PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 58

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:20 pm      Post subject:

Thank you!
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:33 pm      Post subject:

hi michael, hope you are well

attached i have a marriage record from germany. it is written in latin but the handwriting is a mix between german letters and another. I was wondering if you had a guess as to the place john schwaiger is from (underlined in red)

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.92 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:39 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
hi michael, hope you are well

attached i have a marriage record from germany. it is written in latin but the handwriting is a mix between german letters and another. I was wondering if you had a guess as to the place john schwaiger is from (underlined in red)

Hi Andrew

I would read this as „Sindlstorf”, a modern spelling could be “Sindelsdorf”.
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:55 am      Post subject:

thanks Michael, that's the one!
trinkelson

Replies: 44

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:31 pm      Post subject:

Asking for help with German cursive translation please. Attached is an Aschaffenburg registration card for my uncle. It was my understanding he was taken forcibly (along with four brothers) from Poland to Germany. The card indicates he was married to a German girl. There is also a reference to a female child Gabriele Maria. I'm interested in finding out if Gabriele was his biological child. She would be my first cousin.

DalentaPeterB19180214AschaffenburgRegCardSide2.jpg
 Description:
Side 2 of card
 Filesize:  258.77 KB

DalentaPeterB19180214AschaffenburgRegCardSide2.jpg

DalentaPeterB19180214AschaffenburgRegCardSide1.jpg
 Description:
Side 1 of card
 Filesize:  372.83 KB

DalentaPeterB19180214AschaffenburgRegCardSide1.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:04 am      Post subject:

trinkelson wrote:
Asking for help with German cursive translation please. Attached is an Aschaffenburg registration card for my uncle. It was my understanding he was taken forcibly (along with four brothers) from Poland to Germany. The card indicates he was married to a German girl. There is also a reference to a female child Gabriele Maria. I'm interested in finding out if Gabriele was his biological child. She would be my first cousin.

Hello,

According to the information on side 1 Peter Dalenta and Margot Maria Ruoff married on August 22, 1949 in Aschaffenburg. Gabriela Maria Ruoff was born on July 12, 1947 in Aschaffenburg, i.e. before Peter and Margot Maria married. In the lower right field of side 2 “Allgemeine Vorbemerkungen” is noted:

“Der Bauschlosser Peter Dalenta, polnischer Staatsangehöriger hat durch Erklärung gegenüber dem Standesbeamten zu Aschaffenburg dem von seiner nunmehrigen Ehefrau am 12.7.47 in Aschaffenburg unehelich geborenen Kinde Gabriele Maria Ruof seinen Familiennamen „Dalenta“ erteilt. (Laut Mitteilung des Standesamtes Aschaffenburg vom 7.10.49.)“ [Through a declaration made before the civil registrar the building fitter Peter Dalenta, a Polish citizen, gave the child Gabriele Maria Ruof, who was born out of wedlock from his current wife on July 12, 47 in Aschaffenburg, his family name "Dalenta". (According to a notification from the Aschaffenburg registry office from October 7, 49)]

My understanding is, this is not an acknowledgement of paternity (“eine Anerkennung der Vaterschaft”) but a conferring of the new family name to a step child (“Einbennung des Kindes in eine Stieffamilie”).

Hope this helps,
Michael
trinkelson

Replies: 44

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:09 am      Post subject: Translation additional questions

Thank you very much. Your response answers the main question. But, now I have some additional questions:
- For what purpose were these documents maintained? Was there one for every resident? One per family? Only for foreign laborers?
- Side 1 block "Aufenthaltsverhaltnisse" lists Peter's location from 2.2.1944-11.4.1944 as Arbeit...lager. I assume this was some kind of work camp. Can you decipher more precisely what kind of camp? Was it punitive or simply a place to house arbeitskommandos?
- Side 2 Augestellte Papiere. Can you determine what the two documents issued were?
Thanks again for your assistance.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:58 am      Post subject: Re: Translation additional questions

trinkelson wrote:
Thank you very much. Your response answers the main question. But, now I have some additional questions:
- For what purpose were these documents maintained? Was there one for every resident? One per family? Only for foreign laborers?
- Side 1 block "Aufenthaltsverhaltnisse" lists Peter's location from 2.2.1944-11.4.1944 as Arbeit...lager. I assume this was some kind of work camp. Can you decipher more precisely what kind of camp? Was it punitive or simply a place to house arbeitskommandos?
- Side 2 Augestellte Papiere. Can you determine what the two documents issued were?
Thanks again for your assistance.

Hello

Germany had and still has a so called “Meldewesen”, a system of registration for every resident. If you move into a flat or leave it to live elsewhere, you have to register at the registration office (“Meldeamt”). The data are processed on a household level (you might know it from the U.S. Census), so you will find a card (“Meldekarte”) for every household (see for example the reference next to the field “Eltern der 1. Frau” on side 1, they had a card of their own).

He was in a so called “Arbeitserziehungslager” or “labor education camp”. These camps were punitive and mostly with a temporary stay. A detailed description can be found here:
https://www.wikiwand.com/de/Arbeitserziehungslager
It’s German, French or Dutch only, but Google translator might help.

I assume these documents were “Kennkarten”. They were issued on September 9, 1946. One for Peter, the other one for Margot Maria (“f. Ehefr.” or “for his wife”). “Kennkarten” were issued as identity cards (”allgemeiner polizeilicher Inlandausweis“) as of 1938 and – modified – still in use in the first years after WWII.

Best regards,
Michael
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:40 pm      Post subject:

hey michael,

can you please translate the attached? It's from a death record in 1813 in Gunzburg, Augsburg. The only word I can read is Gunzburg lol

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.06 KB

Capture.JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:57 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
hey michael,

can you please translate the attached? It's from a death record in 1813 in Gunzburg, Augsburg. The only word I can read is Gunzburg lol

Hi Andrew,

I would read this as:

Ist auf dem Greigberg
Hofe, wo sein Sohn
Pächter ist, gestorben.

He died on the Greigberg farm, where his son is a tenant.
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:14 pm      Post subject:

Thank you
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:14 pm      Post subject:

Thank you
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:54 pm      Post subject:

michael,

i have three requests and i hate to bunch them together in one request, but it is all the same family. I also apologize but the church books aren't in the best shape (along with the film).

Can you please translate the german in these? I'm hoping you can see some of it. I really appreciate it.

capture - marriage 151 - Frederick Carl Andrew Himburg (Berlin, Germany) 1852
capture2 - marriage 27 - Theodore Carl Frederick Himburg (Burg, Germany) 1849
capture3 - marriage 1 - John Frederick Herman Himburg (Buffalo, NY) 1856

capture2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.93 MB

capture2.JPG

capture3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.77 MB

capture3.jpg

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.67 MB

Capture.JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:00 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
michael,

i have three requests and i hate to bunch them together in one request, but it is all the same family. I also apologize but the church books aren't in the best shape (along with the film).

Can you please translate the german in these? I'm hoping you can see some of it. I really appreciate it.

capture - marriage 151 - Frederick Carl Andrew Himburg (Berlin, Germany) 1852
capture2 - marriage 27 - Theodore Carl Frederick Himburg (Burg, Germany) 1849
capture3 - marriage 1 - John Frederick Herman Himburg (Buffalo, NY) 1856

Hello Andrew,

Please find attached the translations for the Himburg sons.

Best regards,
Michael

Theodor Karl Friedrich Himburg 1849

The local cloth weaver [Tuchwebergesell] Theodor Karl Friedrich Himburg, of Protestant religion, son of the deceased Karl Jakob Himburg, a master tailor [Schneidermeister] in Treptow an der Toll, and of Anna Maria Dorothea Schramm, 25 ½ years old, a bachelor, with the written consent of his mother

and

Christina Henrietta Katharina Kaul, of Protestant religion, daughter of Johann Friedrich Kaul, a boatman [Schiffmann] in Bittkau, and of Maria Sophia Buchwitz, 27 ½ years old, a maiden, with the written consent of her parents

married on July 8, 1849. The name of the clergyman was Weber.

Hermann Johann Friedrich Himburg 1856

The barber Hermann Johann Friedrich Himburg, a bachelor, 26 years old, from Treptow an der Tollense in Pomerania, son of the deceased [Weil. or Weyland] Jacob Himburg, a tailor [Schneider] in Treptow an der Tollense in Pomerania and of Wm. [Wilhelmine] Maria Himburg, born Schramm,

and

Wm. [Wilhemine] Maria Henning, born Gentow, from Roggenhagen in Mecklenburg Strelitz, 42 years old [no information about the parents provided],

married on February 20, 1856. The name of the clergyman was Greba, witnesses were Gottlieb Henning with his wife and Ferd. [Ferdinand] Gantner with his wife.

Friedrich Carl Andreas Himburg 1852

The local blacksmith [Schmiedegeselle] Friedrich Carl Andreas Himburg, legitimate son of Hermann Carl Jacob Himburg, a master tailor who died in Treptow an der Tollense, 27 years old, unmarried, with the written approval of his mother’s consent

and

Caroline Friederike Christiane Schumacher, legitimate daughter of Hermann Johann Friedrich Schumacher, a farming citizen [Ackerbürger] who died in Treptow an der Tollense [her mother already died, too], 26 ¾ years old, unmarried

married on May 4, 1852. The name of the clergyman was Ideler.
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:39 am      Post subject:

Thanks Michael this is amazing! And perfect timing, i am meeting my relatives in a few hours about this family. Much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 33 of 95

Jump to: