PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:00 am      Post subject:

jmcenaney wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to have the first death record on this page translated to English. The indexed information states its a death record for Peter Schalkenbach in the year 1823 in Trier, Germany. His wife is listed as Anna Maria Neusius. Thank you!

Hi Jaime,

I am afraid that the indexed information is wrong. This document is the death record of Magdalena Schalkenbach, wife of Jakob Weidig, daughter of the deceased Peter Schalkenbach. Please find attached a transcription followed by the translation.

Best regards,
Michael

No. 481. Sterbe-Akt.
Im Jahre ein Tausend acht Hundert zwanzig drei den dreizehnten
des Monats November um zehn Uhr des Morgens erschien
vor mir Civilstands-Beamter zu Trier im Kanton Trier
im Kreise Trier, Jakob Weidig
wohnhaft zu Trier von Profession ein Tagelöhner
dreißig neun Jahr, Ehemann anverwandt mit dem Verstorbenen, und
Nikolas Schalkenbach wohnhaft zu Trier
von Profession ein Perückenmacher alt zwanzig fünf Jahr, Bruder
anverwandt mit dem Verstorbenen, und erklärten, daß am zwölften
des Monats November um zwei Uhr des Nachmittags zu Trier
die Magdalena Schalkenbach, Ehefrau des Jakob Weidig, geboren zu Trier
alt zwanzig acht Jahr, wohnhaft zu Trier von
Profession ein ohne Tochter des verlebten Peter Schalkenbach
von Profession ein Handelsmann wohnhaft zu Trier
und der Anna Maria Neusius verstorben sey;
worüber ich gegenwärtigen Akt aufgesetzt habe, welcher nach gegebener Vorlesung desselben von
den Anzeigenden und von mir in doppeltem Original unterschrieben und gehandzeichnet wurde.
So geschehen zu Trier am Tag, Monat und Jahr wie oben.
Schalkenbach, Jacob Weidig erklärte nicht schreiben zu können
der delegierte Beigeordnete [Signature]

No. 481. Death record.

On November 13, 1823 at 10 o’clock a.m. appeared before me, the civil servant in Trier, Kanton Trier, Kreis Trier,

Jakob Weidig, residing in Trier, a day laborer, 39 years old, husband of the deceased
and
Nikolas Schalkenbach, residing in Trier, a wigmaker, 25 years old, brother of the deceased

and declared, that on November 12, at 2 o’clock p.m. in Trier Magdalena Schalkenbach, wife of Jakob Weidig, born in Trier, 28 years old, residing in Trier, without profession, daughter of the deceased Peter Schalkenbach, a tradesman, residing in Trier, and of Anna Maria Neusius, died;

about which I have drawn up the present document, which after a given reading of the same by the notifying parties and myself was signed and hand-drawn in duplicate.

Trier, the day, month and year as above.
Schalkenbach, Jacob Weidig declared that he is not able to write
the associate deputy [Signature]
jmcenaney

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:16 pm      Post subject:

Thank you. This is all very useful. I sincerely appreciate it.
jmcenaney

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:01 pm      Post subject:

Here's another one. I believe it's a death record for Apollonia Braun. First entry. Thank you as always! I'm amazed you can decipher the handwriting in these!

ApolloniaBraun.death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.72 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

ApolloniaBraun.death.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 am      Post subject:

jmcenaney wrote:
Here's another one. I believe it's a death record for Apollonia Braun. First entry. Thank you as always! I'm amazed you can decipher the handwriting in these!

Hi Jaime,

Please find attached a transcription followed by the translation of the death record for Apollonia Braun.

Best regards,
Michael

No. 457. Sterbe-Akt.
Im Jahre eintausend achthundert ein siebenzig, am sechs und zwanzigsten des Monats
Juli um neun Uhr des Vormittags, erschien vor mir Franz
Melchior, delegierter Beigeordneter des
Oberbürgermeister und Civilstandsbeamten der Oberbürgermeisterei Trier, im Stadtkreis Trier, Regierungsbezirk
Trier, Landgerichtsbezirk Trier,

Wilhelm Buschmann,
alt sieben und dreißig Jahre, Schuhmacher von Stand, wohnhaft
zu Trier, welcher ein Eidam der Verstorbenen zu sein angab
und Joseph Kann,
alt sechs und vierzig Jahre, Schuhmacher von Stand, wohnhaft
zu Trier, welcher ein Nachbar der Verstorbenen zu sein angab;

welche beide mir erklärten, daß im Jahre eintausend achthundert ein siebenzig, am sechs und
zwanzigsten des Monats Juli um fünf Uhr Morgens
zu Trier verstorben sei: Apollonia Braun
Wittwe erster Ehemann Valentin Schalkenbach, zweiter
Ehemann Sebastian Weidig und dritter Ehemann
Johann Adam Schmidt
geboren zu Gondorf, alt zwei und siebenzig Jahre
ohne Stand, wohnhaft zu Trier
Tochter von Peter Braun
Zimmermann von Stand wohnhaft zuletzt zu Gondorf
und dessen Ehefrau Maria Scheuren
wohnhaft zuletzt in Gondorf.

Worüber gegenwärtiger Akt, nachdem sich der Civilstandsbeamte vom Tode der gedachten Person über-
zeugt hatte, aufgesetzt und, nach Vorlesung von den Anzeigenden und dem Civilstandsbeamten in doppeltem Original
unterschrieben wurde.
So geschehen zu Trier am Tag, Monat und Jahr wie oben.
W. Buschmann, Jos. Weidig, Melchior

No. 481. Death record.

In the year one thousand eight hundred and seventy one, on the twenty sixth of the month of July, at nine o’clock in the morning, appeared before me, Franz Melchior, delegated mayor, head mayor and civil servant of the “Oberbürgermeisterei Trier” [The mayor’s office Trier], “im Stadt-Kreis Trier” [As a “Stadt-Kreis” Trier was a city with own state government offices], “Regierungs- und Landgerichtsbezirk Trier” [The administrative district as well as the “Landgericht” or District Court for Trier was in Trier.]

Wilhelm Buschmann, thirty seven years of age, shoe maker of status, residing in Trier, who claimed to be the son-in-law of the deceased
and
Joseph Kann, forty six years of age, shoe maker of status, residing in Trier, who claimed to be a neighbor of the deceased;

the two of them declared that in the year one thousand eight hundred seventy one, on the twenty sixth of the month of July, at five o’clock in the morning, deceased in Trier: Apollonia Braun, widow.
First husband Valentin Schalkenbach, second husband Sebastian Weidig and third husband Johann Adam Schmidt. Born in Gondorf, seventy two years old, without profession, residing in Trier, daughter of Peter Braun, carpenter of status, last residence in Gondorf, and his wife Maria Scheuren, last residence in Gondorf.

About which and after the civil servant had convinced himself of the death of the person in question was drawn up the present document, which after a given reading of the same by the notifying parties and the civil servant was signed in duplicate.

Trier, the day, month and year as above.
W. Buschmann, Jos. Weidig, Melchior
jmcenaney

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:43 am      Post subject:

This provides me so much information. Information I was not able to ascertain from scanning and using google translate here and there. Many thanks, Michael.
Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:21 am      Post subject: Locating Church

I was wondering if there is information on this certificate that will lead me to the church where my GGF was baptized?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Kurt

1890-William Johann heinrich Kuper-Baptism.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  478.59 KB

1890-William Johann heinrich Kuper-Baptism.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Locating Church

Kurt1322 wrote:
I was wondering if there is information on this certificate that will lead me to the church where my GGF was baptized?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Kurt

Hi Kurt,
On the certificate, it refers to the baptismal records of a Roman Catholic Church. Further down, it shows he was born in Ottensen. At the bottom of the page, is the pre-printed word Altona after which you find the date when the certificate was written. Beneath the words "In Fidem" is the name of the pastor, Knipper.
Putting these together with a bit of Google-sleuthing, I think your answer is St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Altona, where Heinrich Knipper was a priest 1885-1895.
Best regards,
Sophia
Nika

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:58 am      Post subject: Translation of old German in newspaper court report

Please could you help me?
I have a newspaper report of a court case, I think relating to property claims.
It relates to my 3 x great grandmother Thekla Ursula Jordan z Beldowska. It contains many references to family and marriages but I cannot find many of the words in google or a dictionary.
Of course I do not expect the whole report to be translate but if anyone could sort the relationships out it would be very helpful. I understand if this is too big a task.
Thank you . Nika

Beldowska T U doc 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.54 KB

Beldowska T U doc 2.jpg

Beldowska T U doc 2a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.58 KB

Beldowska T U doc 2a.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:07 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of old German in newspaper court report

Nika wrote:
Please could you help me?
I have a newspaper report of a court case, I think relating to property claims.
It relates to my 3 x great grandmother Thekla Ursula Jordan z Beldowska. It contains many references to family and marriages but I cannot find many of the words in google or a dictionary.
Of course I do not expect the whole report to be translate but if anyone could sort the relationships out it would be very helpful. I understand if this is too big a task.
Thank you . Nika

Hello Nika,

Please find attached a - simplified - outline of what happened and who was involved on which side.

Hope it helps,
Michael

On January 1, 1841 Joseph Kasimir Beldowski successfully claimed 1,477 Taler plus interest from Anna Beldowska zweiter Ehe Laskowska [she was married the second time] and Georg Zbierzchowski.

Joseph Kasimir Beldowski acted

• in his own name as well as

• a representative for the heirs of Joseph Beldowski
      o the daughter Thekla Ursula Jordan, born Beldowska
      o the son Narcis Marcell Beldowski, his real successor
        o his son Ludwig
        o his daughters Severine, Ludwike and Sophie Beldowski and

• as a trustee for Franz Beldowski

The children of Narcis Marcell Beldowski (Ludwig, Serverine, Ludwike and Sophie) were under age as they were represented by Rosalie Beldowska, born Zajaczkowska, and Gabriel Haderlein.

On July 18, 1843 Georg Zbierzchowski applied for restitutio in integrum [Wiedereinsetzung in den vorherigen Stand] against Ignatz Deissenberg, Joseph Kasimir Beldowski and the heirs of Joseph Beldowski.

At that time

• Joseph Kasimir Beldowski was deceased, his heirs unknown
    • Anna Beldowska zweiter Ehe Laskowska was deceased, her heirs unknown
    • the residence of the heirs of Joseph Beldowski was unknown

hence the court appointed as trustees

• Rudolph Marek, representing Joseph Kasimir Beldowski as well as the heirs of Joseph Beldowski
    • Ferdinand Spital, representing Anna Beldowska zweiter Ehe Laskowska

and set February 9, 1847 as the date for the trial.
Nika

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:25 pm      Post subject: Thank you - so fast

I am very grateful. Thank you for your time. I can now move forward with my search. You are superb.
Many thanks. Nike
Louie

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:03 am      Post subject: German Translation needed - Michael Dawicki

1867 No. 40 (The 40th male to die in the parish) Michael Dawicki ( What is the word after the surname) from Poschmin died at 11 AM on August 11. He was 71. He was buried on the 14th of August. (What is written under the time of death? (A ditto and something else?)
And then please translate everything on the second page.

Thank, you,
louie

1867_D_Michael Dawicki.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  433.62 KB

1867_D_Michael Dawicki.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:34 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation needed - Michael Dawicki

Louie wrote:
1867 No. 40 (The 40th male to die in the parish) Michael Dawicki ( What is the word after the surname) from Poschmin died at 11 AM on August 11. He was 71. He was buried on the 14th of August. (What is written under the time of death? (A ditto and something else?)
And then please translate everything on the second page.

Thank, you,
louie

Hello Louie,

1867 No. 40 (The 40th male to die in the parish) Michael Dawicki, Altsitzer [a retired farmer] from Koschmin died at 11 AM on August 10. He was 71. He was buried on the 13th of August. The time of death is written in letters and figures [Ziffern und Buchstaben]. The place of burial is “dto” or ditto” and refers to the first entry in this column: Pogutken.

On the second page:

Illness or other cause of death: nerve fever [Nervenfieber]
Medical aid: none [keine]
Name of the priest who received the information about the death: Keller [derselbe, refers to the first entry in this column]
Reason for the priest to be convinced of the certainty of death: Notice of the local mayor [Anzeige des Ortsschulzen]
Children under age or other heirs of the deceased, as far as the priest knows about: the son Michael, tenant [der Sohn Michael, Pächter].

Best regards,
Michael
Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:18 am      Post subject: Death Record Help

I would appreciate help with the translation of this Death Record. I am most interested in any info on her birth location or any "odd / random" details. I have what I believe is her Baptism record from the Parish of Warez in Poland/Ukraine and I am trying to confirm this is same person.

Thank you

Kurt

1901-Maria Gloger DC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  805.13 KB

1901-Maria Gloger DC.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:02 am      Post subject: Re: Death Record Help

Kurt1322 wrote:
I would appreciate help with the translation of this Death Record. I am most interested in any info on her birth location or any "odd / random" details. I have what I believe is her Baptism record from the Parish of Warez in Poland/Ukraine and I am trying to confirm this is same person.

Thank you

Kurt

Hello Kurt,

This person was born in Silesia. Please find attached the details from the death record.

Best regards,
Michael

C. No. 16.
Schwammelwitz, on April 15, 1901.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the farmer [Bauergutsbesitzer] Franz Gloger, residing in Schwammelwitz, and gave notice that

the retired farmer’s wife [Bauerauszügerin] Maria Gloger, born Wagner, 80 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Schwammelwitz, born in Alt-Wilmsdorf, Kreis Neisse, last married to the surviving retired farmer [Bauerauszüger] Franz Gloger in Schwammelwitz, daughter of the farmer [Bauergutsbesitzer] Anton Wagner and his wife Rosalia, born Friebel, both deceased in Altwilmsdorf, Kreis Neisse, in Schwammelwitz in her flat, the housing of the notice giver, died on April 15, 1901 at 3 o’clock a.m.

Read aloud, approved and signed
Franz Gloger.
The registrar
Fey.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Schwammelwitz, on April 15, 1901.
The registrar
Fey.
cbuckord

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:39 pm      Post subject: Please translate

Please translate this family record. Thank you very much, Dena

Karolina Konarska death record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  968.33 KB

Karolina Konarska death record.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 46 of 95

Jump to: