: Chicago, USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:31 am      Post subject: Marriage Record Translation
Reply with quote

Hello! I have a marriage record written in German from the town of Piekary Śląskie in Silesia. May 26, 1877, marriage of Franz Mika and Rosalie Gora. If someone could translate that would be very appreciated! Thank you Smile

Franz's parents: Stanislaus Mika, Agnes Maletz
Rosalie's parents: Anton Gora, Agnes Skutnik



Franz Mika (reduced).png
 Description:
Franz Mika & Rosalie Gora Marriage 1877
 Filesize:  1.98 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Franz Mika (reduced).png


View user's profile
Send private message
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 91

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:53 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Translation
Reply with quote

szynkiewicz wrote:
Hello! I have a marriage record written in German from the town of Piekary Śląskie in Silesia. May 26, 1877, marriage of Franz Mika and Rosalie Gora. If someone could translate that would be very appreciated! Thank you Smile

Franz's parents: Stanislaus Mika, Agnes Maletz
Rosalie's parents: Anton Gora, Agnes Skutnik


Hello,

Your record:

B [indicating it’s a marriage record] No. 21

Samuelsglückgrube [literally: the mine called Samuel's luck] on May 26, 1877

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. the miner [Bergmann] Franz Mika of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on October 28, 1850 in Warnow, Kreis Lublinitz, residing in Kolonie Brzezina Gemeinde Kamin, son of the lodger [Einlieger] Stanislaus Mika and his wife Agnes born Maletz residing in Kolonie Brzezina – Kamin

2. the widow Rosalie Scheliga of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on August 23, 1846 in Stolarzowitz [Stollarzowitz or Stolarzowice], Kreis Tarnowitz, residing in Kolonie Brzezina Gemeinde Kamin, daughter of the tenant [Stellenpächter] Anton Gora and his wife Agnes born Skutnia, residing in Alt Repten, Kreis Tarnowitz

The second page of the document was not provided.

Best regards,
Michael
View user's profile
Send private message
szynkiewicz



Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Replies: 28
Location: Chicago, USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:04 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Translation
Reply with quote

Thank you so much! Helped a lot
View user's profile
Send private message
szynkiewicz



Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Replies: 28
Location: Chicago, USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:05 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Translation
Reply with quote

I have the second page of the document, but wasnt sure if it had any relevance.
View user's profile
Send private message
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 91

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:04 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Translation
Reply with quote

szynkiewicz wrote:
I have the second page of the document, but wasnt sure if it had any relevance.


The second page shows name, status, age and residence of the witnesses, the usual clause that groom and bride are married now and the signatures. No new information about groom or bride.
View user's profile
Send private message
crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 03 May 2015
Replies: 103

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 pm      Post subject: Kolczak Marriage document
Reply with quote

Hello, I would greatly appreciate a translation of this marriage document. Thank you for all you great work.
Christine



Kolczak Jozef_Anna Babinska DMAINO m...jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.62 MB
 Viewed:  1 Time(s)

Kolczak Jozef_Anna Babinska DMAINO m...jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 91

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:41 am      Post subject: Re: Kolczak Marriage document
Reply with quote

crispm28 wrote:
Hello, I would greatly appreciate a translation of this marriage document. Thank you for all you great work.
Christine


Hello Christine,

Please find attached the translation of your document.

Best regards,
Michael

Marriage Record
Registry office Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt No. 215/1947.
The welder [it’s written “Schweizer” i.e. Swiss citizen but I assume what was meant is “Schweißer”] Josef Kolczak of Catholic religion, residing in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, born on April 4, 1911 in Jersew, Kreis Lodz [might be Jeżew in the county of Łódź] [registry office and no. are not provided] and Anna Babinska, without a profession, born Domiano, of Catholic religion, residing in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, born on Dezember 11, 1914 in Bochorocz, Kreis Stanislawow / Poland [might be Bohorodczany in the county of Stanisławów] [registry office and no. are not provided] have married on June 7, 1947 before the registry office of Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt.
Remarks: [none]
Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, on June 7, 1947. The Registrar. As representative (signature).
View user's profile
Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 Page 17 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2019 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM