PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Author

Replies: 547

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:11 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate

cbuckord wrote:
Please translate this family record. Thank you very much, Dena

Hello Dena,
Please find attached the translation.
Best regards,
Michael

C. No. 82.
Ohra, on April 14, 1911.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the wife [Ehefrau] Emma Brauer, born Kanarski, without profession, residing in Ohra, Schönfelderweg 26, and gave notice that

Karolina Kanarski, born Wenzel, without profession, 74 years old, of Protestant religion, residing in Ohra, Schönfelderweg 26, born in Krug Babenthal, county [Kreis] Karthaus on September 29, 1836, wife of the worker [Arbeiter] Karl Kanarski, parents of the deceased unknown, in Ohra, Schönfelderweg 26 in her presence died on April 23, 1911 at a quarter past 11 o’clock a.m.

Read aloud, approved and signed
Emma Brauer.
The registrar.
As deputy.
[Signature].
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Ohra, on April 24, 1911.
The registrar.
[Signature].
ertylisz
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 191

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:32 pm      Post subject:

Would you please translate the attached baptismal record of Carl August Timm. There are two pages 198 and 199. Carl appears on Page 198 as record 13 and his parents appear on page 199 as Wilhelm Timm and Wilhelmine Klatt, 8th row from top. Would you also translate the Titles of each column please.
ertylisz

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:10 am      Post subject:

Having difficulty attaching the baptismal record of Carl August Timm. Trying again.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:32 am      Post subject:

Dear Kmichael8,

I am the owner of an old upright piano. The instrument needed tuning.
After opening the piano I have found two pieces of paper, with german inscriptions, stuck to the inside wall of the piano.
Would You be so kind and help me understand it?

Thank You so much,

Marcel.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 08.11.01.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.4 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 08.11.01.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 08.11.01 (1).jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.93 KB

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 08.11.01 (1).jpeg

PAYPAL: [email protected]
ertylisz

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:22 pm      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Would you please translate the attached baptismal record of Carl August Timm. There are two pages 198 and 199. Carl appears on Page 198 as record 13 and his parents appear on page 199 as Wilhelm Timm and Wilhelmine Klatt, 8th row from top. Would you also translate the Titles of each column please.

TIMM, CARL AUGUST, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, 1852, PAGE 198, 20.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  560.45 KB

TIMM, CARL AUGUST,  BIRTH CERTIFICATE, 1852, PAGE 198, 20.jpg

ertylisz

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:23 pm      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
ertylisz wrote:

TIMM, CARL AUGUST, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, 1852, PAGE 199, 20.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  556.4 KB

TIMM, CARL AUGUST,  BIRTH CERTIFICATE, 1852, PAGE 199, 20.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:30 am      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
Dear Kmichael8,

After opening the piano I have found two pieces of paper, with german inscriptions, stuck to the inside wall of the piano.

Thank You so much,

Marcel.

Hello Marcel,

The first image provides the manufacturer of the piano: E. [probably Emil] Putzger in Lübeck, the street is Fischergrube No. 410, located in the historic center of the city. The two lines at the bottom are a [self-] recommendation: Recommends elegant pianos of solid design, fine full tone and precise varieties at cheapest prices with a guaranty of several years.

The second image provides information about the price and / or the purchase. The first line: price, purchase price, Thaler and the acronym RRR [I don’t know]. The second line: received on April 21, 1876 - obviously the price was paid this day and the deal signed with the signature in the third line which I would read as F.H. Stüve.

Hope this helps,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:37 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
ertylisz wrote:

Hello

Please find attached the birth record. The structure is: German column heading / English column heading - German column content / English column content.

Best regards,
Michael

First page

[Page header] Jahr 1852, zweiundfünfzig / Year 1852, fifty two

Nr. / No. – 13 [Carl August was the 13th child baptized in 1852]

Jahr und Monat, Tag, Stunde der Geburt / Year and month, day and hour of the child’s birth – 1852, Januar, d[en] 22. zweiundzwanzigsten Januar, abends 6 Uhr / January 22nd, 1863 at 6 o’clock p.m.

Sohn / Son [refers to legitimate and to illegitimate sons]
    ehelich / legitimate – 9 [Carl August was the 9th legitimate and male child baptized in 1852]
    unehelich / illegitimate

Tochter / daughter [refers to legitimate and to illegitimate daughters]
    ehelich / legitimate
    unehelich / illegitimate

Namen des Ortes, woher / Location - Brodden

Tag der Taufe, Name des Täuflings / Day of the child’s baptism and name of the baptized child - d[en] 25. Januar / January 25th, Carl August

Name des Geistlichen, welcher die Taufe verrichtet. / Name of the priest who performed the baptism – Fuchs

Second page

Vor- und Geschlechtsname / Given and family name
    des Vaters / of the father – Wilhelm Timm
    der Mutter / of the mother – Wilhelmine Klatt

Religion
    des Vaters / of the father – evangelisch / Protestant
    der Mutter / of the mother – evangelisch / Protestant

Stand und Gewerbe des Vaters / Status and profession of the father – Kolonist / colonist

Name, Stand und Gewerbe der Pathen / Name, status and profession of the godparents – Samuel Hoffmann, Schuster / shoe maker, Friedrich Palinske, Schneider / Snyder, Minna Riewe, Jungfrau / maiden

Anmerkungen, ob Zwillinge oder sonst was außerordentliches bei dem Kinde zu bemerken. / Notes on whether to notice twins or something extraordinary about the child. – none
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:02 am      Post subject:

Kmichael8 wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Dear Kmichael8,

Thank You so much,

Marcel.

Hello Marcel,

The first image provides the manufacturer of the piano: E. [probably Emil] Putzger in Lübeck, the street is Fischergrube No. 410, located in the historic center of the city. The two lines at the bottom are a [self-] recommendation: Recommends elegant pianos of solid design, fine full tone and precise varieties at cheapest prices with a guaranty of several years.

The second image provides information about the price and / or the purchase. The first line: price, purchase price, Thaler and the acronym RRR [I don’t know]. The second line: received on April 21, 1876 - obviously the price was paid this day and the deal signed with the signature in the third line which I would read as F.H. Stüve.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Thank You so much, I appreciate Your help.
Have a good day.

Marcel.

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1028

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:34 pm      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
Kmichael8 wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Dear Kmichael8,

Thank You so much,

Marcel.

Hello Marcel,

Hope this helps,
Michael

Have a good day.

Marcel.

Hi Michael and Marcel,
Very interesting documents! Marcel, are you sure the second image is complete? In your photo, it looks like the paper was folded before it was stuck to the inside wall of the piano. There may be additional words on the paper.
Just curious,
Sophia
ertylisz

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:11 pm      Post subject:

Kmichael8 wrote:
ertylisz wrote:
ertylisz wrote:

Can I assume that the statement "January 22nd, 1863 at 6 o’clock p.m. " is in error and should read "January 22nd, 1852 at 6 o’clock p.m. " ?

Gene Tylisz

Hello

Please find attached the birth record. The structure is: German column heading / English column heading - German column content / English column content.

Best regards,
Michael

First page

Nr. / No. – 13 [Carl August was the 13th child baptized in 1852]

Jahr und Monat, Tag, Stunde der Geburt / Year and month, day and hour of the child’s birth – 1852, Januar, d[en] 22. zweiundzwanzigsten Januar, abends 6 Uhr / January 22nd, 1863 at 6 o’clock p.m.

Sohn / Son [refers to legitimate and to illegitimate sons]
    ehelich / legitimate – 9 [Carl August was the 9th legitimate and male child baptized in 1852]
    unehelich / illegitimate

Tochter / daughter [refers to legitimate and to illegitimate daughters]
    ehelich / legitimate
    unehelich / illegitimate

Namen des Ortes, woher / Location - Brodden

Tag der Taufe, Name des Täuflings / Day of the child’s baptism and name of the baptized child - d[en] 25. Januar / January 25th, Carl August

Name des Geistlichen, welcher die Taufe verrichtet. / Name of the priest who performed the baptism – Fuchs

Second page

Vor- und Geschlechtsname / Given and family name
    des Vaters / of the father – Wilhelm Timm
    der Mutter / of the mother – Wilhelmine Klatt

Religion
    des Vaters / of the father – evangelisch / Protestant
    der Mutter / of the mother – evangelisch / Protestant

Stand und Gewerbe des Vaters / Status and profession of the father – Kolonist / colonist

Name, Stand und Gewerbe der Pathen / Name, status and profession of the godparents – Samuel Hoffmann, Schuster / shoe maker, Friedrich Palinske, Schneider / Snyder, Minna Riewe, Jungfrau / maiden

Anmerkungen, ob Zwillinge oder sonst was außerordentliches bei dem Kinde zu bemerken. / Notes on whether to notice twins or something extraordinary about the child. – none
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:05 pm      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Kmichael8 wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Dear Kmichael8,

Thank You so much,

Marcel.

Hello Marcel,

Hope this helps,
Michael

Have a good day.

Marcel.

Hi Michael and Marcel,
Very interesting documents! Marcel, are you sure the second image is complete? In your photo, it looks like the paper was folded before it was stuck to the inside wall of the piano. There may be additional words on the paper.
Just curious,
Sophia

Dear Sophia,

thank You for for paying attention to this detail, I did not notice it. I will check and inform You.

Best regards,

Marcel.

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:36 am      Post subject:

[quote="ertylisz"][quote="Kmichael8"]
ertylisz wrote:
ertylisz wrote:

Can I assume that the statement "January 22nd, 1863 at 6 o’clock p.m. " is in error and should read "January 22nd, 1852 at 6 o’clock p.m. " ?

Gene Tylisz

Gene,

You are right. It should read "January 22nd, 1852". Sorry for any incovenience.

Michael
ertylisz

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:15 pm      Post subject:

Would you please translate the attached baptismal record of Albert Wilhelm Heinrich Kiper. His record is on line 79.

KIEPER, ALBERT WILHELM , BIRTH RECORD, 1864.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  259.14 KB

KIEPER, ALBERT WILHELM , BIRTH RECORD, 1864.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:56 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Would you please translate the attached baptismal record of Albert Wilhelm Heinrich Kiper. His record is on line 79.

The quality of this scan is poor, so it’s more guessing than reading:

On September 4th, 1864 was baptized Albert Wilhelm Heinrich, born on August 25th at 10 o’clock a.m., son of Johann Kiper, [his profession is illegible] and Charlotte, born [her maiden name is illegible], the father residing in Gohra. [The names of the godparents are illegible].

Perhaps you could provide a scan with a higher resolution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 94, 95, 96  Next Page 47 of 96

Jump to: